Greatest Wrestler Of The 00s

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by i Luv Da Cock, Feb 23, 2007.

?

Greatest Wrestler Of the 00s

1. Samoa Joe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. AJ Styles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kurt Angle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Triple H

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jeff Jarret

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. John Cena

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Shelton Benjamin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i Luv Da Cock

i Luv Da Cock TRU "GINGER" KID

I saw a Greatest Wrestler of the 90s thread, well here is THIS decades.
    test
  2. ChopStick

ChopStick me killa me killa

in terms of merch? the obvious.. dx - john cena

in terms of just good in the ring - jeff jarret - triple h i dont care if you like either, but jarret and triple h ALWAYS getting it done.
    test
  3. ChopStick

edit.. add shawn michaels.

up next: samoa joe.
    test
  4. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Triple H, in terms of both match quality and being a draw. Just like Austin being the best in the '00s, it seems like a pretty obvious answer. He carried the company in '00 and was great in '01 until he got injured. '02 and '03, not so much. Once he started Evolution though, he wa good again. And he MADE Batista, whether he deserved it or not.
    Angle would be second, mostly for '00-'04, maybe '05. In the last year and a half or so, he's been a shell of his former self. Joe's only been really good since '04 or '05 when he got his big ROH run, so he can't really be the best of the decade so far yet. I really don't know what Shelton's done to deserve consideration. He's had a few big spots and maybe a few good matches, but that's it. Brock Lesnar is much more deserving of a spot than Shelton. Actually, if you're going for match quality alone, either Bryan Danielson or CM Punk are more deserving than Shelton too. The only Shelton singles matches I even remember are the one against HHH on Raw and one or two against Michaels.
    Jarrett never did it for me, he always seemed like he only ever got a main event spot because he was friends with the booker and there was no one left to push or he was the son of the owner. He's good, but not great, so it's obvious when he's being overpushed. That's the difference between him and HHH. When HHH is overpushed, it's less irritating, unless he's half-assing it like '02 and '03.
    Cena, Joe, and AJ might have a case by the end of the decade, but not now. Cena only really emerged as a main eventer and a really good worker in like '05. Styles or Joe might take this if TNA gets bigger and he keeps up the match quality. Styles pretty much carried TNA in the early years. Joe carried ROH for over a year as champ and has done a lot for TNA since showing up there too. I still think guys like Joe and AJ will be more imprtant for TNA growing than Angle or Sting.
    test
  5. i Luv Da Cock

Brock Lesnar was never that great

Shelton at least had great matches

plus he was the longest reigning intercontinental champion

king of the mid card
    test
  6. abztrakt

Brock had more great matches in his two years than Shelton has had in his entire WWE run. Brock has the Eddie match where he dropped the title, Angle at Wrestlemania, and vs. Undertaker in Hell in a Cell among others. Shelton's only had one really great MATCH and a bunch of memorable spots. If he's one of the best wrestlers in the '00s, then Jack Evans must be one of the best wrestlers alive today.
    test
  7. abztrakt

Also, if we're gonna go strictly on match quality, how has Benoit not been on this poll or the other poll? The guy's as good as Malenko, better than Benjamin, and he's actually gotten over while neither of the other two ever really have.
    test
  8. ChopStick

benoit fell off long ago. wcw benoit > wwe benoit

even if he were good in 00,01,02,03,

04 05 06 hes been boring
    test
  9. ChopStick

and i chuckle at you not putting jeff jarret
    test
  10. abztrakt

Benoit was still good in '04 during his title run. He did fall off after about '05, but everyone in the poll has had bad years.
    I mentioned Jarrett, if you were talking about my reply. I said he's good, he's just not main event material and only got where he is because of who he knows and is related to. I really don't think he should be mentioned in discussion for the greatest anything, other than "overpushed sons of promoters" (he is much better than Greg Gagne and Erik Watts and probably better than some of the Von Erichs) and "WCW champions post-2000 (below Booker and Nash, but well above David Arquette and Vince Russo).
    test
  11. ChopStick

nope, you just dont like jarret. the guy always gets it done. he also has some of the best mic skills in wrestling

hes been on fire since he joined wcw.
    test
  12. abztrakt

I don't dislike Jarrett, he's fine in the midcard, he just gets more annoying the more he's overexposed. At that point, he goes from being unlikeable in a "boo, he's a heel" way to the point that I don't like to watch Impact when he's all over it. Watch the end of the King of the Mountain match where Jarrett won the title from Christian. That wasn't a crowd booing a heel winning. That was a crowd turning on the ending because they were sick of Jarrett. He's better now than he was in '97 when they tried to put him in the Horsemen, but he's still not "the guy" and TNA shouldn't treat him like he is.
    test
  13. i Luv Da Cock

This goes against what you said about Triple H.

So u just shitting all over urself
    test
  14. i Luv Da Cock

yes.
    test
  15. abztrakt

No.

Triple H is believeable in the main event and doesn't get nearly as old when he's pushed hard. Jarrett belongs in the mid/upper-midcard. Triple H belongs in the main event.
    test
  16. ChopStick

there's no reason triple h belongs in the mainevent and jarret doesnt.. why because triple h is bigger? ive always thought jarrets height is why people say he looks like a midcarder he's only like 5'10 and he's really built.. but he doesnt have that i shoot up on steroids like crazy body (triple h)

5'10 240ish

6'4 270ish

only difference between the two.
    test
  17. ChopStick

and if you want more proof, look at how shitty tna's mainevent has been since jarret left.

joe vs angle was the only good thing.. and that last for ONE ppv. the other two werent that interesting. steiner vs angle looks good, but isnt the mainevent
    test
  18. abztrakt

It's not just muscle (Triple H doesn't look all that roided any more, he looks a lot more normal) or height, because Shawn Michaels is probably smaller than Jarrett and he's a legit main event guy. Triple H is more believable as a main eventer in every way. He comes across as being tougher, smarter, a better wrestler. Jarrett just comes across as a guy with a guitar who is all over the TV show and wins matches because people run in for him. Jarrett also doesn't really draw legitimate heel heat. He gets a combination of the "oh, HIM again" groan, "this is boring", and eventually just either apathy or annoyance. Triple H gets real heel heat because the fans actually care what he does. That's why they were able to eventually turn him face. Jarrett could probably never really turn face because they could never mistake the fans throwing garbage in the ring or chanting "shut the fuck up" as a face reaction. Especially since he's not really believeable winning matches with 20 run-ins, so him winning matches overcoming adversity, especially in the way that Jarrett tends to overbook himself, will be even less believable. Triple H being in a main event gives it the big match feel (with or without rising throne and Conan the Barbarian outfit). Jarrett in a main event seems like it's the last match on the card and the important matches were earlier.

Also, it's ironic that you keep misspelling the name of a guy whose gimmick for a while was spelling his name.
    J-A-Double R-E-Double T.
    test
  19. johhny 5

johhny 5 Da New Kid On Da Block

test
  20. ChopStick

Jeff Jarret is spelled jarret.. even on tv. and he's still better than triple h
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.