Greatest fighter of all times, i dare you to prove me wrong

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Swaggatron, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Saying that Saurus is the OG of the rap battle shit of this age is like saying the San Antonio Spurs are the face of basketball this century
    test
  2. reznick

reznick New Member

Damnit I got in this post too late but but whatever.

If any of you think that there is one boxer in the entire history of fighting that could beat Muhammad Ali, you are wrong. There is nobody who could have beaten Ali in his prime. If you take Ali on the night of the Cleveland Williams fight, there is not a fighter on their best day who would get the better of him. No matter how much you credit him for his speed and movement, we all underrate it. A HEAVYWEIGHT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO MOVE LIKE THAT.

Now Rocky was a very great fighter. He makes it at #5 on my top 5 list of heavyweights.

There is only two heavyweights in the history of boxing who would give Ali a run for him money. Only Rocky Marciano and Jack Johnson would have a slight chance at beating him. We all know how effective Frazier's swarm style was against Ali. Rocky would have been just as tough against Ali, except Rocky utilized his jab, and he would never get tired. Frazier had very good stamina, but Rocky was punching his opponents like every 5 seconds in the 15th round. Jack Johnson would have been just as tough of an opponent for Ali. Ali has never met someone in the ring who could match wits with him in terms of boxing intelligence. Only Jack Johnson would have had that ability. Jack Johnson is the only fighter I know who matched Ali's reflexes and timing. His footwork was tremendous, and only clues of how good it was exists today in footage. He has the best right uppercut in the history of boxing, and his jab was impossible to see coming in his prime. Not to mention he was an expert at catching jabs with his gloves and countering with straights. This would have frustrated Ali.

Joe Louis in my opinion is the 3rd greatest fighter to ever live. His footwork and lack of balance would have been a disaster had he fought Johnson or Ali in their prime.

Ali beat Foreman when Ali was about 33 years old. Forman was in his prime. Forman quit boxing for ten years and regained the belt after a devastating loss to Ali. Many are lead to believe that had Ali not returned to the ring, or had he never met Foreman in the ring, that Foreman would have held the belt until he was 45. He would have been regarded as the best boxer ever. The fact that Ali beat that man is still a miracle today. Ali was not a loser...and he would have not lost against Rocky.
    test
  3. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

Oh no, wait nevermind my bad I misread your post. I thought you said he BEAT the people you listed, not that he is better than them. And yes, he is better than those people you listed lb for lb without a doubt. There are better people to compare him with though.

Anyway, I think Igor Vovchanchyn was the best fighter ever for his time. But the same can be said of Mauricio Rua (though his 'time' might not be over), Kazushi Sakuraba, Wanderlei Silva, and Ricardo Arona.
    test
  4. reznick

reznick New Member

I agree with everything you said except for this, and Bruce Lee. Im just uneducated about Bruce Lee and have no clue, but the Marciano Louis fight everyone knows means nothing to Joe's legacy.

Louis was not even a real boxer at that point. He was trying to make money after the American Government raped him up the ass and ruined his whole fucking life. (Louis would box in front of soldiers and would donate all his boxing purses to the army. The govt would later say that Louis never properly claimed the money before donating it, and basically says he still had to pay taxes for it. They fucked him over for donating his time and money to the army).

However Joe did say that swarmer's gave him the toughest time. I think a Marciano Louis prime fight would be one of the greatest fights ever.
    test
  5. reznick

reznick New Member

and please stop with this mma talk, were discussing legends here.
    test
  6. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

Fedor is an overweight LHW, and not even a big one at that. He has constantly beaten people bigger than him and more skilled in certain areas i.e. kick boxing, jiu jitsu etc.

He's the greatest MMA fighter of all time, period. Although he has lost the motivation apparently. He hasn't trained at full intensity since Pride and he's still beaten Sylvia and Arlovski who were top 5 at the time.

I think if GSP and Silva continue their domination they will surpass him because overall in their career they will have consistently faced the best (up and comers and established fighters).
    test
  7. AnyMeans

AnyMeans New Member

Fedor was good, but come on man he is far from technical. Did you see those looping punches against Rogers? I always liked Fedor though, but I'll admit his stand-up doesn't really have much more then punching power. I don't even know if he could beat Brock Lesnar anymore after his last showing.

Rocky Marciano was a good fighter for his time, and an all around tough guy. But nobody who follows boxing would name him as the best, and very few would even throw him in the top 5.
    test
  8. ThinkICare

ThinkICare New Member

The reason Fedor isn't in the UFC is because he hates them. He wanted Dana White to help him out with Fedor's M-1 shit which was a huge stretch, so he didn't agree to it. Fedor's looked like the scared one.
    test
  9. DIZASTER

DIZASTER New Member

test
  10. ICE'ALINO

ICE'ALINO New Member

lol nice clip...wats the name of this movie? i need to watch it immediately.....i dunno wats more incredible, him breakin all those guys bones or the fact that not 1 of those guys had a pistol...i still think bruce in his prime would get the best of him
    test
  11. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I'm usually pretty level-headed, and don't get all "internet angry" about things on this board, but why does this Swaggatron faggot consistently create threads that have absolutely nothing to do with battling, battlers, or hip-hop? I thought doing that on a regular basis (which he certainly does) got you banned or some shit.

Furthermore while I couldn't weigh in on his "best soccer player on the planet" thread, (because I could give a fuck about soccer and don't have a vagina, thus I prefer football) boxing and its history (particularly the heavyweight division) is one of my favorite topics to study and discuss. And the fact that this faggot seems to think Marciano ever fought Ali, takes away any credibility he has to say about anything ever.
    test
  12. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

the protector is the name of the movie.

btw dizaster, tony jaa isn't world anything champ. the guy is a gymnast/stuntman that trains in movie muay thai and that's it. he doesn't fight in real life and hasn't won anything.

i can kill 300 people in a movie if that's the script.

unless this was a joke.
    test
  13. ... n.f ...

... n.f ... Give me your money

Hands down, LYTO MACHIDA ALL DAY
    test
  14. DIZASTER

DIZASTER New Member

i was jokin but it would be dope if he can do all that in real life,...fuck a mma fight

my favorite 2 fighters right now are mirco cro cop, and fedor.
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

oh god, another fedor thread...

just go join the massive nut hugging fan club and call it a day, your not pushing the envelope with this opinion...lmao

anderson silva>>
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

ha.

Not sure why this was moved here, but it's cute to watch the majority of aeh people discuss combat sports.
    test
  17. reznick

reznick New Member

Yea some of these guys dont have a clue what theyre talkin bout. But you gotta admit I laid down the truth for these cats.
    test
  18. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

indeed.

enjoyed the johnson-ali analysis.
    test
  19. reznick

reznick New Member

no doubt.

Ali said his toughest opponents would have been Johnson & Rock.

His synopsis of the fight if it happened is a lot greater then mine, ill try to find it on youtube...
    test
  20. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Ditto.

Reznick seems to know his shit though...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.