Grind Time Vs Url (The World's Most Respected And Largest Battling League)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lee Taylor, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krown

Krown New Member

lol@ lor conducting phony research. Its hard to make a statement like that...theres going to be eminem fans who probably thought solomon won,etc...and worldstar kids who made up their mind ahead of time for math,etc...theres lots of people who think solomon won. On RM nowadays the #1 rule is that you have to believe Math Hoffa is jesus christ in rhyme form and in the physical. If you dont, everyone shits on you. Its getting out of hand
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Not on this board though..****finitely NOT on this board.
    test
  3. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

That's on URL's website, which is even HARSHER against non-street rappers. If they say a white guy won, it's because that white guy won.
    test
  4. gregrieke20

I've never even thought of this. Its a really good point.
    test
  5. gregrieke20

Well yea, but that's not my argument, lol. C'mon MyBalls get it together.
    test
  6. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

What annoy's me the most about people that complain about the SMACK/URL battling, is if you don't have an appreciation of that artform, than you're basically dissing the artform that created battle rapping to begin with. It was the street battling that started first from the hoods and over time has crossed over to suburbia america and overseas.

So to see people from the outside, diss the very thing that created the battle scene they love, is disheartening because they obviously don't know their history.

And r we serious about Hitman's, Arsonal's, Math's, Hollow Da Don's, Cortez's, etc street cred?????

I mean they are street dudes, who are around people that sell drugs, gang affiliated, ex-con's, and guns are associated. Just because they themselves aren't heavily involved in it, doesn't mean they don't know about it or it still doesn't involve them, when their boy gets shot, or they boy goes to jail for drug time or a murder. R ya'll serious?

Notorious Big, Tupac, 50 cent, Fat Joe, etc... r the same way??? R ya'll going to question their street cred????

SMH
    test
  7. Redd Roulette

Redd Roulette Redd & Black

I agree with the rest of your post but this point in particular. I re-watched Math vs Iron a few months back and I realized that Iron's first verse may have blinded me a bit, because I look at that shit now and think "damn, Math took it away in rounds 2 and 3".

... & Johnny Storm beating Math? Please.
    test
  8. gregrieke20

My biggest thing is Jack Shitt is not smarter than Young Ill. He thinks he is because he doesn't "talk about guns" or "drugs" and so forth, but he is not. Ill's verses are just as interesting to listen too.

Reed Dollaz was just as clever as Thesaurus.

Tech 9 is just as humorous as Rone (just in a different way).

GT guys are not smarter than URL guys.
    test
  9. gregrieke20

Shotgun Suge is a fucking idiot though.
    test
  10. MyBallsYourChin

Ill's second round against calicoe shows how intelligent he is. That opener was one of the most intricate set ups I've heard in battle rapping... period.
    test
  11. gregrieke20

Yea, this too.
    test
  12. MyBallsYourChin

Oh, one other thing that gets obnoxious here... People who deny what everyone at the event said because the footage says someone else won. Fact is, a battle is two different performances; one that's live, and another one that's recorded. Video doesn't give presence it's fair share on your vote, nor does it to crowd control, which are both important parts of battling. Controlling a crowd in some battles is the difference between a win and a loss, and presence is what makes some of these verses work as well as they do in person.

Two winners should be picked from every battle. 1 for the live battle, 1 for the recorded.
    test
  13. tyronehouston

Truth, but it still LEANED me.
    test
  14. tyronehouston

I agree with this, which is why people who thought Nocan beat Dizaster or Swave beat Dizaster weren't there live.

Dizaster can only truly be appreciated if you see him live because it looked like he easily beat Nocando at Grizzle and people on the board said live Dizaster killed Swave.
    test
  15. JimmyThaBrute

JimmyThaBrute New Member

um, this?
    test
  16. tyronehouston

Hold on, Jack Shit, said the only reason people like Yung Ill, Aye Verb, Math Hoffa, Cortez were so dope with there cadence, rapping flow, delivery, was because they focus so much on it and not writing personal bars against their opponent, and if he were to focus soley on cadence, rapping flow, delivery, that he would be just as dope....LMFAO!!!!

But what you say is truth, Most GT/KOTD rappers wish they could write as well as Yung Ill, Math Hoffa, Aye Verb, etc...
    test
  17. JimmyThaBrute

JimmyThaBrute New Member

I'm sure lots of GT heads have gangster friends too.
    test
  18. gregrieke20

Yea, but you didnt post the posts surrounding that post of mine. It was taken out of context. Fairly convenient.

I said the majority of URL dudes grew up in those environments (which is very true...Math:crown heights, Cortez:Bed Stuy, Reed:SW philly)...I mean even if they don't actually do these things, its only natural for them to talk about it. They're rapping about what they grew up around.

Just like Thesaurus maybe called people faggots in high/grade school he now does it in battles.

ITS THE SAME THING.
    test
  19. tyronehouston

Could be true, but i'm from Atlanta and you can't fake street, either you are or you aren't (white or black). By the way, i'm not street/hood and grew up in Stone Mountain which is virtually all black.
    test
  20. lizphair

lizphair Yippy Yippy

fucking ridiculous.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.