Grind Time Now's resurrection..

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j4remi4

j4remi4 Active Member

I haven't looked at every post but some suggestions...

Battles need to be shown quicker. I know I'm hype for some battles and then by the time the footage drops, I've completely forgotten it was even scheduled (this is for GT as a whole).

I think the lower tiers of GT are weaker than the lower tiers in other leagues.

I like the regions as teams concept (had to hit the reply with this idea as soon as I read it), but some regions just don't have enough depth and you'd see top tier emcees against completely overmatched opposition that they don't even need to put effort into. Rather than that, you should let teams assemble themselves and require emcees from multiple regions to be on each squad. Teams of 6, match-ups should be 4 one on ones and a 2 on 2. You'd be able to create more teams this way, home advantage isn't an issue and you could still have a team/playoff concept.

edit: Matter of fact, you should pick like 6 captains and 36 emcees, then have a draft. That'd make teams even and leave space to fit in different levels of emcees to allow more exposure to lesser knowns.
    test
  2. Haze305

Haze305 Flite Team Movement

I am going to say what no one is brave enough to say.

Lush you might as well do your own thing. I honestly do not know what Madd Illz and Drect bring to the table. Drect edits videos so perhaps he has some value but what about Illz?

I'm willing to bet that a lot of changes you might want to make will be challenged by Illz.
    test
  3. trichomes

trichomes 76

lush, im sure we are both aware that in order for something to be resurrected, it had to have died.

at what point would you say grind time now died?
    test
  4. trichomes

trichomes 76

spark the piece pipe ! bodied
    test
  5. TunK

TunK Active Member

I like the idea of a draft
    test
  6. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Charge people $100 bucks to tryout for GrindTime.
    test
  7. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

i REALLY like this guy.. fantastic well thought out and delivered points.

its a shame more of you arent on that level.
    test
  8. Derelict

Derelict my balls

since joining this board i've observed all the complaints everyone has had with gt and aside from the issues with slow release schedule/poor video quality i think the one thing wrong with the product you’re putting out now is that wins and losses mean nothing.

i’d say the reason kotd is winning right now, aside from their fast release schedule and impressive video quality, is because they have a champion and a title picture. this along with the 2v2 tourney makes for more compelling battles tbh. right now in grind time you got a championship but nothing has been done with it. right now there’s no ultimate goal or incentive to battling other than self-promotion and that gets old quick. a championship legitimizes the whole endeavour. kotd’s 2v2 tourney is entertaining because wins actually mean something... so maybe more tournaments are the answer? tournament formats that are spread over a couple of months would also force gt to release battles quickly so that there would be enough time to promote matchups for upcoming rounds without spoiling the results.

the 2v2 tourney at grizzlemania2 was one of the best things gt has done but in the end the mosh jelton/surgeon general title match didn’t happen. committing to having a real championship (singles, 2v2 whatever) would make battles better and would (hopefully) get all the gt presidents to collaborate and organize their shit resulting in a better product.
    test
  9. OhShitSon

OhShitSon Active Member

I disagree about the 2v2 tourney at Grizzle. The idea was fantastic....but doing the entire tourney in a weekend left us with extremely lackluster battles after the first round.
    test
  10. Met-A-Forikal

Met-A-Forikal Time, cunt!

I actually like the concept. Whenever a Draft event's being held at any GT event, make the emcees prove to you and fans how serious they are about battling by giving the league some money. It'll also serve to inspire most of these aspiring battler/emcees to spit better. Also, make no guarantees about uploading their videos too, because they might suck really badly after all.
    test
  11. teacozy

teacozy New Member

only thing about charging for GT tryouts is that the flooding of product and sheer number of battlers waters down the value/public perception of exclusivity of the company. This is why URL can, and SHOULD, charge $100 for tryouts.
    test
  12. Ness Lee

Ness Lee I'm kind of a big deal

my imput = simple

more organization. projected times/dates need to be held on an all around level. not just videos. and when they dont happen the fans/artists should be notified as to why

a lot of people are losing interest
    test
  13. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

Since I made this thread we'ev dropped SEVERAL top notch and highly anticipated battles at an exponentially improved frequency rate and more timely manner.. We have also made strides to re-improving our quality as well.. In addition to that we have introduced a new innovative format/arena and made HUGE moves that yall will see soon.. in addition to having several more big battles and surprises on deck we are unveiling for yall..

LUSH CARES

How ya like dem apples?
    test
  14. NO SIR E

NO SIR E Balrog's Barber

GTN 2.0 let's get it crackin.
    test
  15. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

it's dope as FuXCk keep up the good work
    test
  16. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

next just gotta save enough money to get a flipcam.

jp tho battle scene lookin real healthy right now
    test
  17. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

props don uno high times and thanks for the dopeness lately. now get that hollow vs diz battle finalized for mob lets gooooooooooo
    test
  18. Track 2

Track 2 Well-Known Member

what the fuck does drect and mad illz do?
    test
  19. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

Hope yall enjoy RD vs Moe as well as the rest of the DETROIT footage we got droppin soon..

::BIIIFFFF:: (ol skool batman punchin sound)

Track 2- Illz and Drect do a GANGA shit that yall just aren't aware of. Illz has incredible leadership and organizational skills that really help bring together such a large conglomerate of individuals and keep everyone focused on our overall goals. He has a very serious energy and sense of importance about him that Drect and I are too laid back to embody. He also is very professional when dealing with people on an industry level that you would have to witness first hand to appreciate. Trust me, he helps out quite a bit.. I know I seem like a stoner (lol) to people and Drect is hella laid back so Illz is compliments that very well. Drect works the closest hands on with every GM. He also assists EVERYBODY and is the go to guy to help solve any dispute, since he is so level headed. There are many HUGE battles that people like me and other top organizers would have never been able to set up without Drect, that includes the involvement of Arsonal & many other coveted names. In fact, he almost had a LOADED LUX battle set up recently but his price was beyond unreasonable due to retroactive mr. atla fibbing from 2009.. Drect also edits the lion's share of all the battles his damn self, which is a beyond daunting task for anyone who enjoys atleast SOME sunshine and pussy.

I really dont do that much, but I do love battles just like yall and ill do whatever I can to help bringin you that dope shit..
    and keep makin music/creating art cuz thats what I love to and was born to do..
    test
  20. RollWithEm

RollWithEm G.O.A.T.

I cannot think of a single other company whose CEO would break down this much real shit about his fellow CEO's and himself for the sake of his fans. Good looking out.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.