Got any questions about Reason? Ask away..

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Ray Digga, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

mess with the filter and LFO a lil bit on NN19 and NNXT

phaser can also help
    test
  2. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

digga,

How do you go about making remixes using Reason?
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

load an accapella into dr. rex, or the sample players, and light a purple philly..........if you get more specific so do the answers.......what kinda remix?.......what genre?.......just know bpm's.........
    test
  4. th3r3isn0futur3

you can't actually do the entire remix in reason.... you can make the beat, but unless you use reason as a rewire device or use another program to put both the acapella and the beat inside, it'd be way too much trouble to bother mayn
    test
  5. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

Would Ableton Live work better?
    test
  6. Turl

Turl Producer

Wasup, just got my new mac (switching from XP!) and i been messing around with reason today. its a lil hard to get use to it, few weeks and i should be okay.

is there any other way to get the quantization more accurate? like it never snaps to the closest bar, always a lilttle after or before which kinna messes up the notes a bit.
    test
  7. th3r3isn0futur3

MFB - I haven't really used abelton live much, but I'm pretty sure that'd work best. reason supposedly sounds better when its rewired anyways

Turl - you can adjust the quantize time using the drop down menu in the upper left part of the sequencing window - there should be two time signatures there. one is for manual adjustment, one for quantizing I believe. unlike fruity loops, reason quantizes according to the quantizing time you assign it - not to little lines. to reason, those lines don't actually "exist", they're more of an indicator to the human eye. you can still get them to snap to the lines though, give it a try adjusting the quantizing quantity/time.
    test
  8. Turl

Turl Producer

found it, cheers!

gotta get me some nice refils now, some dope strings and stuff, recommend any?
    test
  9. th3r3isn0futur3

sonic reality refills are really nice, there like 20 or so I think

other than that... ionno many, but if you look around at a guitar center you can find some nice ones

but the stuff that comes with reason is a lot, especially when you startin - you'll find that you need less refills, but need to do more tweakin on things like phasers, LFO, filters, and such - in fact, you could make prolly 500 unique beats with the original refills alone
    test
  10. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

Miroslav Refills are the best shits Ive heard.
    test
  11. Turl

Turl Producer

yea i just got that miroslav strings set.. and virology.

im having a problem playing with the keyboard.. i'd be playin away using nnxt, then when i try to switch over to redrum it wont let me play the drums - it still stuck on the nnxt, whys that?
    test
  12. th3r3isn0futur3

in the sequencer, right before the instrument name is a lil piano square logo... make sure whuteva instrument you want to play has the lil piano showin, not greyed out - and make sure the recordin dot is lit up, means its armed
    test
  13. Turl

Turl Producer

nice one! its lil things like those that i need to get to know.

must read the manual now.
    test
  14. PMoneymaker

PMoneymaker New Member

i just bought an m-audio key rig 49 usb midi controller to use with reasons 3.0. i loaded the drivers, but it won't play. i know the keyboard works cuz it rings when i plug in the usb cord. could you give me some things that i need to check?
    test
  15. th3r3isn0futur3

go to preferences, and to control surfaces

you gotta make sure you added the keyboard, and that its on the right port - there will be a green check mark denoting that its connected n workin.

check the manual.
    test
  16. b-real 123

b-real 123 New Member

If you need refills these are nice.

Xsynth
    Reason Piano
    Pinknoise.Studios.Analogue.Monsters
    Goldbaby.XRB.Refill
    Reasonbanks.Quadrasynth.Story
    Fantom X Facsimile

They are at audionews.
    I have a extra invite if you need it to get in.
    test
  17. PMoneymaker

PMoneymaker New Member

the "attached surface" area doesn't give me any options. and how do i know which 1 to add? i have a m-audio keyrig 49. i put in the m-audio and it still don't work. at 1 time I DID have a green check, but i can't remember what i did or how i did it. HELP PLEASE!
    test
  18. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Not sure if cats are still reading or responding to this thread but if no one asks me I'll just post a thread I guess.

I saw the instruments suggested for the west coastish sounding beats.

But I'm looking for some of the better instruments to be used for the more romantic sound beats. Smoother shits, not necesarrily R&B, but can be. Pharrel type beats are the best I can use to describe it. Even the joints used in Urb Tactics vids...but I think he was using the Roland in one of them joints, not reason.

I know there's no uniform sound you can use, and have to put in the work to tweaking the sounds and whatnot...just looking for a good place to start like y'all suggested with the west coastish sounding instruments.

like the sounds in this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vscHEDnTtc4

Appreciate it.

(And if anyone knows how/where to get new Reason sounds, let me know, if it's what I'm looking for, I'll mos def pay) peace
    test
  19. th3r3isn0futur3

go to the subtractor mayn

you can make some nice rhodez and clavs and bell synths n what not with that... check out the multiple wave forms, even those beyond the simple saw and sine... and mess wit the frequency cutoff/resonance
    test
  20. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Yeah, I noticed even just for using the stock sounds alone without any tweaking, the Subtractor was the joint I was using the most, then probably the NN-XT after that. The maelstrom joint is too techno oriented for me. Can't fuck wtih that.

Anyone have any "go to" instruments?

As I said, not trying to take anyone's sounds or whatnot or trying to dodge tweaking and making sounds to fit my aims. Just curious. I like to map out shit then venture off on my own direction once I have a little more perspective. peace
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.