Grindtime Now Presents: Okwerdz vs T-rex!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by bobbaforce, Jun 1, 2010.

?

WHO WON!!!

Poll closed Jun 6, 2010.
  1. okwerdz !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. t-rex !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too close to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

Some of the lines from ock that the crowd went crazy over were really bad, that shows how the WC crowd wanted to hype up their own. t-rex had some(and i mean only some) good lines that didnt get any response at all just cause people were wanting him to look like he got demolished.. they wanted to make Ok look way better than he performed. He did his thing though and still won off strength of lines overall but some of those lines didnt deserve all that yelling or anything near it.
    test
  2. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

name some of these wack lines that got tons of response or these awesome lines by rex that didn't get response
    test
  3. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Pregnant ear and black illusion-z....giggle worthy lines for sure but not the 'stop the rapper from the response' dope namean

PEACE
    test
  4. MCVeteran

MCVeteran I enjoy Capri Suns

test
  5. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

cuz he has one song called kiss and hold her?... hes a mixtape head.. he does wack new york mixtape type music.... listen to ya dead t rex and stack bundles.. the song overall aint bad but hes wack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH3BSadP6ro
    test
  6. SiFu

evolves into a chicken....that I thought was pretty dope I like the concept of it and how he built it up and used more than just an easy name play but the response was a lil much dont you think?? I feel bad saying but it seemed a lil programed whereas Trex's reactions were spontaneous and seemed more from the heart, I dont think they under reacted to him they reacted right they just overreacted a bit for okwerdz....its natural sure

PEACE
    test
  7. EmceeGoddess

i have 2 jobs, you are too broke to pay debts off of bets you make and are too shook to come to a cali event

i have the contact info for your entire family they will all be hearing about you soon enough
    test
  8. EmceeGoddess

no i dont think the response was a lil much thats a great line with a great setup and it talks about how much he's ducked him

like i said dude, spit lines that the crowd understands, have them be personal and set them up well. that line meets all the criteria and everybody in the crowd knew how rex DUCKED THE FUCK OUT OF OKWERDZ. and that line is a personal + a name flip + something everyone is totally aware of.

the black ill-z line is the same shit dude.

im sorry you can't understand this.
    test
  9. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

The only thing that really hurt rex in that round was the nurse personal, that was brutal, you could tell he was shocked as to how he even knew that, dude actually got quiet at that point. And then the mook/serious line that was like what you mean 'we'.
    test
  10. EmceeGoddess

the pregnant ear shit was whatever. and looking back i dont get what you're talking about, that line didn't get much of a response at all dude. the next 2 was a setup without a punch and it got 0 response and the next 2 of the punch about him riding dick got a small ass response too.
    test
  11. Yeah Dude

Yeah Dude New Member

Is this the kid who tried to kiss Ok on the mouth at one of the earlier BOTB events?
    test
  12. SiFu

I dunno bruv....chicken bar aside the other shit seems simple to me, as simple as what concieted does seems to you I guess....Okwerdz got at him for sure but the crowd defo overhyped...black illusion z like I said is a reaction worthy line but not like it was reacted to in my eyes, but then again I hardly ever geek over a bar my reactions are either to laugh, look at the person next to me nodding in approval or clapping or something.....

Its whatever tho....the battle entertained me I aint watched a battle more than once in a long long time...

PEACE
    test
  13. EmceeGoddess

bro

how many people in that audience do you think know who illusion z is?

probably every single one of them?

that's why a line like that will get tons of response.

we aren't splitting the atom here.

yo why dont u keep my personal life out of this thread
    test
  14. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

+

I hate to go line for line, i feel like a simp, but whatever..

"living in the shadow of mook line", it was done before..
    "get that baby cock removed/ put a lampshade over it" ..a bit predictable and repetitive with the topic, same thing we've been hearing in OK's blogs.

'recycles more than capt planet & that faggot arsonal" ..yeah, just a flip of a line we heard before.
    'im so pussy, why smack wont book me?" and 'x factor/jesse james' wasnt really anything to me, but still got some wooos.
    test
  15. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

There was major bias as this was a WC rappepr from GT going against EC rapper from SMACK. Plus GT has a known style preference that makes rappers that use personal jokes all the way through have an advantage. Plus WC seem to be too afraid to ever leave the WC ( big up Dumbfoundead and Thesaurus for reaching Toronto)
    And there is more comaderie in the WC than other places so it helps bring the bias.
    test
  16. KingsCourtEnt

For one you can't just post the punch and say its good or not. Doing that shows lack of knowledge the Mook shadow has been used before but he set it up nice within what he was doing. The lampshade line was weak the baby cock removed was predicatable. But overall it was good as we knew we were going to get a barrage of ear jokes.

the smak lines were good as they were a rebuttle to what people were saying about Okwerds so he broke down what is going on. Yall need to stop just looking at the punch alone and realize the concept and setup to these punches Okwerds was nice with it. GT overacted yes, But they also acted as understanding the personals.
    I was waiting to hear that The Saurus line it was pretty funny
    test
  17. EmceeGoddess

im sorry but you clearly don't know what bias means. that's not a bias dude. especially when its been made super clear what cali likes to hear, just as it's obvious what ny likes to hear (wack generic shit)
    test
  18. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

lol, i get the setups and references dummy. dude im not posting word for word what he said, its just how i feel... just like sifu saying the black illz line was overhyped.
    test
  19. KingsCourtEnt

As I said in the post it does give certain people and advantage which will make them react to one more than the other. The reactions to one more than the other will add to the appearance of bias
    test
  20. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

word this is mostly what i was talkin about
    minus the afraid to leave part that ain't fair since we don't know rappers financial situations etc.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.