Battle Video GOT BEEF presents Dizaster v Jay Legend

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by The Kang, Jul 23, 2012.

?

who won?

1. Dizaster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Jay Legend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gopher D'Gusto

Gopher D'Gusto Well-Known Member

haha that was the first thing I thought of when Diz said that. I don't think it's that big a deal, tbh.
    test
  2. Gene Oak

Gene Oak The anti-white white

Dizaster took that pretty clearly to me although I don't think Jay Legend was really up to the challenge anyway. But something else was bothering me the entire time and it's this. I feel like I've seen everything Dizaster has to offer. As fun as watching him continually paired with lesser talents so he can freestyle/ramble on the way to a bodybag is, it's gotten stale for me. I know exactly what I'm going to get every time I turn on one of his battles.

It's going to be somebody making fun of his freestyles/stretched schemes/unlimited rounds shtick. Then maybe they'll throw in some form of recycled Arabic stereoptypes/eyebrow jokes. If we're really lucky we'll get the "live with your parents at 27" stuff. The Diz comes in with a varied assault of high speed multis that lead to a semi-dope punchline. He'll slow it down, laugh awkwardly, smile and crack a few freestyle schoolyard snaps. Maybe go into a half-good impression of his opponent before ramping back up to the aggressive auctioneer stuff (also, he needs to polish his performance on the whole in my opinon). Rinse and repeat.

I know he gets tons of love on here but isn't it time we hold Diz to a higher standard? If he's really supposed to be "the best battler in the world" or whatever else he gets called he should be either taking some real competition (and I don't mean washed up recording artists or oldschool freestyle legends, dudes who could actually put up a fight) or at least trying to show us something we haven't seen from him a hundred times before.
    test
  3. KingoftheDutch

KingoftheDutch Active Member

^real talk. it seems like many top tier battlers are duckin him tho, but after he beats Porich he'll hopefully get some real competition finally
    test
  4. Spacelab

Spacelab Well-Known Member

This is my favourite style from Dizaster; he's half-freestyling, laughing, and just having a great time while being mean.

Diz should be an actor in Hollywood he's got that charisma. (ie: Can you imagine him as "angry customer going off" in a movie scene.)
    test
  5. God of rap

God of rap Active Member

Diz was good but I agree with Gene Oak. I'm tired of seeing Diz having these battles. Diz needs to face a top tier opponent.
    test
  6. °Oobe°

°Oobe° Out of Body Experience

meh jay really fucked up i was expecting some sort of resistance but no...he just bends over.
    test
  7. IronsWrittens

IronsWrittens Well-Known Member

lol first thing i thought too

btw has dizaster beat anyone that RM considers top tier yet?

look at the last few people he faced

Canibus
    Jay Legend
    Manaz
    DNA
    Swave

hahahaaha

for real every top tier person he faced he lost against

Storm
    Illmaculate
    Arsonal (lets be real, he was gonna lose bad)

i mean seriously to be the best dont you have to beat the best, this is the exact same thing as a skilled Madden player playing on Rookie and dominating after losing a couple games while playing on All Madden
    test
  8. SuperNegger

SuperNegger Toe Tagger Type Negger

This battle is boring as fuck. I don't know why I expected anything other really.
    test
  9. °Oobe°

°Oobe° Out of Body Experience

lol DNA destroyed Dizaster so fucking bad, stfu.
    test
  10. phoenixonfire

phoenixonfire Member

you're just mad that when you go to the middle east they make your bitchass wear a veil on your head.

WOWWWWW!!!!! I'm speechless. Just perfect rebuttle
    test
  11. haze skunk

haze skunk Member

that's true though he lost to all top tiers he faced "except for thesaurus"
    illmac / PH/ lock and if we're only counting 1st rounds against ars then yeah he lost
    he got lucky against HFK ..

you can't deny that he's improving every battle though .. I like diz as a battle rapper, I like diz on Camera in general ..

but I just can't stand his online posts / tweets and his dickriders
    test
  12. FreshToDeath

FreshToDeath ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╤──

Not fair. Diz killed him. lol
    test
  13. JesusOfRap

JesusOfRap DO SOMETHING FOOL

and dizaster once said iron Solomon only battles people he knows he can beat
    test
  14. eastcoastreppa

eastcoastreppa Well-Known Member

Another generic battle smh
    test
  15. NotATroll

NotATroll New Member

why didn't jay legend prepare better for this? disaster was corny and short in this but he still won, smh. disaster didn't even try, it seems like. jay legend isn't whack, so for him not beat disaster at his worse is just ashame.
    test
  16. Automator

Automator Active Member

On paper, Jay Legend clearly won IMO but Diz killed him in performance. Didn't like the battle much on the whole, it was exactly what we'd expect it to be.
    test
  17. AREpee420

AREpee420 ashy to classy

lol some of you people are sheer idiots with all the "why is Diz battling guys he knows he can beat" "if hes supposed to be the best shouldnt he battle the best" "this battle was boring why is diz battling people of this caliber"

do you idiots not realize he got free flight, free stay, probably spending money, and tons of tail to go to AUS???? you trying to fuckin tell me you wouldnt go battle Joe Shmoe on the otherside of the planet if it was all expenses paid???!!! fuck is wrong with some of you clowns on here??? SMH.

as for the battle..i enjoyed it for what it was. Jay seemed a bit off but had a few lines here and there that had me laughing. DIZ obviously did his thing, had a few wack things that people overreacted to, but still killed it.

they make you wear a veil over your face rebuttal>>>
    diz's freestyle game>>>>>>
    test
  18. IngridCold

IngridCold Walking Bad

Expected better from Jay...
    Diz got him.
    I thought Jay was gunna come with the best bars/delivery of his life.
    He seemed a little shook tbh...
    test
  19. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

Why do people act surprised that Dizaster battled this dude? He obviously wanted to travel to another country and battle. Who the fuck else is he supposed to battle overseas? This battle is a prime example of why people love Dizaster. He's entertaining. He freestyles in his rounds and it gets the crowd reaction.
    test
  20. AREpee420

AREpee420 ashy to classy

this. fuck is wrong w people?
    look at my post, 2 posts up.

:math:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.