Got Any Questions About Sonar? Ask Away.......

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Xabiton, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol i assumed u had already had audio in sonar
    test
  2. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

nah I'm jus tryna render the beat, but routin shit through sonar... jus to test the sound qualiy, but for some reason everythings panned like right down the center n sounds mad flat mayn... is it cuz I'm usin a surround-mixing format or whut
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Sonar's sound quality is offical but remember if ur going to output via sonar u might as well mix there too
    test
  4. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

chyea thas whut I'm plannin on doin... but I'ma have to make some templates, sittin there routin every single damn thing everytime is a pain in the ass mayn... I did the basices, but left my reason effets n some EQ in... mainly was jus tryna see the difference, n wanted to attempt a surround 5.1 mix but... shit sounds better when I did it outta reason, gotta be my mistake nahmean mayn but... guess I'ma jus have to expirement nahmean haha

still ain't figured out how to export the song without addin a lil piece of audio in sonar
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i cant remember either. to be honest i got tried of rewiring it just slowed me down in the process so Im learning to just mix in reason which can be a pain but it keeps u more honest. the beautfy of reason is it tells u exactly what u r not good at lol
    test
  6. Surrill

Surrill New Member

damn b if im understanding u correctly, ur tryin to export ur song on reason while rewired to sonar,but u have no audio in sonar?? u gotta have audio in sonar in order to export it into a stereo wav file.....but ilike i said i dont know if im understanding you correctly
    test
  7. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^ u r thats what i was thinking too but I wasnt sure thanks for clearing that up
    test
  8. Surrill

Surrill New Member

any body fuckin wit sonar 6 yet?
    test
  9. Kron-A-Holic

Kron-A-Holic New Member

yea bro sonar 6 is like a whole new program and the session drummer vsti is a much needed option for sonar
    test
  10. Nefasit

Nefasit Polish Pimp

Been LONG TIME sonar use, Still love the shit. But whats so good in 6, Is it a MUST Upgrade type deal...Im using 4 now so i should update but is all they hype as ill as everyone makin it to be?
    test
  11. Da Q

Da Q R E V O N E

I'm a Cubase user myself. That's my secret weapon, straight up. Cubase SX is the truth. Sonar looked cool, especially with the 64-Bit engine that was all hyped, I think Sonar 6 PE is an annoying program, I think the layout is ugly, I just don't like it, it doesn't even compare to Cubase.
    test
  12. Infinitheat

Infinitheat New Member

infinitheat.com
    test
  13. ni6apinoflavord

ni6apinoflavord aka beatboss

does anybody know how to use the ACT controls in Sonar 6?? I saw a video where someone assigned his midi controllers just by click on a knob and then turning it on his midi controller. I'm trying to do that but i'm having a hard time
    test
  14. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

a year later with a whole lot of fire vst's this time...

i just got on it and i figured the basics out quickly this time and am understanding it alot more. its a very deep program and it just took that little time to prepare myself for it. as of now the only problem im havin is with rewire i can play at 20.00 latency fine but its slow and cant play melodies like i'd like, at 10.00 i can play good but it lags and starts distorting and shit due to the latency..

also

I have all the session file to beats from when i first started using reason and love always being able to go back... whats the chances of the program fucking up or a vst corrupting something where I cant get to some of my beats if I save the sessions.
    test
  15. TitoBronsky

TitoBronsky New Member

any body got a crack copy???
    test
  16. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

test
  17. L.e.g.a.c.y.

L.e.g.a.c.y. Legacy Recordz

Yo man I just copped Sonar 7, but for fucks sake... for all it's brand new "Roland technology" ... all the high tech plugins.... . I'm finding it hard to use... I can't figure out how to silence one small section of a vocal track, like right before the artist starts or right after they stop.. Unbelievable... Why can't they just MAKE IT EASY like Cool Edit Pro 2.0 ... fuck... Like... I'm learning the programs complex plugins and capabilities faster than I am learning how to do a basic thing like edit out an MCs breaths in their vocal track.... I am having a hard time doing simple tweaks and navigations....
    test
  18. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

its mad easy to do. u just gotta get used to it. in this case u just cut the area out that u want to silence
    test
  19. L.e.g.a.c.y.

L.e.g.a.c.y. Legacy Recordz

test
  20. beatsbymarkus

beatsbymarkus New Member

Hey Legacy, r u talking about automation tweaks or just deleting a part of an audio track?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.