Great pic of Hunt vs Struve

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

is this based on a win over a 7 foot glass target or his K-1 performances before he was middle aged?
    test
  2. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

It's based on mma knowledge and the ability to watch and analyze a fight without bias
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

getting outstruck by a wrestler isn't that big of a deal when the wrestler takes you down and gasses you. your arms get real heavy when you don't have stamina so you drop them and don't move as much and then get smacked around by simple jabs.

GSP is a great example. he used to be an awesome striker until he took up wrestle-fucking everyone. he outstrikes every striker he faces, but his shots have no power. aside from cain's 1 hard punch, jds wasn't fazed by anything he threw.

i said hunt looked crisp, but he's not facing struve next time.
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

yeah but we're talking about the first five minutes before the successful takedowns. what happened was cain proved jds can't fight backing up.

i'm never going to say 100% mark hunt outstrikes jds, but hunt is miles ahead of the man on the feet. and no, i'm not talking about mark hunt from all those years ago. as a matter of fact, that guy was a brawler that relied heavily on his iron chin. the current mark hunt has shown the ability to gameplan, counter, and overall fight intelligently. jds on the other hand has shown a pretty simple but effective game, which just got exposed not so long ago. do we really expect the guy just one fight removed from complete shutdown by a wrestler to overhaul his game enough to fuck up a guy that has sparred with elite boxers and kickboxers on the feet?

don't be silly.
    test
  5. Makabreli

Makabreli done

and hunt did the same thing to kongo too, let's drop the "its just struve" shit.

kongo aint shit really, but his striking pedigree is better than the guys jds has been outstriking.
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

As far as jds' "simple attacks" you would be right as he uses his boxing ability, junior relies on his speed a lot more than technical ability.

He is a lot more effective though just as chuck Liddell is an effective striker but not technical. Does this mean that he wasn't one of the best strikers or does technical superiority reign above actual results?
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Liddell was much more technical than I think you give him credit for.

He was an incredible counter striker that knew especially how to use angles and his opponents own locomotion to his advantage. He threw his punches the way Kempo teaches you to, which is to find the opening and exploit it, by any means necessary.

If that means throwing a wide hook around their defense, okay. It may have looked sloppy, but he meant to do it, and was taught to do it that way through technical prowess.

I also think Hunt is the best striker in the HW's. You can't account for that much experience fighting top level strikers. It really is that simple.
    test
  8. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

isn't tyrone sponge a hw? he'll be in the UFC soon don't worry :p
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.