Griffey - hall of fame or what could of been ?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Final Chapta, Apr 5, 2006.

?

Hall of Fame Material ?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

no they arent...he didnt even crack 2500 hits

his numbers are basically the same as Wally Joyner, Keith Hernandez, Bill Buckner and John Olerud

If Keith Hernandez isn't in then Mark Grace sure as hell aint making it...Hernandez won 11 straight gold gloves and won an MVP

Dawson isn't a hall of famer yet..Jim Rice has name recognition and he isn't in and he has the numbers to get in...If Grace does by some chance make it in then he wont be getting in until his time is about up. Look at Tony Perez, he had solid numbers, played with the Big Red Machine, won some rings and didn't get in until like his 10th try..First Base I guess you could say it takes more to get in.
    test
  2. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Didn't he play on the 2001 Diamondbacks team? Regardless he was a solid player but definitely not HOF worthy. Oh and Dawson isn't in the HOF either, he has a better case than Grace does though.
    test
  3. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

if jim rice aint in...mark grace shouldn't get in
    test
  4. Nfamou§tylez

Nfamou§tylez M O N S T A R R

my grandmother couldve told you that, duuuuhhh
    test
  5. double ML

double ML Guest

your grandmother shoulda been an abortion
    test
  6. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

aiight. so i had some facts wrong. my bad.

for whatever reason i thought dawson was in ..

and yes .. some people have better stats, im just bringing it up for conversation. ya know.

and yeah, i guess gracie does have a ring. but it wasnt a huge part in it .. throught the season - like he brought to the cubs year after year - type of impact. if you dig what im saying. either way he has it - and either way im rambling. lol

Chap.
    test
  7. young J

young J that nigga.

are you fuckin serious? .. Griffey definatley never took Steriods. He's been the same size his whole career.

Definatley a Hall of Famer even after his 2 seasons plagued by injuries ..he was amazing in the WBC plenty of Gold Gloves and just passed Micky Mantle for like #11 on the all-time most homerun list.

he still has a good 5 seasons left untill he's through ..and in this time in baseball accomplishing all that without taking steriods is a definate spot in the HOF.
    test
  8. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

I agree that I don't think he took steroids but you can never be absolutely 100% sure he didn't.
    test
  9. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

please.

his numbers before turning 30 were first ballot worthy.
    test
  10. Nfamou§tylez

Nfamou§tylez M O N S T A R R

you pussy, no no.. should i say, straaaiiiight PUSSSYYY
    test
  11. double ML

double ML Guest

verb- in all seriousness: i would fuckin' merc your skinny ass.
    test
  12. NinoBrowN15

NinoBrowN15 the 100 million man

griffey can still do the shit he used 2 jus not on a regular basis.............his seattle years alone get him in the HOF...........and dat super nintendo game too lol
    test
  13. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

god damn..shut the fuck up and go back to the alley with your stupid bullshit.

this is one of the few enjoyable forums left that has yet to be soiled by you two fucking imbeciles.
    test
  14. double ML

double ML Guest

dex- in all seriousness: i would merc your skinny ass.
    test
  15. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Griffey was a fuckin twig like Bonds when he came in the league.

Griffey might not be huge, but there are different types of steroids. Bonds took the HGH also. Perhaps Griffey just stuck with the 'heal faster' shit.

You don't know.

Hell none of the people caught so far besides Raffy and Giambi (who admitted to usage before getting caught) looked huge. A couple guys who were caught were little men.
    test
  16. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Canseco was huge though..He looks like a pro wrestler in some older photos. But yeah so far Canseco is the only big one out of those who have admitted or been caught. Joyner or Camniti werent big guys either and pretty much all those people who tested positive last year were small guys like alex sanchez who are what 5'7 160..

If Griffey used anything it was prolly supplements and crap. Nothing like Canseco, Bonds or McGwire..I think a lot of Griffeys injuries later on were brought on by his style of play in the outfield, and all that caught up with him. if you notice now he isn't as wreckless in the outfield
    test
  17. Final Chapta

griffey plays in right and left center are fuckin classic.
    test
  18. double ML

double ML Guest

yeah. i think griffey crashin' into the outfield wall again & again caused those injuries. not steriod use.
    test
  19. Final Chapta

dude went deep again .. against the cubs

killin me
    test
  20. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

Dude, I think he won one with the D-Backs...1st basemen right??

But Griffey is definitely hall of fame bound...he got the homeruns worthy of hall of fame recognition without the size of a usual slugger so that should swing his was a whole lot....

*Neesch*
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.