Got Any Questions About Sonar? Ask Away.......

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Xabiton, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I dont think many people here use Sonar but it seems to be one of the only good Daws here that arent mentioned. So ask away
    test
  2. cyi-borg

cyi-borg New Member

stand up Sonar users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
  3. sylentmind

sylentmind OHIOS BACK

sits down and wait for fl or ADOBE to be called
    test
  4. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

i got sonar 4 but anyway... how do you create the actual track when using sonar and reason together with rewire. such as mixing it down
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

insert reason as a dxi and treat it as a vst
    test
  6. Hitman J

^ i think you misunderstood cause i didnt really write it correctly. I mean say you create a beat with reason/sonar. then when your ready to mixdown you export it but the reason instruments and shit wont be included. how do you mix down the whole track where its everything...

i dont have it on me so i cant really tell you exactly what everything is and says
    test
  7. Sleezy

Sleezy milfhinter.com

are there any good video tuturials on how to make a beat using sonar home studio?
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

no but the ones that come with it in the manual are great. theres a pop up that comes up when u start the program use those thats how i learned the program
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

so u dont want to track it now? export with the setting that says what u hear
    test
  10. Surrill

Surrill New Member

are you talkin bout rendering midi tracks that you created using reason sounds into audio? its the same shit as rendering vsti/dxi into audio.....u record ur midi track that plays ur reason sounds......u solo ur midi track.....then u go to "edit" and select all the tracks so that they are highlited.......then u go back to "edit" and select "mix to audio track" and that should bounce your midi track into a specified audio track...i dunno if that makes sense cuz im not that good at explaining shit, but i would get one of the sonar power books....they really break it down.....im fuckin wit sonar 5 and cant wait for 6......its gonna be a BEAST!
    test
  11. Hitman J

thanks. i think thats what im talkin bout. ive never really got indepth with it cause it just seems buggy as fuck, i dunno man. but it does make the quality sound 100 times better i know that
    test
  12. SmoothKuik

SmoothKuik New Member

i use SONAR 3.0/4.0 most of the time i use everything in Reason but when i need sounds from my Motif ill use Rewire with Sonar to get what i want
    test
  13. Sleezy

Sleezy milfhinter.com

how do i install other VST's for some reason it didnt read Korg M1 or the Wavestation
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

see the manual
    test
  15. Music_Nhayomee

Music_Nhayomee New Member

i need help with cool edit pro 2.1... i i kno this thread ain't about cool edit...but i need help and i can't post a thread... hit me up on aim... FORTHELVEOFMUSIC... i jus need the registraion key ASAP!!!!
    test
  16. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^fuck u for fuckin up my thread go to the cool edit forum
    test
  17. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

test
  18. th3r3isn0futur3

damn son I'm havin the same problem.. I got all my shit recorded in reason, tracked it out in sonar, but can't export the audio mayn... whut the deal? tried the "what you hear" but it dun work
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i honestly have no idea u may want to call tech support for that one. well email kuz their phone support is awful
    test
  20. th3r3isn0futur3

hm well I jus placed some recorded audio at the end... I actually got no midi tracks or nuthin, everythings in reason but I rewired everythin through sonar to use it as a mixer instead... it jus seems like there nuthin tthat "tells" sonar to render the whole song, since the sonar project itself is empty... so it'll only render the whole song if I insert somethin in sonar mayn
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.