Grind Time Presents: Passwurdz vs Hollow Da Don

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by avocado, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azhotazice

azhotazice Active Member

I personally like Pass for bein a little more polished, his delivery is amazing..but he didnt seem invincible to me anymore after this battle. Hollow..hollow (Sigh)

I couldnt choose either.
    test
  2. Loe Pesci

Loe Pesci New Member

My sentiments exactly.
    test
  3. 360

360 裝褋褣裐裳裛裒袙

but dude its easy to pick what someone is going to say about you.. of course he was gonna mention how he ripped it shirt off, he'd be stupid not to.. and of course hollow had a rebuttle for it, cos he'd be stupid not to... it wasnt like he freestyled that line yo..

1st round i gave to pass, 2nd to hollow..

3rd i just got pass takin it, but fuckin close... almost to close,.

then pass for sure.. hollow is sick but that obama shit was kinda irrelevant

win = pass.. it was close as though..

fuckin awesome battle
    test
  4. jazegtnyvp

jazegtnyvp V.I.P. (BeastCoast NY)

He didn't have to. That was just some captain obvious ish.
    test
  5. 360

360 裝褋褣裐裳裛裒袙

i get ya but being the first to battle hollow since grizzle you'd be foolish not to clown him about that shit.. you can say something obvious but it hasto be worded right, and pass's line was delivered very on point.
    test
  6. Calibra

Calibra King of the Box

Atleast it was personal and not a random string of multis irrelevant to who he was battling... right?
    test
  7. jazegtnyvp

Personal in the backpacker fan sense. It's not a personally offensive insult... oh you ripped your shirt at Grizzlemania! Damn, that's some deep-rooted shit right there. Stop bitching about the WRC's while you're at it.
    test
  8. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

Hollow predicted that pass would have lines about his shirt, his jaw, and a few other things. the only one pass actually mentioned was the shirt and it was actually a pretty good line.. hollow mentioned his jaw repeatedly. both hollows 'your gonna say this' and pass's shirt line were solid lines. it doesnt take much to guess what your opponent is going to say to you... going 1/3 wasnt impressive, the thing that was impressive to me was that the way he wrote and presented the line was GREAT. it woulda been a totally diff story if pass said "hes gonna talk about a gs legend, and ps7, and space bitches!!!!" and then he did. prob going to edit this later to make my point more clear but bottom line hollows predictions in the beggining were great but didnt take away from what pass said to him because that was only a small percent of pass's content. for example if eleagle entered his next battle hes like "YEAH IM MAD HOMO BUT I GOT REBUTTLES SO IT ISNT GON WORK" that does not cancel jack shit out.
    test
  9. jazegtnyvp

I'm not sure which you do worse, MOD or analyze battles.
    test
  10. mapleleaf

lol ill edit you out my dude...gave a more realistic exmple. i know you straight jaze. u clearly just mad cuz i used you as an example. now take that back!
    test
  11. jazegtnyvp

There. That's better.
    test
  12. mapleleaf

makes sense tho?

i said i was gonna go back and edit that when i have more time. but the bottom line was i liked hollows predictions lines because they were GOOD and WELL WRITTEN but i do not believe that calling out a bunch of obvious shit and going 1/3 takes anything away from the one passwurdz line about hollows shirt, cuz that was a good line too.
    test
  13. jazegtnyvp

You have a valid point. Predictions don't necessarily tip the scale in ones favor entirely unless they are mad on point etc. I personally wouldn't count the shirt line or prediction as the deciding factor in the battle for me though.
    test
  14. mapleleaf

ya for sure. it definitely would have been a HUGE factor if pass had played heavily on the shirt tip, like if he had an entire round making fun of it or something.
    test
  15. jazegtnyvp

word up. it was at most a jab at one another.
    test
  16. Thoughts.

Thoughts. you know

i expected more in this battle, coz they are two of my favourites. still pretty dope regardless.

some of pass' long ass buildups to punchlines were annoying..and some of hollow's irrelevant as fuck freestyles that got props were wtf to me. like that shit about martians? what the hell?
    test
  17. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

That was one of the best segments I've seen on GT
    so creative and hilarious

Dude was just entertaining the crowd, simple as that.
    test
  18. marsblackmon23

marsblackmon23 Active Member

congratulations this battle now has over 100,000 views (101,279 views to be exact), that's great for two really ill mcs like passwurdz and hollow da don, this battle is still extremely dope too
    test
  19. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

I've watched it a couple more times cos it was dope as fuck and I still think Pass won, I understand that Hollow freestyled some of his shit and it was dope but the more you watch it the more Pass won.
    test
  20. wizworld

wizworld How can you be mad at me?

This is one of my favorite battles of the last few years.
    I just wish the last round was as good as the others.
    This joint put me on to Passwurdz, I went back and watched a lot of his previous stuff. I think Hollow got it because he had the all around more impressive performance, but I understand why some people think Passwurdz won.
    Both of them are among my favorites now.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.