Grindtime Now Presents: Okwerdz vs T-rex!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by bobbaforce, Jun 1, 2010.

?

WHO WON!!!

Poll closed Jun 6, 2010.
  1. okwerdz !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. t-rex !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too close to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

ill bookmark this stupidity for tomorrow
    test
  2. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

hahaha alright, lemme know
    test
  3. azhotazice

azhotazice Active Member

eg quit trippin i dont wanna ruin anything but rex won that battle if you look at it from a battle stand point. im still ridin fresh coast tho I have much respect for ok but on footage thats what it is
    test
  4. steelfist

steelfist New Member

competitions that are judged by opinions are stupid to me. I hate competing in something where facts don't determine the outcome.
    test
  5. steelfist

steelfist New Member

It's a white vs black thing. Come on, man. These sites are flooded by whites so dudes are going to get the majority of the votes.
    test
  6. Freemason

Freemason New Member

did this nigga just say a trex involves into a chicken. that was corniest thing i ever heard in battle rap and i watched two kid caustic battles.
    test
  7. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

Yeah that T-rex evolution segment was the corniest shit ever haha how the fuck did he think that was gonna be cool? and fucking freshcoasters that cheer for shit like that! blaaaaah repulsive
    test
  8. Swaggatron

Swaggatron Fuck AutotuneBots

Y'all nee to step your science game up cuz that shit's true, there are a shitload of similarity's between the modern day chicken en the T-Rex's skeleten structure, way of moving etc..

Anywayzz yo the URL polls votes and comments are mad delusional T-Rex votes 67% Okwerdz 27% Draw 8%, the comments are mad retarded, the only thing i kinda agree with is that Rex was rapping more but at the end of the day Ok won fair and square, T-Rex did really good i was impressed but deez niggaz is trippin, but i didn't expect anything else from the same fools that believe Arsonal bodied Okwerdz smh..

http://www.urltv.tv/profiles/blogs/grind-time-now-presents-2
    test
  9. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

Man I got that shit, I still thought it was corny and laughable (in the wrong way)...you know, the opposite of DOPE
    test
  10. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

Okay people are throwing around a lot of claims in this thread without backing them up with any specifics. I'm gonna go round by round and try to disprove some of the shit that keeps getting repeated.

Round 1:

T-Rex - Beginning was mostly filler. Dissing Okwerdz for not being a gangster? Who ever said he was? That shit isn't even relevant. "Naked in Lush room" was kinda funny. Hat thing was hilarious ("take your remains and throw them in a lake" - hah), phone call from mother was fuckin' bodybag. Ex-I and Hollow already dissed Okwerdz for paying people to be on his album -- Rex gave a textbook example of how you can repeat a diss that has already been done before and make it fire.

Okwerdz - Some throwaway stuff at the beginning that didn't get any reaction. First line to get the crowd hyped was "bigger faggot than Solar" which was dope. Black Illusion Z was a decent line. "Evolves into a chicken" line rightfully got a nice reaction for the reason EG already explained -- set up very well. "Vision based on movement" was lame and didn't get any reaction. "Deport him from the city like e40 did to Biggie" got some reaction and the rhyme scheme he used was more complex than ANYTHING T-REX SPIT IN THE WHOLE BATTLE. Ok closed with a haymaker -- it is true that NOBODY would be paying attention to T-Rex nowadays if it wasn't for Ok and Math.

To sum it up, this first round disproves a few myths:

"Okwerdz is so basic" - It's the exact fuckin' opposite.. Okwerdz used a lot more multis and schemes than T-Rex did. ALL of Rex's rhymes are basic. People give him a pass on it because he has better flow.

"Crowd is biased" - They gave Rex crazy reaction this first round. They were quiet when Ok spit some lame bars. I'll grant that there were some things that got reaction that didn't deserve it, like "his ear was pregnant," but if you listen it seems like its only three or four people who are "wooing" at that shit.

I give Rex round 1 because his approach was creative, funny, and really hard-hitting. But don't sleep on Ok's first round he had some fire.
    test
  11. ErikForeman

^even if I disagree, I respect your opinion and breakdown of the subject.

didn't like the "bigger faggot than solar" at all though. it has no relevance, takes no wit to write and "bashed with a crowbar" isn't really the best setup in the world. it seemed like a line illusion z would write, ironically.

both of them had some throwaway rhymes so it doesn't matter. beer can on his head was dumb as well, and tacked on poorly IMO. saying okwerdz claimed to be gangsta was stupid as fuck, but as most people should know, t-rex comes from street battles where most disses are generic. the fact that Rex had as many personals as he did should be surprising in its itself.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

Round 2:

T-Rex - The only thing that really got any reaction was the stuff about Ok and Dizaster being gay, which was really funny. The rest of this round basically sucked and was full of filler. "Hammered, like drunk" just wasn't funny. "It don't make your raps no harder cuz your face turn red / cause the people that don't know you, they might think you was dead" -- WTF does this even mean? Rex has tons of shit like this.. just random filler that doesn't even make sense. "Hamsters and shit" got lots of reaction even though I thought it was corny.

Okwerdz - Beginning sucked. Botched his "it's not in my character" line and it got no reaction. "Robbed for your change" didn't get much reaction because Math said it before and Okwerdz didn't really do anything different with it. Ok did have a few dickriders in the crowd overreacting to the hospital shit, which was mostly lame. "The snitch was in your crew" deserved the reaction it got though. Once again, Okwerdz ended the round really strong - "you're the reason the word dickrider was invented" IS SO FUCKING TRUE - should've got more reaction. Even Rex liked the "fuck you mean 'we'" line.

Okwerdz wins this round for having more relevant shit. In all three rounds Ok stays consistent, but you can see Rex falling off. The only really good stuff he had was the stuff about Dizaster. After really listening closely to this round though, I think it was pretty weak overall for both of them.
    test
  13. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

Damn I don't think I'm ever going to want to listen to this battle again after this shit.

Round 3:

T-Rex - Most seem to agree that this was Rex's weakest. I agree with Foreman that the "two deep in your hometown" was dope and should've got more reaction -- if Okwerdz said some shit like that crowd would've went nuts. Rosa Parks thing was funny. Serrogation and Hamspring -- what would the Ok haters be saying if he said some shit as stupid as this? I thought the Brady Bunch stuff was slept on a little. "O KKK" was lame. "I always hear him talkin' bout how he always sprayin' stuff when he come on / and how his [???] got his gun drawn" -- yeah, Okwerdz always talkin' about sparkin the tool.

Okwerdz - For the first time in the battle Okwerdz opened a round really strong. Called Rex out for recycling (which hasn't been done before) and got at Arsonal. "Freeway to throw a beat on" was fire. Setup was dope and it took some balls to say that shit. Chicken noodle soup was funny -- again, got reaction because it hadn't been said before. "Wear slacks and read books" funny and a nice rebuttal. "A thousand steps from Malcom X" hard-hitting and true. Rappers like Rex are a walking stereotype on some minstrel show shit. Calling out smack at the end was whatever, but he already won the round at that point.

Round 3 Ok.
    test
  14. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

wtf

hammered like drunk?

thats a fuckin shit line
    test
  15. ErikForeman

shittier lines are reacted to at GT hahaha c'mon.

and yes, it was lame, just funny.
    test
  16. jmflu

jmflu New Member

I Agree pretty much with nips breakdown
    test
  17. reznick

reznick New Member

lol that was dope as fuck

he used a dope comparison to explain how (supposedly) hammered for Trex means someones gettin clapped while hammered for Ok means someones gettin drunk
    test
  18. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

i thought the only good line in there was the "deport him from the city".

to me, that "evolves into a chicken" line is bunz.
    test
  19. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

smashed wit a crow bar is a sick setup

the way ok said it was mad catchy i been sayin it all week
    SMASHED WIT A CROW BAR
    test
  20. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Wow are yall still arguing in here?
    test
Thread Status: