Grindtime Now Presents: Okwerdz vs T-rex!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by bobbaforce, Jun 1, 2010.

?

WHO WON!!!

Poll closed Jun 6, 2010.
  1. okwerdz !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. t-rex !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too close to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billw84

billw84 throwin' it down

his battle was next. he was reviewing his writtens
    test
  2. phillyfire

phillyfire New Member

The ear jokes were real funny and complex.....smh
    test
  3. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

I dunno man, I think if anyone dissed Hollow then the crowd would boo, he's tha Donn
    test
  4. b.h.d2k2

b.h.d2k2 Member

i love how yall complain about rex making comments thru his verses......yet yall do realize that your favorite GT rappers would NEVER make it in URL if there getting distracted by that little shit.

you got peoples crews talking...your opponent talkin and making comments...on top of the fact that the TIME DOESNT STOP....

as a battle rapper you gotta learn to deal with that shit...dont let it distract you....if you say a Sick Punchline in URL you gotta keep going otherwise your Time is fucked....you have to learn to command a stage and the crowd as well.

And whoever said that the crowd was stopping ok on him delivering lines by reacting....HIS BARS ARE BUILT THAT WAY...settup...settup...Punch....you can predict when hes gonna deliver the punch....he writes it that way....

i think rex did pretty fucking good for being two deep in Cali....let diz...or OK come out here to NY and deal with that URL crowd.....

i take back my original statement of rex taking it 2-1 tho after several more times of watching it....

i think the second round is too close to call...so it would be a tie...

That VET comparison shit was funny as hell....lol
    test
  5. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada

after watching it AGAIN..the battle seemed a lot closer than it did in my first watch, but im still gonna say that okwerdz edged it.

the second round is really the one in debate for who "won" the battle imo. and i think okwerdz did edge that round after watching it again, but it was really, really close.

was never a big trex fan but i think he did pretty well adjusting to gt format/crowd even though he got booed(first person to ever get booed in gt i think) it doesnt mean he was wack
    test
  6. Jimi Hillside

Jimi Hillside ._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Jayoo at 300 they stop updating view count for like 24 hours or something. That way it doesn't need to be constantly updated. I think after that they update once an hour.
    test
  7. phillyfire

phillyfire New Member

ok could have,illmac could have, thesaurs could have and no one would care
    test
  8. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

I definitely agree any URL battler, but I'm saying it shouldn't happen at all.

but no, if some other battler like DNA or Conceited, or Illmaculate dissed Hollow in a battle they would not boo. It's definitely because of him being portrayed as the enemy of GT. Haha
    test
  9. phillyfire

phillyfire New Member

Since pass can do it and con, i had no problem with Rex talking...Rex seemed like he wanted to provoke ok to hit lol.....Also math can NEVER battle okwerdz or ok will get fucked up....not in the battle, im sure math wont take someone yelling in his face like that...ask dose
    test
  10. BinoSWI

t-rex made me laugh tho

at the start of his 2nd round "shut the fuck up and rap" "MAKE ME" hahahaa
    then the first few bars t-rex spit in the 2nd were fuckin wack i thought "uno hammered like drunk" "toughest thing he ever did was smash a beer can in with his head"

i definitely thought they both brought it tho. jus thought okwerdz has better content. gonna watch it again tho
    test
  11. ErikForeman

Nah it's just people wanting to find any reason to diss T-Rex. I hate T-Rex personally, aint a fan whatsoever.. but Pass talks more during other peoples' verses than T-Rex ever did and people just laugh and say "ooooh paaaass. :)"

groupies
    test
  12. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Yeah I suppose. But I mean, he had a legit stumble in the third. He was free'ing some of that shit. He had some totally flat schemes in his last two rounds, lots of rhyming the same word with the same word in a double time scheme nonsense. He didn't fall that flat against like, Tech 9 for example.

To someone else ... some of Ok's schemes are meant for crowd reaction, sometimes they're just reacting to the setups. But yeah I'll agree he structures his shit like that intentionally to play to this crowd. I think if he went to NY you'd see more technical verses from him.

I'd love to see Ok in a URL battle because I wanna see what he'll do with it.
    test
  13. misterteenwolf

misterteenwolf Well-Known Member

lol @ tell freeway to put a beat on

also, fuck trice. damn that bitch is annoying
    test
  14. phillyfire

phillyfire New Member

i hate trex too....but i hate ok so much more

Hence the tie due to admitting my bias unlike most people here....
    test
  15. ErikForeman

Okwerdz had some great shit in his verses. If Math vs T-Rex hadn't happened already, I think it would've been a clear win for him.
    test
  16. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada

yeah people could say OH TREX WAS SO DISRESPECTFUL but at the end of the day i dont think you can win or lose a battle by the other talking during the others verses..its still gonna be about who has the better lines...not like oh trex came nice but he talked during okwerdz verses so he automatically loses
    test
  17. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

dope battle, props.

OK took it, 2-1 and could've been 3-0 cos the 1st round could've gone either way, altho round 2 close-ish too so it's just about preference on the content.

rex had some good shit but just not as consistent as OK.
    test
  18. mcJWalker

mcJWalker Member

k first off this battle was sick and lived up to the hype in my opinion. BUT i don't see how the result is being argued... i really didnt see it as that close at all. Rex's first sticks out at people because it was his best.. but if you look at both even his first wasnt that much better, if at all. But let's say rex got the first... okwerdz murdered him in the other two.. like they werent even close? bar for bar i dont know how people are making desisions...It wasnt JUST because of the fact that every bar ok spit was a relevant hard hitting line/compared to some very average concepts/punches .. he cut down his yelling and RAPPED just as good or better then rex did. theres no bias on my side because i think arsonal SLAUGHTERED dizaster from what i saw/ but whatever ur into.. its all opinions

hahah.. and whats with this " bias " shit over people deciding to boo when he dissed hollow... Hollow is from queens new york! people like hollow and hes not "horrible" so people booed. if okwerdz said something rasist or anything the crowd didnt like for that matter... they would boo.
    test
  19. ErikForeman

GT fans are never biased, man, what you talkin about?! Only us!

GS
    test
  20. BinoSWI

hmm yeah but they crowd favourites, t-rex aint and he knows he aint. some1 who aint a crowd favourite disses a crowd favourite for no reason - of course they gon get a bad reaction, not saying its right like. if someone came over from canada or UK or anywhere and dissed hollow or dumbfoundead for no reason they'd definitely get booed or some shit.

t-rex obviously knew he wasn't gonna get much of reactions as okwerdz so i thought he was really playin the bad guy role here. "it doesn't matter what u say already, or how the crowd feel in ur hometown cuz i got paid already" summed it up fo me. made it madd entertaining tho, and thats what battles should be.

SICK CLOSE BATTLE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.