Grind Time Now Presents: PH vs Dirt

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Jimi Hillside, Jun 11, 2011.

?

who won this battle?

1. Dirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

Yeah im gonna say it once again...I was rooting fo Dirt before the Jonny storm battle and even asked him prior to that if he was gonna switch it up since I thought hes performances are gonna get stale and boring if he keeps on repeating the same style, multi multi multi, monotony-punhline thing hes doing...however Dirt said something like "you think im gonna show everyone what im capable of before even getting top-tier compeition, ive got lots of tricks up my sleeve" (not a direct quote hehe). So Im asking myself was any of it true? It doesnt seem like it since hes battles are exactly the same and he hasnt switched up his flow one bit and im getting bored...exactly as I thought I would get if he didnt improve!

As far as PH...Ive always had a slight problem with dude, i think hes pretty dope as far as rapping ability, voice n all that shit BUT I dont really like his lyrics that much...but it doesnt matter in this particular case since PH was overpowering to Dirts monotonous-punchline flow. Yeah sure im guessing you have been arguing about who won and if PH's dope flow but rather boring lyrics are enough to take ou Dirts mediocre performance but good writing skills...oooooooooooooooooor?

anyway....im gonna vote PH. Infact this is my favourite PH performance.
    test
  2. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

Tech n9ne is one of the best rappers and so is Eminem

Name all the people who can actually "rap" better than them. Have you heard what Tech can do on a beat. And has one of the best stage shows ever
    test
  3. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

"Rap" better than them? You mean skill wise? Tonedeff is far more talented that both of them, but he's a bum so who really cares. So can Pharoahe Monch. Who really cares about who raps better than who? I just artists based on their songs not how "good" they rap. Based on that

3 Stacks
    Black Thought
    Nas (IMO the GOAT)
    Jay
    Big
    KRS-One
    Scarface
    Pun

>>>>> Em & Tech. Em could've been the best but he's been releasing garbage for almost the last ten years (although I haven't checked out the Bad Meets Evil EP so IDK).

Anyones good job distracting me from my point. The point is, if you think multi multi multi means good lyricism, you probably think Em and Tech N9ne are the greatest rappers ever and someone like KRS or Chuck-D is trash. To me someone that uses multis the way Dirt does is plain boring. I don't think Dirt had better bars at all just cause he was rhyming five syllables for six bars or whatever; half the wanna be rappers on this board can do that about as well. Hard hitting bars that actually make me feel something >>>> that multi crap.
    test
  4. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

could u beat dirt?
    test
  5. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

If all you hear from Em and Tech is multi multi multi than either you are a hater, not listening.

And with Dirt I think you guys harp on the fact he's a multi type rapper and forget to actually listen to how he uses the multis and what he says with the multis The kids got bars.
    test
  6. deezenutsbiatch

deezenutsbiatch New Member

he probablly could....in ny
    test
  7. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

:funny: Way to miss my point brosef.

It's not about what I hear, it's about the fact that most fans of Em and Tech have a huge fetish for multis.

And for Dirt...post said bars. Besides the gun rhyme thing he did I've never heard a good bar from him. In fact, I barely remember anything he said from this battle.
    test
  8. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

"But in cases of fitness, Pumpkin's just chasin a bitch that's runnin,
    Cuz your dating consists of something like raping a chick in public.
    Or Sedating her drink with drugs to make her equipped to stomach,
    the face of a midget stuffed in the shape of a chicken nugget. "

If you can't see that Dirt's use of multi's is more intricate and focused than the majority of people who rock multi's then you're honestly not paying attention.
    That's not to say that you HAVE to like his style, but you do have to give credit where credit is due.
    test
  9. deezenutsbiatch

thats 28 multisylables and none of em were forced
    test
  10. radiosurgery

radiosurgery New Member

You really think Recovery is trash? I agree that the two before that (relapse and whatever else) were true trash but Recovery is fire.

Just a point on the multi's, having a "fetish for multi's" in my opinion is a dumb way to put it. Well written, relevant multi's (not just rapping words that rhyme just for the fact that they rhyme) is, again in my opinion, the paramount of a skill as a writer. If we are talking purely lyrics, multi's shows a ton of skill to be able to have schemes and punches that rhyme more than a single syllable. You've never heard a good quote from dirt? Have you listened to his 3rd round vs. Godzilla? He painted a picture with his words, that's the true definition of an MC in my opinion. His battles with Godzilla and Daestro are FULL of quotables And even from this battle:

"Rheteric and Mike Flames ain't seen the cash that you offered
    Same with Real Deal, when they started askin you faltered,
    Like I got you next week, every week, that make the actions of bosses
    More like a fuckin fiend who tried to flip a package and lost it"

That's fucking fire. A scheme rhyming 5 syllables per line, extremely relevant to his bars, personal as fuck, and with a clever punchline that wraps it all up concisely. IMO the whole 2nd verse going off this rhyme scheme was filthy. If you're hating on multi's just because they're multi's you aren't listening hard enough.
    test
  11. JBCizzle

JBCizzle Fighting White Lightning

lol I wish that more posters on this website made this much sense instead of the obnoxious trolls that normally flood the boards here.
    test
  12. radiosurgery

radiosurgery New Member

Another one with tons of non-forced multi's:

"Cause most know when they run is done well he didn't
    but you know if you're been tunin in once a month now P's finished
    Please quit it with the dump the pump and cheap gimicks
    You bring the phrase "bump ya gums" to peak limits
    you a fruit, pumpkin come with seeds in it
    So I had to serve this bum with lumps like free clinics"

Honestly, if you don't think that's hot I don't know what to tell you. I understand that you think PH won and that's fine because it's your opinion, but again, non forced multi's, relevant, punchlines, personals, it's all there. That's BARS my dude.
    test
  13. deezenutsbiatch

kool g rap is trash, cause he uses multis. what a fuckin nerd
    test
  14. radiosurgery

radiosurgery New Member

Sorry to go on a posting spree y'all, but if you read those quotes, just those quotes alone which don't include other intricate rhyme patterns Dirt had in the battle, and still say PH's bars were more complex, you're out of your mind. Not to take anything away from PH as a battler, he has his style and that's cool because he kills it for that type of battling, but just content wise taking into account rhyme schemes, patterns and complexity, not to mention in my opinion the punches, that bodies what PH did, content wise. I just cannot fathom people who are fans of hip hop not thinking those quotes are filthy. Show love to your boy PH because I'm all for showing your favorite battle rappers love because that's what makes this shit go round, but hating on Dirt because "all he has is multi's" is among the dumbest things I've ever heard any fan of hip hop say.
    test
  15. thaRealFlamez

thaRealFlamez Member

i like alot of these posts. tha pro and con. i feel like this...if it were a writing contest, dirt got it...but its a rap battle, which writing is jus 1 thing....ph got it, imo.
    test
  16. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cosign
    test
  17. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

when you can use tons of multies to express a point that is 100% coherent thats mad talent most these thug street wannabe niggas wish they had

step ya bars up hatin ass niggas
    test
  18. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Fucking goooooone @ the intro. Omg, classic.

Will edit with battle thoughts.
    test
  19. deezenutsbiatch

drew when can i see u in a text battle... i got bars... like jungle gyms
    test
  20. deezenutsbiatch

ill mop the floor with dirt....janita (i spelled it wrong so the ny crowd would be more accepting to the bar, and can picture it comming out of ph's small toothed mouth)

the correct word would of been janitor
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.