Grind Time Now Presents: TheSaurus vs Philly Swain (LARiot6)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Absyrd, Jun 17, 2011.

?

Who do you think won?

1. Saurus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Swain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thick Frog

Thick Frog New Member

Swain won this. Clearly.

Saurus is an impressive guy... and the freestyle was nice, but those lines COULD have been canned. Lush is right that he was pretty graceful in the way he recovered, but we cannot be sure if the lines he spit to bridge the choke were just other lines coming up that he had written for someone else. Again, its impressive either way, but it would be nice for Thesaurus to tell us. Id believe him whatever he said... and if he already weighed in on it somewhere, my bad. I dont have the time to read the entire thread or Lush One's other thread.

Also, Swain on his best day could NOT beat Thesaurus on his best day. This looked like Swain's best day. This was about 60% of Thesaurus by my scientific estimation.
    test
  2. sarakana

sarakana Well-Known Member

philly is slept on tbh..

oh and pete is a legend point blank...

and just for the record Pete has done this since half of you where lil guppies so in the end if he want to battle whoever for fun why not...hes doing what other rappers like him wont do ..and thats battle PERIOD..tbh
    test
  3. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

I feel ya (no homo) on that one; there was definitely no disrespect meant. I was just noting how flip-flop fans are these days. Seems like one or two losses and they all think someone fell off, not realizing that technically any battler can be beat (especially with a lack of preparation like this time).

You keep doing whatever you feel is best for you. I'll keep watching either way.
    test
  4. The Saurus

The Saurus Two Times of a lotta shit

no doubt, no disrespect taken at all, and I definitely get your point. I accepted years ago that some battle fans are fickle and flip-floppy and that the majority will let one mediocre performance override a full body of work somehow. I dont sweat it tho, shit's still fun for me and as long as thats the case I'll keep tryin to put on a good show. I honestly kinda like the challenge of one day prep, tho maybe 3 days is more ideal to actually have 3 solid rounds down and memorized
    test
  5. Deathscythe

Deathscythe 215

i have a lot of respect for you thesaurus, taking battles on 24 hours notice and doing it for the love of it and providing entertainment for us. good luck in the 2 on 2s.
    test
  6. Ray Den

Ray Den New Member

LOl this is the first black man Thesaurus has faced in Grindtime. Surprising trivia.

So, Phily Swain signed with Dre's son. And has since been on the grind getting his face back out there. That's cool

And he was like Im gonna spit my dre mixtape at you. See if the fans like it

tho he's successfully ducked black rappers he obliged. That's cool.
    test
  7. Green17

Green17 Chuck Norris Tripple O.G

respect to pete legend. its clear when u battle ur enjoying the shit even when swain was killing shit ur were laughing and reacting like a fan of good raps should do.

if i compare this to the url calicoe v k shine battle i watched, when dickheads like rex/mook over hype there reactions tryna sway the crowd like they cant tell difference between methaphors and real rap !!

co/sign sara kana swain is way underated in this battle arena, i wanna see him v dizaster, real deal, sonny bam give him a chance. plus his musics dope i cant work out to any other track than "they mad "

end of rant lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.