Grind Time Presents: Okwerdz vs Arsonal

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Drect, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvlLyrics

EvlLyrics New Member

Only thing I dont get. Why would okwerds volunteer to go first when his verse was obviously wrote to go second. All his lines about not remembering anything from arseonls verse etc... but arsonal didnt even spit yet. What was he thinking
    test
  2. jermzilla

jermzilla New Member

Yeah, but I can't figure out if he says "I only remember about 2 bars you said" or "I'll only remember"
    Doesn't really matter, though.
    test
  3. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

Because every Arsonal battle is 2 minute rounds for the most part, hence him saying it doesn't take any more talent to spit for 2 minutes and it's all filler etc. I agree it would have been better for him to go 2nd, but I think he just set the tone for the whole battle going 1st.
    test
  4. Shup Denzel

Shup Denzel dhalsim is a hoe nigga

um...did you know jaze is the one who wanted to battle Ok in cali? that Ok actually wanted it in neutral turf? cause you really sound like an idiot right now
    test
  5. Z. Spitwell

Z. Spitwell Well-Known Member

I think Ok was refferin to Arsonal's verses against Hollow on that part... could be wrong, but thats how I took it
    test
  6. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

i think he meant arsonal's verses in general...
    test
  7. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

Now that I think about it, what ville2ville said about Arsonal's shit being a giant misfire holds some weight. He obviously is capable of attuning his lyrics to an opponent, but I think he just assumed if he made his shit less about guns he'd get a better reception than he did.
    test
  8. ENAGEE

ENAGEE Henny Hero

Say whaaaaaa? I'm a stupid Yankee now. That hurt. I'm very intelligent.
    test
  9. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Personally I don't feel this was even close. The only round I would say was even debatable was maybe the first. I understand people want to stay respectful and whatnot, but I found Arsonal to be very average. Jaze Juce and EX-I were EASILY better competition for Okwerdz IMO.

I do think Ars is reasonably dope, but its as though he didn't realize the magnitude of this battle or something. I felt as though he treated it like it was just another opponent.

As most know and have stated, he had very few personals, but I just don't understand how that could have even happened; stupidity? arrogance that he was talented enough that he didn't have too? maybe just sheer laziness on doing research?

When you think about it nearly every single line of Ok's verses was true, I mean, the actual truth, and he used it in a way to create incredible insults. This is why he is amazing I believe, obviously he'll occasionally say fake things like, "I fucked your girl" "your mom's a whore" and so on, but he just raps about actual shit in the opponents life damn near the entire time, and even if its a positive thing, he'll spin it to create a negative. I believe he is leaps and bounds above nearly anyone else in the world in this regard.
    test
  10. Krown

Krown New Member

I agree completely...after watching this I was like "this is the dude that everyone was hyping up?" Prior to this battle I had seen that clip of Arsenal getting out of his car and dropping a verse and that was ill...but its like he didnt fully prepare for this or didnt take it seriously enough.

And some fight klub fans on worldstar are very stupid people, not that this needed to be said for the millionth time
    test
  11. Dx10

Dx10 New Member

I want to see a T-rex vs Okwerdz battle in the future.GT need to make this happen.hopefully in NY.peace
    test
  12. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

If that does happen, no doubt T-Rex will prepare a lot harder than Arsonal did. But I doubt Rex would accept the challenge after seeing what Okwerdz can do
    test
  13. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

WSHH comments make me smile.

Seriously, I've never seen such idiotic hate before.
    test
  14. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

Haha thanks SK, I was beginning to wonder if anyone even reads my posts. Seriously though, i'm pretty sure it's not Arsonal's talent or ability but moreso just a misfire (thats a perfect way of saying what I was trying to say btw). In a way it actually is a good look for Ars because he came completely out of his comfort zone rhyme wise for the first time in a hostile territory.

Ive said this before but I think some of you still don't realize that losing a battle is not always a bad thing. If it's a good battle (this was) BOTH people profit. If you don't think Arsonal's stock didn't skyrocket from this you're crazy. you can argue Iron pretty much destroyed Math in their battle. Not even a right hook put Math on the map, but that Iron battle which he lost made him a battle heavyweight.

Tantrum/ DFD will always benefit from their battle no matter who won, etc.

Point is, if you think Battle Rapper X doesn't want a piece of battle Rapper Y because he doesn't want to lose or is scared a loss will hurt his credibility you just don't understand basic ideas like exposure, reputation, credibility, and even fanservice. Now the argument as to wether or not labels even WANT battle rappers at all is still valid but that's for another time.

Another essay from ville2ville (seriously should I stop doing this?)
    test
  15. JS10K

JS10K New Member

I've actually thought about this same idea recently whether it could be a bad look for a rapper to lose a battle.

It seems to me that battles used to hold a lot more weight because they seemed so few and far between big clashes. I think leagues like Grind Time, KOTD, Don't Flop, etc. have made it less severe to take an L because if someone loses, they can still come back next event and redeem themselves. Not to mention, it's all out of the love for this shit, so the only thing at stake is pride and your record. Not money (most of the time) or record deals or a title. If you do well here, win or lose, people want to see you come back and they may even want to check out your music.

I've watched this multiple times now and I think Arsonal did great. He displayed a lot more versatility than I saw from him in FK. He underestimated Ok but his rhymes schemes were dope, a lot of his punches were clever, he switched up his style several times, his delivery was on point, he had some good freestyled lines. I was very impressed. If this was FK, he would be done but I think most people would want to see him back in another GT event.

On another note, I just checked the views at WSHH:

94,402 and 36,549

YouTube:

9,637 and 7,099

This is on it's way to being the most popular GT video ever!
    test
  16. judaman

judaman New Member

Lush is gonna have a tough time trying to top this battle at BOTB5, i don't think he can do it..

-my evil reverse psychology so I can see another classic battle (=
    test
  17. OWWWWW

OWWWWW New Member

even though people hate it from time to time....promos are a good look for this exact reason....
    test
  18. 360

360 裝褋褣裐裳裛裒袙

okwerdz was crazy impressive.. ate that dude

did arsenal say 'im a verbal catastrohpe' ??

loves his delivery on the brian peeples line..

okwerdz was pumped like he been watching rocky before he went to the battle
    test
  19. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

lol@ some of the tags
    International plex, okbama, white klub
    test
  20. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

one last thing

Watch Arsonal's 2nd round when he puts on the hat
    Dude behind him is playing sing-a-long