Grindtime Now Presents: Okwerdz vs T-rex!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by bobbaforce, Jun 1, 2010.

?

WHO WON!!!

Poll closed Jun 6, 2010.
  1. okwerdz !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. t-rex !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too close to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

Yeah but if we attack there manhood it would cause more to come to Toronto to prove me wrong. It's all part of my evil plan to get more battles to come to Toronto
    test
  2. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

sure the appearance of bias. that's not bias. im sorry that cali doesn't go crazy for wack shit like "ill finger all 3 of her holes SHE A BOWLIN BALL" but that shit isn't bias

the formula for receiving tons of cali love is pretty simple and if smack dudes don't care enough to adapt to it, that's their fault. rex did it for 1 round and surprise lots of people think he won it.

this shit is not hard to understand. watch cruger vs ill-z (huge fan favorite in cali) or eurgh vs. reverse live. and then watch organik vs. diz. all 3 cali favorites going against 3 outsiders. eurgh and cruger had nothing but awesome personals that everyone understood and tons of "punches" that people could understand. they both destroyed it. organik did well vs diz but had a lot of filler and less haymakers and personals than the rest and his response from the crowd reflected that. CALI JUST WANTS AWESOME PERSONALS AND FUNNY LINES.

guaran-fucking-tee rex could have came to cali and shit on okwerdz if he had tons of personals and jokes and shit that the crowd could understand about okwerdz. count the fucking lines of filler vs. filler between them and its easy to understand why dude lost.

I AM DONE TYPING YOU RATS THE SCIENCE OF BATTLING HAS ELUDED YOU

they all went to grizzle didn't they

and i can see why they don't leave that much no offense to other divisions but most of their lineups are fuckin wack without cali dudes there who the fuck wants to go to a ny event where the head liner is some shit like dna vs. rone or some shit (no offense to either but seriously)
    test
  3. Paraglox

Paraglox New Member

you reachin if you think there wasn't some bias in this battle haha people are going to act like this big headed nigga okwerdz just bodied dude but if you look at the footage it dont even appear that way, nigga t rex went in on that first round when he pulled out that hat i just about died.
    test
  4. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

yeah t-rex did do super well in that first round. thats why the entire crowd was laughing hysterically when he pulled out the hat and went bananas at the tech n9ne kool g rap shit.
    test
  5. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

wow.... nuff dickriders on this forum. rex got first 2 easy. 3rd he edged it too. ok had nothin but ear jokes for the most part. rex came personal, had jokes, was hard, wordplay. i was really impressed and usually not a fan of his.
    test
  6. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

I think the bias doesn't have to do with ppl not reacting to T-Rex, its more of the overreacting to Okwerdz. Ppl were reacting to his average set-ups (ostrich or a pigeon). And why do ppl feel the need to yell out "FRESH COAST" after Ok says a nice line that doesn't have anything to do with the west coast?
    test
  7. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Yes, the level of reaction was different. "We have a TheSaurus" was an aweful line, and people required a change in underwear after it.. whereas T-Rex's OK scheme and "Hammered, like drunk" line, which alot of people I know thought was hilarious at the least.. dude gets minimal reaction at all. "2 deep in your hometown, nigga WHAT" was ill as fuck, without even having to use schemes or punchlines.. it was just pure, stylistic personal value.. very small reaction at all.

Like I said, it may be that T-Rex is generally hated at GT; but I think the main problem is noone is well versed in battling enough to know that a personal isn't the only type of punchline that can be hard hitting. I'm hoping you know this too, I'm pretty sure you do.. so I don't know why you'd even attempt to question that.

If it's not a personal or an exaggerated joke/reference, people don't laugh/react. Somethings that street battlers do are for the entire experience and not just the RIGHT now. They don't do that whole "SETUP/ punch /SETUP / punch" shit that is almost required in GT, they go by all kinds of factors and energies.. capturing the audience, spitting schemes..

Maybe it wasn't you that was saying that SETUP/punch/SETUP/punch shit earlier in this thread, and if so ignore it.. but if it was, weren't you also one of the people arguing why Marv/Quest was so ill even though they didn't really have any good lines? How can you say that and not count it the same for T-Rex?
    test
  8. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

my thesaurus line was better
    ok shoulda said:

'ur name is short for tyrannosaurus...faggot thats what a dinosaur is/
    so why the fuck does gt need a trex...when we got a muthafuckin thesaurus'
    test
  9. Mave2

Mave2 Active Member

MOB Crowd: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    test
  10. ArkansasWill

ArkansasWill New Member

Avo, wat battle from mob is next?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Swave Sevah vs Fredo

amazing battle.
    test
  12. ArkansasWill

ArkansasWill New Member

this
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. Boom

Boom paradox

i cant wait for that battle. Swave has been one of my favorites since his medina battle, but his 1st round vs Collide was just too hilarious.

'if you die......my bad'
    test
  14. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

swave vs fredo closest battle of both days.

Although 24/7 vs reverse and tantrum vs bartone were close (for different reasons)
    test
  15. jazegtnyvp

jazegtnyvp V.I.P. (BeastCoast NY)

dropped alotta knowledge for the youngins in this one
    test
  16. ZEDD

ZEDD Active Member

okwerdz is mid tier i understand why he gets respect but doesnt mean hes not overrated

if hes going to call out t-rex the way he did he should have had better material

Rex's first was the best verse in this battle IMO and i think Juce's first was the best of that battle plus he lost to hollow pretty decisively

regardless, between all the leagues theres probably about 20-25 guys better than Ok but hes a name that gets views
    test
  17. jDubbs416

jDubbs416 New Member

i voted rex..

okwerdz is boring imo.. style is so simple. he's good at getting right to the point and has good projection but thats about it. i've always thought this.. all due respect

rex had a few corny lines but he was also the only one of the two that actually made me laugh.. ie:
    - the line about slappin eachother on the ass like "good game", and aint nobody playin nothin..
    - the line with the kangol.. "you think you can beat me wearin some shit like that!?"
    -the line about okwerdz bein a vet.. you know.. dealin with hamsters n shit..

that was some funny shit.

i wish lush saved this battle for last. that way ars and diz would've got all 3 in and we still would have gotten to see rex's first round haha.. oh well

cant wait to see swave's battle..
    test
  18. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

lmfao at conceited shaking his head saying NO at the hollow is horrible line
    test
  19. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

let's be serious though i'm pretty sure hollow would devastate t-rex
    test
  20. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

Lol kinda feel bad for Con. I've heard he's a real nice guy, but he's always put in the middle of the coast crap. DOA vs. SONS, being right there as DNA disses QP and shit, Smack rappers dissin GT and vice versa. His name seems to pop up a lot because of his popularity.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.