GRB Round 3: MC Propaganda vs. ENGengENG

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 26, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Prop

68.2%
  2. Eng

31.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2013 Rules - Second Round

$1,800.00 up for grab!

- 3rd Round Audios are DUE Monday night September 2nd at 11:59 pm EST.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s).
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be at least 2 minutes.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - NEW RULE: All participants must vote on at least six (6) other battles and post the links to the battles they voted on in their matches using ONE post to do so. If your links are not in by the time the battle closes for votes (Friday 11:59EST) then you will lose one vote for every link missing.YOU MUST LEAVE AT LEAST THREE LINES OF FEEDBACK WITH YOUR VOTE (IN ADDITION TO VOTING ON THE POLL). IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK YOU WILL NOT BE CREDITED FOR THE VOTE.- No Comments allowed on battle until both battlers have posted their battle songs. You can also post videos.
    - Aiming for votes or voting rings will not be tolerated. If my team catches wind of such you will be DQ'd without question.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, contact me immediately via PM or Email -Yelp001@gmail.com
    Polls will be edited in mid-week (as they are only allowed to be open for seven days due to board settings).
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 6
    test
  2. ENGengENG

ENGengENG victim of power issues

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  4. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

damn i need to listen again as well just like parker vs pace
    test
  5. SHITTY Bang Bang

fat jokes vs name flips

well prop had some name flips too.....

im leaning towards eng on this one tbh which sucks i don't like him and prop had one of the sickest punches all of grb...

vote - eng
    test
  6. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

Man this was ill

Both u nikkaz r nasty

Eng that high jackin line killed me.

Prop had some crazy ass lines.. one of the better sounding contestants tbh

Man this is insane both these nikkas deserve a pass.. ill have to listen more and edit this n a min smdh

3dit :

After careful consideration i think u were pretty even, both had great punches but props verse just sounded nicer, beat and delivery got my vote.. props to whoever win should b close

Vote: propaganda

www.reverbnation.com/freelynx
    tapatalk
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. PicholasNaugam

PicholasNaugam Active Member

Engineer – Sick beat right off the back, Flow is pretty dope, nice Nazi Germany line. Sound real relaxed, and comfortable... Houdini line is straight, lol lice from your partners beard was funny. Nice quality, punches were every line, liked this track, it was put together well… def have what it takes to get to the finals..
    Moving on..
    Prop – Nice beat right off, lol Wii fitness line is good, pipe line was pretty good.. haha have a degree for man line was nice.. Flow and energy was felt.. very good battle.. Canadian hops line was clever. Didn’t like the second beat you did, but you still flowed on it properly and rode it.
    I like this battle a lot; it was good from both artists. I think both of you guys have what it takes to go to the finals... like bang bang said it was pretty much fat jokes verses name flips..
    Damn man this is a good battle, listened twice..
    Vote- Prop
    test
  8. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

great round from both - glad I don't have to vote tbh
    test
  9. xMetasiNx

xMetasiNx Met-uh-siN

This is really fucking close.

ENG - Beat is dope. I don't like the awkward ass punch-ins all over the place. Beat drops are straight. That "high jacking it" line was awesome. ENG's verse was a lot on the short side, but I like his delivery more than I like Prop's...

Prop - My only complaint about his verse is that his delivery doesn't really make the hard hitting lines stand out, and I think honestly that's what I respect about ENG's and Bux's deliveries... They really know how to set up their bars so that even the shit that shouldn't hit as hard, does. Lots of neat lines... The "tisk" one caught me off guard and made me laugh a little bit after I thought about ENG's board name.

If I vote on this battle at all, it's going to be to tie it up. Both of you deserve to advance.
    This is too close to call.
    test
  10. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

omg, two of my favorite in this tourny...i really dont know right now...

engineer had a fucking monster verse

propaganda had too much fucking sledge hammers too...

wow this GRB has had some classic battles so far tbh

*EDIT

mannnn i really hate having to vote for this, and i really dont want to because engineer was my pick to win this tourny, but shit prop had some shit this round

vote - casper propaganda the ghost
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  11. KooL La!d

KooL La!d iRock Cafe

dopest battle I've heard this whole league... wtf

Eng...

hi jacking LOL ...Natzi Germany

word..

I felt Prop was fucking ether tho... degree for men...

Just all around fire from Prop that outmatched Eng on schemes, flow, disses, and overall material... Eng's presence is more than enough in a lot of cases to take it, but he met a formidable foe, and it seems like Eng didn't care for this match up.. (in time limit perspective) ... Prop was harder hitting.. wide-ranged... coming from every angle and such...

Vote Prop

- also, someone forgot to poll vote.
    test
  12. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

prop - alimony , wi fitness , sounding black/blasting onyx shit was dope , paula dean diet ,single /ichiro , real nice real chill but yet mean diss , good shit prop

eng - news paper from nazi germeny , real consistent with the punches , kramer shit lol ,high jacking it like his dicks a terrorist show ahhaha lice from your partners beard lol body prop like corpses on a movie set

god damn , best battle of the tournament so far , i really like props style , everything about that shit is fire to me but engineer didnt slack at all , he had some dope ass lines and was real consistent with them took me like 5 listens each to figure it out but i gotta give it to engineer , as much as i like props verse , he just came harder imo prop ended with a more chill beat which might have hurt him , either way both killed it

vote - eng
    test
  13. RMCJoey

RMCJoey TADC

this battle was fucking insane.. incredible.. i listened to both verses twice for the first time in the history of the GRB

I'm giving this to ENG.. Prop is fucking grimey, and there's something about what he does that reminds me of Roc Marciano.. definitely ill, but I look at this like Silva vs Sonnen 1.. Prop is so many eons ahead of the two people ENG cake walked through in the first two rounds that even though he had a verse full of heat rock, and it was looking like ENG was about to lose in underwhelming fashion, with literally two minutes, ENG still managed to scrape together enough magic to pull off a win

If this were the first, or even second round, I would also refuse to vote.. but since that is incompatible with the rules, and both of these guys slaved over these verses, I will vote, and I'm going to give it to engineer just because I feel like he was closer to being flawless in the technical aspects of rapping imo

prop is a beast though, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for his shit from now on
    test
  14. SHITTY Bang Bang

test
  15. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

This is a super hot thread, tbh. Will breakdown and vote later on for sure.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. MC propaganda

Appreciate the votes.and
    @Free Lynx

Don't forget to hit the poll
    test
  17. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

eng- after his earlier shit from this GRB, i was kind of disappointed at his showing here. the beat didn't really strike me as a battle beat. he just didn't sound as hungry here. i did laugh that grandmaster B shit (big fan of married with children), and that feet swinging off the toilet line was dope too.

prop- damn! mo fo came for blood. that first beat was dope, sounded like some boot camp clique shit. that scale of 1 to 10 line had me all :dbledreams:

that second beat flat out sucked though.
    his flow was on point. mad lines too.

vote= propaganda
    test
  18. warbux

warbux Robber Dinero

prop:
    shawshank
    canadian hops
    walter white
    small in the middle
    ichiro suzuki

got no issue w/ your beat selection but they aren't great. i really like the way you write your verses, in that it sounds like you actually write from start to finish as opposed to somebody like jadakiss who just writes a punchline then throws some dumb shit together to say before it. u got a real grimy flow/delivery, i like it, but something about it is taking away from your lines. not sure i can pinpoint it. personally i think this verse is far too long for a battle...unless you're dropping ill chris gems back to back i'm going to lose interest.

eng:
    nazi germany
    propaganda on poles like exotic dancers rippin thru dudes clothes like dr banner
    prop on stage put him in a box like houdini
    hijackin
    body prop
    pisses sittin down

this beat hard as fuck. u got that cassidy slow flow shit goin on that just makes all your lines hit way harder. that dr. banner scheme was :eek: :eek:. overall monstrous verse tbh.

i think y'all had about equal as many dope lines but eng packed em into a verse half as long and his were hittin harder to me, which is why my vote is for engineer.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    test
  19. MC propaganda

Lol, Sounds reasonable^

Thanks for the votes thus far, and since eng tried to sneak a vote in for himself, ill go ahead and do the same : P
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    test
  20. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Eng-flow was on point liked that high jacked line. You're easy one of the most polishrd battlers.

Prop-DEAD@Land o lakes in his ink. After you likr ww bro in law. Eng aint small in the middle. The tisk line. way too many to quote

Vote-mc prop
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.