Greatest fighter of all times, i dare you to prove me wrong

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Swaggatron, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. check won

check won New Member

WHAT!?!?!?!?

are you on crack... marciano and Ali never faught....

anyways... fedor was never in the ufc which has proven to be the superior league... i still think hes the best heavyweight... but honestly thats like saying shaq or wilt chamberland is the best basketball player ever...just because they were dominant... but honestly the smaller guys are more skilled...

i think anderson silva is the best fighter in the world... and i think bj penn could beat anyone for one round before he gets gassed... and lets face it... a real fight doesnt have rounds
    test
  2. Swaggatron

Swaggatron Fuck AutotuneBots

test
  3. Swaggatron

Swaggatron Fuck AutotuneBots

@Opus

correction, the most misunderstood on this board..
    test
  4. Caustic

Caustic H.ated N.ow I.n C.anada

i thought i just explained the whole ali/brockton bomber situation.

the only person to even come close to beating marciano was roland la starza. rocco won by split decision in a 10 round fight (most of marcianos were 15). after that fight noone made it past 5 rounds with him.

marchegiano was also a champion bareknuckle boxer so dont bring up maymeather. theres only one GOAT and this dude was it. no question.
    test
  5. mellance

mellance New Member

No, its because M1 Global wanted to co-promote with Zuffa, and why in the fuck would Zuffa even consider allowing that?, its a 100% lose situation for Zuffa they would gain jackshit, they even went as far as allowing Fedor to carry m1 logos on all his gear and stuff but at co.promotion they put the foot down and said NO
    test
  6. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

M1 is the motherfucking russian mob man... they get what they want. you want the best fighter in the world, you give up that bread. dana white didnt want to pay out when he had the lesnar cow to milk.. now he doesnt... it all boils down to money.
    test
  7. opus

opus Member

it's also cause he fought noone. Marciano wouldn't scratch the top 10. you people are insane.
    test
  8. check won

check won New Member

thats a joke... who did he beat... and were they in their prime...

a record is not as important as who youve beaten and if you lost, how did you respond...

not to mention you r incorrect about nobody after starza making it past five rounds with him... he won hella decisions and never really dominated his good oponents for an entire fight... often getting knocked down early... if anything he had more heart then most for winning fights he was losing by knocking guys out... but Ali never got beat up during a fight until Holmes when he was already old and brain damaged... Tyson would have knocked marcianos head off... the only proof i need is that marciano got knocked down multiple times early in fights... which proves he left himself open to power punches, and nobody is getting up from tyson's power punches... hell, Lewis and Walcott would have smashed Marciano if they were in their prime... soooooo many heavyweights were better then rocky...
    test
  9. Caustic

you guys are so obsessed with status. marciano opened the door for greats and helped maked boxing what it is today. saying marciano wouldnt scratch the top ten is just downright ignorant. even ali acknowledged him as the greatest fighter in history.

reguardless of the fame of his opponents (which is the GAYEST argument ever) he beat 49 people consecutively 43 of which he knocked out.. pretty fucking amazing considering he was fighting in a generation that made it through the depression. the toughest people our country produced.

as opposed to the mcdonalds generation we have today where fighters take a minimum of 8 months between fights. in the beginning of his career ya boy rock was fighting every one to two weeks... modern day fighters are sissies by comparison.
    test
  10. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

YouTube - Joe Louis was 137 yrs old

Everytime we start talking about boxing, a white person gotta pull rocky Marciano out they ass

that's they one

rocky Marciano, rocky Marciano

let me tell you something ... Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to joe louis, rocky Marciano aint shit
    test
  11. Caustic

i stand corrected, it was before starza noone stood with him before 5.

and yeah i guess in todays "standards" and with the sweet science in affect Roc is a little outdated, but as champion for his time and rate of fighting as often as he did and the fact that he was willing to do it without gloves.. and the gloves they used back then might as well have been filled with sand..

in my mind, as a person and as a champion his marks makes him greater than just about everyone today.

noone will deny that ali was the smartest

tyson hit the hardest (i dunno tho, foreman used to crush shit)

but as you said when it comes to heart (which to me is the greatest quality, also why i like pac so much) noones got it over marciano

edit: lmfao @ that video..
    test
  12. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

13 fights in 1949
    6 in 1950
    7 in 1951
    5 in 1952 *world title*
    2 in 1953
    2 in 1954
    2 in 1955
    test
  13. Caustic

[youtube]Fs84H3AD-1k[/youtube]
    test
  14. marsblackmon23

marsblackmon23 Active Member

lollll aak you read my mind and shit, when i clicked on the thread i saw kid caustic's quote about marciano then straight away the best movie off all time (try to argue that shit) popped into my head with the barbershop scene, scroll down a bit more and what do i see...those very same classic quotables
    test
  15. Caustic

hahaha i love you fuckin guys.

and yeah sports wise white people dont have shit anymore so let us have marciano ok?
    test
  16. opus

opus Member

GTFO. like RA the Rugged Man pointed out in his dismantling of Mayweather, Ricardo Lopez was 51-0 when he retired. Who's Ricardo Lopez? Yeah exactly.

You got reference for that Ali quote cause seem like you making shit up to support your argument. This is also wrong according to boxrec.com:

Top 10 heavyweight, yeah. Top ten lb for lb? Lol. Top ten pure fighter? ROFLMAO.
    test
  17. ICE'ALINO

ICE'ALINO New Member

he beat joe louis's ass..lmaooo

so are yall saing that rocky was a better champion than jack johnson?? noo fuckin way!!!

no one had more heart and could take a punch better than ali (watch the ali vs fraizer fights) plus he took everything foreman had to offer when foreman was in his prime. foreman use to break punchin bags with his power and the way ali stood on the ropes and took that shit was incredible. he the g.o.a.t. for a reason...rocky basicly had no skill he was just crazy as fuck!!

but as far as this thread goes i think the g.f.o.a.t. was and will always be bruce lee..im shocked and disappointed that no one brought his name up considering that mma is just a reflection of combining styles which he was the first to do
    test
  18. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

How anyone saw that recent footage & can claim anyone not named Bartone is the greatest fighter of all times just proves our schools have failed us.
    test
  19. marsblackmon23

marsblackmon23 Active Member

ha for real, i didn't mean it in a serious way, to be honest i hardly know anything about boxing at all, it was just funny when i saw your post, thought about that scene in coming to america and then saw aak's post

but yeah you guys can have marciano

YouTube - Joe Louis was 137 yrs old
    test
  20. DIZASTER

DIZASTER New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.