Great pic of Hunt vs Struve

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im actually glad hunt won... even though i picked struve
    test
  3. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

^Not glad since the man has a broken jaw...
    BUT I would rather Hunt vs Jones then Sonnen...
    Dirty pic and overall dirty KO. THERE are tons of nice pics of this finish/broken-jaw.
    test
  4. 9FunkyHippies

9FunkyHippies Member

Uhmmmm Jones is LHW and those guys are HW. I think you meant Velasquez.
    test
  5. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

mark hunt doesn't deserve shit. the fat fuck gets worn out easily and if it weren't for struve just standing there letting him smash his face he would've lost.

it's gonna be embarassing how fast hunt gets molested by a JDS or Cain. Shit, put him against big country and see what he does.
    test
  6. 9FunkyHippies

9FunkyHippies Member

I definitely agree. Hunt definitely cant hang with the top 5 HWs. Nelson would knock him out. im thinking he should fight winner of Browne/Gonzaga or winner of Mitrione/De Fries
    test
  7. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

More than half the division gets gassed after the first round so why give Hunt shit for it? Dude has an amazing chin and tons of power. Anyone who stands and trades with him is taking a big risk and while his ground game may be shitty he is improving it. Fuck it man toss him Barry, Browne, Nelson, Johnson, Kongo, or Overeem (again). I don't even care about the rankings. I want to see some good fights.
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

yeah but it's only a good fight if someone can fight. if someone sticks and moves on him or takes him down, it's not longer a good fight. his ability is limited to hoping someone stands in front of him, a la struve, so he can hope his punches go through their defense.

he's entertaining for middling fights/fighters. moving up it won't be fun, for him at least.
    test
  9. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

lol Stefan Struve is one of the shittiest fighters ive ever seen in my life. he is so long with insane reach and hes fighting as if he wants to get caught, zero defense, zero striking skilsl except for a few decent yet predictable kicks. for a man his size he relies WAY too much on his groudn game, submissions etc., but we saw what happens wjem fighters get greasy, its hard to submit even a shitty ground fighter like hunt..he needs to watch jon jones more to see how it CAN be done.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

Nelson would knock him out? naaaaaaaaaaw...
    Hunt is better then you guys think.
    THE only reason I mentioned Hunt vs Jones is because I follow Hunt and he has been asking for the fight for awhile.
    (everyone wants to fight Jones, his last two fights were against fighters out of his division).
    I agree that not only would JDS and Cain beat Hunt, but those fights would never happen...
    Those fights are actually stupid and Dana pushed Overeem vs JDS to the summer to make sure wack fights like that don't occur.

Hunt is a gatekeeper/name-fighter that fights tough guys and has heart for days.
    His only hope is someone getting injured last minute while he has a win streak,
    then stepping up for a belt shot because everyone else is too pussy.
    test
  11. LungZzZ

Stefan Struve is definitely a disappointment in the HW division.
    I think the kid should think about the sport more, maybe say fuck the money,
    and go try out a Bellator HW tourney. I think he could thrive there,
    where as in the UFC his cockyness standing is his kryptonite.
    test
  12. 9FunkyHippies

9FunkyHippies Member

Well, there has been talk of Jones wanting to move up to HW so if Hunt keeps bringing it up theres a good chance it will happen. I think should, after beating Chael, move up to HW for one fight to test it out then go back down to LHW and defend his belt one more time then go to HW to try and get that belt
    test
  13. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Unless there's an insane money proposition from Dana, Jones isn't moving up anytime soon. He wants to cement himself as a legend on par with GSP and Anderson and that requires matching or passing their win streaks. If Jones moves up, he loses that height and weight advantage as well as giving up significant weight. At most Jones walks around at 220-230. Cain, Reem, Mir, etc.. are all weighing in at the upper limits around 255+ come fight time. That would take a LONG time for Jones to gain safely in a healthy manner. He's still very young so his Metabolism is probably crazy too making weight gain even harder.

Then factor in that the HW division hits significantly harder than the LHW division and their wrestling is better than the entire LHW division barring Rashad. A move up in weight for Jones is a guaranteed loss. Smart move is staying right where he is.

Edit: Also, more on topic, according to Dana and Ariel Helwani, Mark Hunt has declined a fight with JDS. So it was at least offered to him.
    test
  14. LungZzZ

Also with the recent news Dana White broke,
    I'm sad I even defended Hunt, who supposedly turned down J.D.S.,
    I doubt he'd even consider fighting Jones,
    probably just said he wanted the fight for publicity.
    test
  15. 9FunkyHippies

9FunkyHippies Member

Jones has beat 4 past LHW champions. He's well on his way. Beating Chael won't mean anything.

Smart move from Hunt by declining it. I believe he knows he can't beat JDS so he's wanting to fight other people to build up his win streak and confidence.
    test
  16. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Annndd more to the news about Mark Hunt.

Now it's a he said/she said thing.
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

struve wants to be a blood and guts warrior. something you shouldn't do at hw ever
    test
  18. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

why would dana push jds v. overeem when reem lost to bigfoot? or is bigfoot getting another shot against cain?

reem injured so what now
    test
  19. 9FunkyHippies

9FunkyHippies Member

I cant post links yet but BJ Penn tweeted JDS vs Hunt is set. JDS is the baddest man on the planet. No way Hunt can hang with him.
    test
  20. LungZzZ

I think 9Funky is right, I didn't see BJ post it,
    but I have seen a couple posts where Hunt claimed he didn't turn down J.D.S. like Dana said,
    and in-fact he is now FACING J.D.S. when ever J.D.S. vs Overeem was suppose to go down.

Big-Foot is also getting a rematch with Cain after the Alistair victory.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.