Got any questions about Reason? Ask away..

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Ray Digga, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

use the combinator, put all the devices you want inside, and use the combinator sequencer to do it
    test
  2. Nick HaTT

Nick HaTT New Member

how do you change your mp3s, like the sample i have to that .REX file so that i can use them in the sampler?
    test
  3. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

Convert the mp3 to wav file, then use Recycle to convert the wav file to rex.

Digga
    test
  4. Nick HaTT

Nick HaTT New Member

if yu dont have recycle is there any alternatives? also. its not possible to play out your drums and record from thru the midi? u have to place them thru the redrum?
    test
  5. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

no u load up ur drum sounds the same way youd load a sample into the nnxt

the exact same thing

there are some instrument patches u can load from reasons sounds that are actually just a bunch of drum hits u can use (although the sounds might not be great)
    test
  6. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Dam I didnt know reason didnt have midi out either but im going to still knock that bytch off....I plan to run three powerhouse softwares which is cubase 4,reason 3.0 and im thinking FL studio or Protools....made yall could tell me which ones to use but i gotta master at least three....thats just me.....I want it all pimp.....Gimme...out B.K.
    test
  7. Nick HaTT

Nick HaTT New Member

blah. but than u cant play out each sound like u can in the dr loop
    test
  8. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Man this is the right site....I been looking for a site like this a long time....I just bought reason 3.0 off ebay....and I want this site to help me master this program....Right now i got ejay hiphop 6 and its cool to me....I been writind songs to my underground cd wit this software......

But reason one of my 3 powerhouses is on the way in the mail....thats 1 powerhouse down and 2 more to buy which is cubase 4 and fl studio...Tell me what u think besides i dont need all these programs...I know I dont need them all but I just want them all .....im out...B.K.
    test
  9. flossnntossn

flossnntossn New Member

fuck

okay i just got reason and i wanna use redrum to utilize my mpd16......it recognizes it but how do i get to actually use the pads in real time and record it right now i dont even no how to trigger any of the sounds in redrum
    any help would be appreciated
    test
  10. Ray Digga

Read Chapter of the Operation Manual, this should help you out.....

Digga
    test
  11. chop logic

chop logic New Member

okay, so i have a MIDI piano, and it's all hooked up to my computer. (by means of one them old school pig tail cords that plugs into the joystick module) I open up reasaon 3, and go to prefrences and try to make reason reconize this piano but it wont work.. i previously installed the MPU-401 driver for midi on my computer, but it's telling me that it's not working.. :/ im wondering if I need to make this device worksomehow, or get another driver? im really stuck here. any help would be apreciated

pz
    test
  12. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

it should recognize any midi keyboard.......what are pig tail chords though?.......you mean midi, or usb?.........give me more info, and i can help you
    test
  13. chop logic

chop logic New Member

heres a pic of the type of chord i have, it plugs into the joystick port on the back of the comp:

http://www.promusicaustralia.com/guitar/leemimages/MIDI-CABLE.JPG

and, in device manager i installed the MPU-401 midi driver that everyone needs, but it gives me a message that says:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

I'm wondering if theres any way around that, or if i need a new soundcard? or even a driver for my piano to work, i got a yamaha PSR-270.

-thanks
    test
  14. th3r3isn0futur3

bad driver mayn, find a better one - newer or older, make sure the driver is from the sound card maker, not microsoft
    test
  15. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

you don't have any usb connection on your computer?........how old is it, cause that devive looks pre-historic..........but yeah do what dude above said, or get a fucking new mac
    test
  16. Ray Digga

Firewire and USB are the way to go these days.....
    test
  17. bulletclip

bulletclip aka danny

hi!
    im quite new in here so sorry if i do anything wrong :)
    i'd like to ask if can somebody help me working with reason 3.0?
    i want to produce hiphop songs!
    peace to y'all
    test
  18. th3r3isn0futur3

jus explore n do ya thig man, read the manual that comes wit it - that answers all the basic questions; if there somethin not in the manual you wanna know, ask here
    test
  19. Big Leak

Big Leak Get Rich or Get Richer

I had two files not load up when i opened it.....

The case: My computer restarted right after I saved them

when i opened reason again and tried to reopen the files

it gave me a media problem.

HOW CAN I FIX THIS?
    test
  20. diab....

diab.... New Member

man. i have been trying this for a munite. anyone know how to make a good wah wah. so far i have a regular guitar with the scream. let me know.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.