GRB '08 Final Round Battle Thread

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messiah

Messiah Guest

here's how i got it

1. Bully
    2. Engineer
    3. Warbux
    4. Punches
    5. DZK

Reasons:

1. Bully - punches were funny, not gonna quote all of em, but they were cool. U spit over 6 minutes strait dissin ur opponents and I give that respect.

2. Engineer - u had some punches as well, most of them didn't really do that much for me, but some were really good. u kinda lacked on the emotion to be honest. u went 6 minutes and like Bully, I gotta give respect cuz its the finals and u didn't slack.

3. Bux - You had a couple of good punches, u went hard at Bully's wife, but that was ur strongest moment. I knew u would slack and probably spit only 3 1/2 minutes long, i even called it before u dropped, and for that is the reason why ur in 3rd. i honestly believe u slacked against Kabz but won, and wouldn't be surprised if it happened in the finals as well.

4. Punches - u went 4 minutes I believe, but with those 4 minutes, to me u didn't spit nuthin monstrous or really that funny. I actually think u spit two of the same lines, sumthin about not havin a hit since 94. U said that twice. Anyways, good battle but I don't think u came wit nearly enough to be in the upper brackets.

5. DZK - really disappointed, can't front. its like ur not consistant, when u come hard u come hard, but when u slack its really noticable. and ur lines wasn't doin anything for me at all. i think u went overboard wit the corny scrapbookin jokes. nuff said.

that's it.
    test
  2. TooFly

TooFly New Member

1) Punches
    2) Warbux
    3) Bully
    4) Engineer
    5) DZK

Punches took it for me - Surprised the hell out of me, but he just had me rolling with the lyrics. Warbux was typically dope but Punches just grabbed me a bit more.

Bully was raw, but lacked the wittyness of my first choice two.

Eng and DZK, i think you're beat choices just killed it for me. Both had dope lyrics but the tracks didn't hold my attention.

Good job all.
    test
  3. Eric Sanchez

Eric Sanchez GRB Champion

Bully: I was writing my critique for your shit in real time and lost it when i clicked on DZKs link for some reason.....Anyway, Your flow stood out to me as much improved, I used to think it sucked TBH but on this it was top notch shit...It was faster more fluid instead of slow and choppy...I had a long list of lines that stood out but again I lost it...The highlight of this audio for me was the Warbux/Rosenheim/Jew part. It was well constructed and it was dope as fuck to me...Loved the audio..

Dzk: Im writing this in real time as i peep your shit...Always Clean...LOL@ more sampling grooves....that was funny..Can A Da Slim fast...Engineer without a degree....HAHAH@ Can get off the can without a Pullee...I liked that....FAt Nerd shit was ehh but i liked how it worked with the effect so it was dope...Morgan Freeman part was nice....HAH@ gallagher with a bag of turds, i like it..LOL@ Goaly...LOL@ Illy parts....Nicest teeth i ever came across was a dope line...Eyes on Bux hahaha.....LOL@ Sleeping pics....WOW@ taking classes for scrapbooks, this was the strongest part of the audio......Makes scrapbooks..... hahahaha...@ The arts and crafts shit...hilarious...Wasn't as consistent as bullys.. There was strong parts, then there were really weak parts...Never fail though as far as delivery, presentation, Etc...

Engineer: Pulling bitches, Scooby Snacks, This is raw as fuck so far....Merrit badge...Paper cut..Kick back/Wrist Snap....Tic Tac/Ribs Snap= RAW...Carrying your boy like the fat dude in Super Bad was raw..HAHA.....Fred Durst Line, Butterfly Kisses....Scheme so far as nutsoz....One of my fav beats right here, The Gut You on the switch....Opening scheme is sick...Import em back to cuba shit was dope...CANT RUB TWO PENNYS TOGETHER, SO YOUR THIGHS DO IT FOR YOU......ROFL @ Supernaturals Mutant Shadow...ROFL@ Wrestling Tag Team combined weight.....HAH@ overdone odd job lines (Not funny)......WOW@ All we're guaranteed in life is death taxes and punches finishing last......Bigger rack than a gun collector...Lyrically, The best so far....You're voice sounded a lil strained and weird though throughout, and it seems your limited flow wise by the format you use when you write...I'd love to hear it faster and more fluid, but what you do works for you, just a personal preference i guess....

Punches: Dope opening scheme with the Vega Fat shit thing...Teddy Gram....Break a one to ten scale...full sized cross......hahah@ stole from me....LOL@ Typing and hitting 5 keys at a time.....Mermaid/Third Grade....Girraffe line was a gooder one...Hasnt taken a bath since he was babptized...Curly from three stooges...You got that Clap Online like Meta Maestro....HAHAHHAA...This was dope...Lyrically probably second to eng so far....Didn't like the beat selection much, flow and deliv is still there it just sounds like flat, I dont know how to explain it...Dope showing though..

Warbux: WOW @ The Video....OHH YEAHHH line is sick....LOL@ between you and Illy...Eating Punches....Bonus Stages......HAHAH@ how the X Carried for like 10 seconds..that was sick.....take cincuenta, No Mas....Carry 700 pounds on my back....More specifically a number 2.....Canibus line....LOL@ Sampling Franz...Grand Pubbah line was sick.....Arrogant Faggot part was sick as fuck.....Outta Hand with Wraps.....Bully mario...Uglier Dude was Wife....LOL@ the Wooooing line killed me....Prince Marky D line was raw as fuck......Beat was ehh... Usually your flows consistently ridiculous and the deliveries to, but this one surprisingly lacked....The flow was good but it wasnt great, Same with the Lines, alot of good lines, but not alot of holy shit lines.........

Tough one to call....

Everyone was lyrically on an even plain for me, Engineer stood out the most, Delivery wise surprisingly, Bully stood out the most eventhough everyone did their thing every audio left me either wanting more, or wondering thats it...Some of yall sounded disinterested, like fuck it, 5 months is enough, i'm done...

good showing......its a tough one...Eng had the most complete package....It was really a toss up for between Eng and Bully, Wish Bux did more, Dissapointed there..., wish DZK did a bit more, 1-2 are interchangeable, as are 3-4..Punches good shit, i was rooting for you..

1. Engineer
    2. Bully
    3. Warbux
    4. DZK
    5. Punches.

Whoevers voting Bully last, You guys are a bunch of faggots...Seriously.....

This is how i got em stacked up and how I honestly feel, I have zero against any of you guys, I just wouldnt want you fucks to complain to me on AIM after u see how i voted..

Word.
    test
  4. Odd Job

Odd Job didnt kno it was ur bitch

1. warbux
    2. engineer
    3. dzk
    4. punches
    5. bully
    test
  5. fiktion

fiktion *******

peeped each 3 times

1. engineer
    2. warbux
    3. bully
    4. dzk
    5. punches

see you dorks next year. good verses, hopefully things arent this slow again
    test
  6. Janitor

Janitor Guest

LET ME WARN YOU now... IF YOU POST more than ONCE on this thread, I will PRUNE all YOUR POST and YOUR VOTES will NOT COUNT. LAST WARNING
    test
  7. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

1 - Bully
    2 - Punches
    3 - Warbux
    4 - Engineer
    5 - DZK

Bully definitely has this by quite a good margin too - all in all it was an okay finals, couldn't be bothered to type out lines since almost nobody posted lyrics, copy paste is the shit sorry ..

nice one bully
    test
  8. MARXIST

MARXIST New Member

1. Bully
    2. Warbux
    3. Engineer
    4. DZK
    5. Punches
    test
  9. Rhawfax

Rhawfax Hold My Pocket

1. Engineer
    2. warbux
    3. DZK
    4. Bully
    5. Punches
    test
  10. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

1. Warbux - shit his video was slick...was going back and forth being him and Bully
    2. Bully - u tore the shit outta that first beat,,,I wasn't enjoying it as much when u switched beats,,u shoulda stuck with the first beat the whole time and I woulda gave it to you, your video was ill too
    3. Engineer - I dunno, your lines were dope as fuck but I am a goofy guy,,,and I need some funny shit that stands out to dig battles...
    4. DZK - very well down battle verse, just lacked lyrically,,,shoulda had me sing ya intro and u woulda won this bitch
    5. Punches, audio just seems outta place this round...u got skills no doubt...and all should recieve daps for making it this far...cant believe their was a no show...but I thought this was the best finals we have had on here in a long long time...

wow
    test
  11. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

1. BULLY - Destroyed Everyone. Deserves The #1 Spot
    2. Punches - Alot Of Enjoyable Lines.
    3. Engineer - Overrall On Point, Just Liked Punches Lines Better..
    4. DZK - Not Many Stand Out Lines, But You Were Consistent
    5. Warbux - Not Many Stand Out Lines. Expected More From You

BULLY Did His Thing.. Punches Impressed Me A Bit..
    test
  12. Algorhythm

Algorhythm New Member

1. warbux
    2. dzk
    3. bully
    4. engineer
    5. punches
    test
  13. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Man this was tough for me. i aint gonna lie though i think Bully did his thing. i know duke gets a ton of heat on these boards but the people putting him in last place seem to be bitter to me. But what ever. here's how i got it. i might re-listen again because im a bit torn on a few of them.

1. Bully
    2. Engine
    3. Bux
    4. Punches
    5. DZK

I've been back and forth on 1/2 and 3/4 I liked some of Punches lines more then Bux's but Bux had more material. And Bux went in on Engi. lol some of that shit was funny as fuck. If Punches verse would have been longer i think he would have moved up past Bux and maybe even Engi but i think i got more LOL's outta Bux's verse then Punches. that Dhalsim line was great and the Tonya harding line might have been my favorite of the finals. Fuck PUNCHES i was rooting for you all tourney you fucking fag. spit longer asshole.
    test
  14. Shorty B

Shorty B Jeff's Son

1. Engineer
    2. warbux
    3. DZK
    4. bully
    5. Punches

this was a dope finals
    test
  15. semperfidelis

semperfidelis New Member

warbux, are you kidding me?
    dzk
    engi
    punches
    bully, fell asleep 5 minutes in. I was more bored than you sounded
    test
  16. Banksy

Banksy ...HipHop

1. Engineer
    2. Warbux
    3. Dzk
    4. Bully
    5. Punches
    test
  17. Scribe

Scribe IMQ8

Had a hard time chosing between Bully and Warbux for who I thought was better. Bully kinda fell off on his final diss, but was consistent throughout as was Bux. Bully just had a little more depth to his track I think.

1.Bully
    2.Warbux
    3.Engineer
    4.Punches
    5.DZK

Nothing really between Bully, Bux and Engi. They were all pretty dope.
    test
  18. AIR Syrak

AIR Syrak New Member

1. Engineer
    2. DZK
    3. Bully
    4. Punches
    5. Warbux
    worst bux battler ever recorded i think, engineer killed dzk was clean so was the bull punches rocked it.
    test
  19. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

engineer
    punches
    warbux
    bully
    dzk

i love engineers style...his flow and shit is so fuckin sick...i think he murdered it super hard...punches has been my favorite rapper throughout the whole tourny and i think he deserves the second...bux was ill but not ill enough...i dont really like wargasms style...i dunno it just doesnt grab my attention as much as everyone is hyping it out to be....dzk just had to put u at the end
    test
  20. BONZ

BONZ New Member

Engineer
    Bux
    Punches
    DZK
    Bully
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.