Grind Time Now Presents: TheSaurus vs Philly Swain (LARiot6)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Absyrd, Jun 17, 2011.

?

Who do you think won?

1. Saurus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Swain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eastcoastreppa

eastcoastreppa Well-Known Member

I think everybody knows that, Thesaurus is done and washed up!!!
    test
  2. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

philly dude whipping crews call that boy the roots.......... quotables for days
    test
  3. IKNOWALL

Rocking roll you for that blow fish I dont give a hoot

[​IMG]
    test
  4. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

um hardly this wasnt even a real battle more like a casual sparring match where a martial arts master fought unarmed with one hand behind his back against a swordsman

the swordsman had the saurus cornered ill admit and he knocked the saurus down but the saurus emerged unscathed and sparred with extreme poise and grace
    test
  5. PhillyKid215

PhillyKid215 New Member

Swain caught a bodyyyyyyyy
    test
  6. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

4real
    test
  7. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Your analogies are beautiful :'-)
    test
  8. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

i just bought that t shirt saurus is wearing like a month ago... swagger jacker... i bought the shoe that on the shirt to go with it as well
    test
  9. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

philly swain is just a bad rapper....... dude is just rhyming nonsense mixtape verses that werent hot to begin with... he throws in peter or thesaurus just to make it seem like hes talking about the guy hes facing... hes got more people fooled than jesus did
    test
  10. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

i'd rather hear 'mixtape verses' than whatever thesaurus was doing in the second round
    test
  11. Blanco_

Blanco_ Pacman GotTheGatMan

I hate that term "mixtape verses".
    test
  12. Papaddoc619

Papaddoc619 New Member

this post is so wrong on so many levels. swain is 1 of the best rappers in battling. he mention pete and thesarus very few times, and if 1/2 the shit he spit is on his mixtape then im buying it....easily
    test
  13. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Lol @ "Mixtape verses"

"Bad rapper"? Jesus.

Someone is mad Philly Swain beat The Sauras. That is all.

Ppl, everyone loses battles. It is something that just happens. We can all move on.
    test
  14. JesusOfRap

JesusOfRap DO SOMETHING FOOL

best tags i ever seen in my life, not one miss LOL
    test
  15. IKNOWALL

what? Put himself on the Radar? crazy But good looks on sponsoring this battle man
    test
  16. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

I watched this again and I actually do think swain won the third now. But I really wish someone would type out swains verses in text so you guys can realize how terrible most of it is. He did spit long rounds which gave him more time to get out good lines (which he did have some Im not fronting) but no exaggeration probably about

40-50% were bad
    51-93% were acceptable filler
    and 7% were hot

hes a hell of a performer, but you guys really think he had bars in this? cmon now

forget who won. Im not even arguing for saurus, I am more surprised at how high you guys are holding your view of swain after this.

I am arguing for you guys to objectively look at swains bars and be honest with yourselves. Hes a great performer who spits a lot of hot trash and gets a pass on it because of his performing abilities, at least admit that.
    test
  17. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

Swain did actually use verses from one of his mix-tapes against Ness Lee tbh.

That said, he DID beat Thesaurus.

Pete, you should really start being tactful on accepting matches. Yes, you are that dude, but your style is more directly at your opponent lyrics generally. Short notice against cats who use a more general approach is a huge handicap for you to over-come.

Essentially, you're killing your stock value b.
    test
  18. The Saurus

The Saurus Two Times of a lotta shit

I did it for fun and I did it as a favor to my homies throwing the event and to RM who helped sponsor it. Im really not concerned with how taking a battle on a day's notice with anybody effects my "stock" tbham. Wins and losses in promo battles are the least of my concerns in life. It wouldve been nice to win but shit like that doesnt make or break me.
    Also, this is only the 2nd battle Ive ever taken on one days notice, the first of which was vs Mac Lethal and I dnt think the outcome of that had a negative effect on my stock.
    its all good man. i do it cause i enjoy it, and I enjoy a challenge. I do things that keep me interested
    test
  19. JerzisGod

JerzisGod Wavy Jones

thesaurus bro u see this girl her face got shit on [​IMG]
    test
  20. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

Fuzzy: I agree, they are just saying that his lyrics were super dope cuz its the general consensus so it feels right...if they would type them or just listen to them without considering his dope presence his lyrics are really average.

and yeah guys im sorry that I was biased at first, what the fuck am i supposed to do to redeem myself to my fellow internetfreaks? Just kidding....keep it coming

PS. SWAIN'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.