Grindtime Now Presents: Okwerdz vs T-rex!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by bobbaforce, Jun 1, 2010.

?

WHO WON!!!

Poll closed Jun 6, 2010.
  1. okwerdz !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. t-rex !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too close to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada

does this thread really not exist yet?

anyways

[youtube]NM4NBsr0kho[/youtube]

also the thumbnail pic for the video is hilarious
    test
  2. The Grimace

The Grimace Jeff Goldblum

yeah, was wondering why it wasnt posted in here yet.

sick battle
    lol when arsonal raises his hand and Rex's fuckin kangol

edit*lol oh, and first*
    test
  3. bobbaforce

haha i think the server crashed due to too many ppl checkin for it
    test
  4. chicagolive

chicagolive Member

i really like rex's first and think he may have took the first round, but gave ok the last two pretty decisively. seems like rex used up all his ammo in the first.
    test
  5. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

First and on some swaggatron shit im not gonna be the first one watching it cuz i have to make my fake 4.20 first

finally though
    test
  6. bobbaforce

this shit was heated as fuck throughout tho, i loled when okwerdz took rex's hat and just tossed it haha.. ima do my breakdown alittle later i wanna watch it once more..first impression was that Okwerdz decisively took this.
    test
  7. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

ya i thought ok got this 2-1 t-rex seemed like he was reachin at times
    test
  8. chicagolive

chicagolive Member

lol at the crowd booing when rex dissed hollow
    test
  9. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

That was bullshit.
    test
  10. The Grimace

fuck rex is annoying though. how come no one else said shit bout his talking through awk's verses?

ugh, and the red dress bitch has to cameo in this one..
    test
  11. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Okwerdz wins 2-1. T-rex gets first. Okwerdz gets 2nd and 3rd. T-Rex is a bitch for talking in the middle of the other dude's raps. Thank god Okwerdz threw his cap.
    test
  12. The Grimace

good battle btw.
    test
  13. b.h.d2k2

b.h.d2k2 Member

Let me Say this First......I think Ok def KILLED Arsonal.....two....i think hollow beat him but OK held his own....

But T-Rex def got this......he got the first.......i think he edged the second (barely)....and i think OK had the Third....but i think she shoulda went more @ rex than dedicating the last 8 bars to smack....
    test
  14. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

I personally think it was a tie. I watched a few times, and yeah I leaned towards Rex for a while but I think that's my bias for flow and delivery hitting me.. (and street battling altogether) so taking that small edge off for safety, I came up unable to judge it.

I think the fact that alot of the stuff Okwerdz said had already been touched on by Math softened the blows for me, and T-Rex had by far one of his best performances ever.

The booing is bullshit. The GT crowd needs to grow up and learn that they can't always just root for the hometeam, buncha fuckin cheerleaders... When Calicoe went from GT over to URL and dissed Aye Verb, the URL crowd cheered. Same when Nuborn dissed Big T in his battle at URL.. What's with these Grindtime kids thinkin this is a team match?

People makin threads about GT vs URL "what's the score?" and shit, let's get past that BS and just have some battles already. Then I heard people bitchin about Rex being disrespectful during the battle.. but it was disrespectful from both sides. Just enjoy it for what it is and don't split hairs. In fact, Okwerdz took it to a physical level with the hat throw so that should cut all the talk about disrespect, it was obviously dirty play from both ends. Biased people are killin me lately... (most on YouTube comments)

As I said, overall I felt it was a tie. Great battle, and I liked that they showed respect at the end. (Much props to Okwerdz for doin that) The "evolves into a chicken" line was dangerous, and "chicken noodle soup" reference was pretty funny, that song fucking sucked. I liked alot of T-Rex's shit "paid already", "too deep" (not to mention his OK scheme, somethin like 'I got the OK to battle OK, couldn't do it in Harlem had do do it in OK' or somethin). The hat was an amazing touch to me, and as JayLegend mentioned to me it seems when they come from URL they usually bring a hat.. probably their way of bridging the gap and using props, since they don't do that at URL.

Awesome battle, it had beef and was disrespectful the entire way through until the end.

GS
    test
  15. jazegtnyvp

jazegtnyvp V.I.P. (BeastCoast NY)

Too close to call. Ok had more personals and crowd reaction, rex had better flow and delivery.

Round 1: Rex
    Round 2: Tie
    Round 3 Ok

I'd say OT.

Anytime there is a battle like this it always comes down to preference and what you like in a battle performance. True clash of styles. Their styles are completely night and day.

Certain similarities though that were funny to me. Like Ok is like "you're too soft to shoot the guns you talk about" and rex was like "you're too soft to fuck people up." Rex is like they dick-riding. Ok is like, no... you dickride.
    Good battle, liked math vs rex more tho.
    test
  16. b.h.d2k2

b.h.d2k2 Member

Ef has spoken...close thread.....
    test
  17. MRsalesman

Okwerds got that. 2 rounds to one...I didnt like him at all in the first, his old usual boring self, listen-starts rappin-listen-rap/scream (to much crown reaction as well) but then he took second and won third convincingly, he even rapped for like 20-30s or something, pretty awesome.

I dont think this battle was the shit though...I dont know i didnt feel it that much maybe it'll grow
    test
  18. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

Ok def got it, rex got a bit awkward at times (eheh) and stumbled like twice.

3-0 okwerdz imo, arguably 2-1
    test
  19. Fenris

Fenris Omnious

Shit was extremely close..1st Rex,2nd close-tie, 3rd close-ok. The crowd sleepin on t-rex was disappointing, actually the whole battle was sort of a disappointment. Okwerdz really wasnt impressive at all, expected more.
    test
  20. MRsalesman

WTF dude how could one even argue about rd1? Ok was terrible in that and that was Rex's best round as far as im concerned. But to each his own I guess
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.