Grind Time Presents: Okwerdz vs Arsonal

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Drect, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pavan

Pavan Active Member

This battle is so beautiful, GT is making history. Props to the staff and obviously the mc´s.

Man, Ok should have said the Tyler Durden line at the end of his third round or something. So fucking good, but a flawless performance anyway. I was really getting hype while he was spitting.

Ars did great in the first round, too bad he couldn´t keep it.

Now, who would be the top 5 against Lion Dens? Ok, Lock, Saurus, Pass and Illmac? Hope it really happens.

Hahaha, the WSHH comments are hilarious.
    test
  2. HarshZ

HarshZ no time for this bullshit

i think everyone was too busy watching ex-i's reaction to notice that one lmao

I did my first battle ever the other day at a king of the dot event and there was this one dude who judged for a few battles, but he reacted at like EVERY bar and by the 3rd battle he was funnier to watch than some of the battles happenin lmao

dude laughed so hard i think he fainted too at one point...
    test
  3. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

I wish Arsonal had gone after Ok more (no offense, homie, because you're that dude). It just became a pummeling at some points and I felt bad for Mr. Muscle Hoodie.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. Everybody Knows

Everybody Knows piss in tha basket

seeing this battle live was so sick. you couldnt hear half of what the emcees were saying from the stage that whole day but you could hear awk the whole way through. btw idk if plex ever goes on this forum but Reef triggerfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia there we go thats the humuhumunukunukuapua'a. the movie dont lie. awk vs diz or locksmith now please
    test
  5. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

EK, you gonna be at Grizzle?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Okwerdz

Okwerdz We have a The Saurus

hahaha @ "white club" "okbama" and "international plex" hhaha wow
    test
  7. Chamberfool

Chamberfool HAhahAHahaHAhahaHhaha

delicious rape?

haaaaaaaaaaa
    test
  8. Livestock One

Livestock One Member

I think that this Okwerdz vs Arsonal battle raises good points for battlers in all directions.

1) NY battlers in general talk too much shit about guns and fuckin your sister and cumming in your mama and that kind of shit. They are not so personal for the most part.

2) Cali battlers in general talk too much homophobic shit and like to get personal.

3) Toronto and Florida battlers just tend towards mediocrity all together and because of that they tend towards more rascist jokes and pure comedy.

I do take notice that the Cali-headz don't give a shit about gun-talk and that NY-headz don't give a shit so much about how personal someone gets. Toronto-headz sleep on everything and Floridian-headz are spaced-out, nerdy, and appear lost. Obviously a few stand out from each camp. I don't mean to outright dismiss TO and FL because there are dope battlers from both of those areas.

I don't really give a shit so I don't need maaafffffssss talking shit but this occured to me after watching this dope battle.

RESPECTS to the whole battle scene.
    test
  9. HarshZ

HarshZ no time for this bullshit

As insulting as some peopel coudl take that I think this post is very true.

except I don't think florida is as bad as ppl are making out... and even IF ppl are not liking florida they still deserve the respect based alone on the fact that if not for florida there probably wouldn't be a Grind time.
    test
  10. B whun

B whun 3 card molly wop

good battle<3
    test
  11. JackShitt

JackShitt New Member

Huge props to Okwerdz, to me personality, relevant content, and character assassination are the most important tools in a battle and Ok exhibited that perfectly with this performance.
    test
  12. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

test
  13. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

test
  14. realtalk101

realtalk101 Patriots>>>

okwerdz got served
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. Sensei Sounds

Sensei Sounds Certified Brappee

But you can't beat me with them Ronald McDonald boots.

North Highlands with the ice cream man in the background. That sucks you couldn't go 'cause there was room in the car I took. :/

Decent blog and you actually said a lot without repeating yourself.
    test
  16. realtalk101

realtalk101 Patriots>>>

arsonal gotta kno he lost
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. Chamberfool

Chamberfool HAhahAHahaHAhahaHhaha

Rex doing a 11 minute video to talk about how unimportant OK is is pretty telling.

congrats ok on a residual achievement hahahahahhaa

" you prolly read books all day"

nigga got the fuckin bar of expectations crazy LOW

my bad this was supposed to be in the other thread
    test
  18. CypherA

CypherA Member

That's the first battle I've watched in a damn long time. Okwerdz murdered it. I could do without all the yelling and shit, but it adds to the aggression. Dope shit. Arsonal came with way too many girlfriend/father/mother/sister disses, that shit is basically irrelevant to me.

I am not familiar with this whole Grind Time/Fight Klub shit, but from what I can gather GT is on the west and Fight Klub is on the east. So keep that shit coming.

Also, I think a capella battles allow for much more creativity and multi shit, but I still prefer instrumetals because it allows for more MC skills to be displayed(staying on beat and getting in rhythm), if that makes any sense. The a capella shit can tend to be dragged out with no real structure, sometimes that is. But when done properly it is sick, a la Illmaculate and Thesaurus.
    test
  19. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

GT originated in Florida and then moved to the north and then the west and then to the mid and north west.
    test
  20. Okwerdz

Okwerdz We have a The Saurus

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.