Got any questions about Pro Tools? Ask away....

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Ray Digga, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

How do I setup a nice 8 bar looop with a 4 bar intro? I set the start and end for 8 bars and I set the pre roll for 4 bars but there has got to be any easier way right?

Also, I can't get audio out of my midi tracks, there seems to be no way to set the imputs and outputs.
    test
  2. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

I do it the same way, though you can get that "effect" through Cubase 3 SX via rewire. As for the midi, all you have to do is create a module for that "channel" and assign it to the data. Ex. I would transfer midi data from Cubase to Reason then assign whatever sound I wanted via NNXT the data would play that "sound" in Reason. Arpeggio via Cubase through rewire works in a similar fashion.

Digga
    test
  3. Money Greene

I got pro tools 7.3 and reason 3.5, why the hell does the first note im the loop always cut it self off when I rewire to protools? Im not talking about the bug in reason when you are recording and the note on 1|1|000 messes up. Im talking about the first note no matter where the loop starts.
    test
  4. Ray Digga

A couple of things to check....
    your latency on your soundcard.
    get the latest update for pro tools 7.3.1
    if the loop still doesnt sound right, adjust the quantize in pro tools to 1/64th and slide the beginning of the loop 1/64th of the beat to the left.

Digga
    test
  5. Money Greene

I found the problem, when working with midi and rewire between PT and reason, it is best to have the midi notes in PT not in the reason sequencer.
    test
  6. *EnCoRe*

*EnCoRe* Shitty Ass Avatars!

what are some of the good plugins to have for Pro Tools?
    test
  7. Money Greene

test
  8. kanoe

kanoe aka KANOE~kING aLLAH

Whats good guys, i got myself a mbox 2 mini and everything seems to wrk fine except for the fact i dnt hear anything, at alll like i dnt hear a mouse click or nothing....help please
    test
  9. ezhil522

ezhil522 New Member

Rapidaccounts……….please Don’t Change Passwords

edited
    test
  10. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

anyone sequencing in pro tools just getting into the PT world got 7.3 cant even find a pre count lol
    test
  11. Money Greene

I actually don't like sequencing in pt, i sequence in reason and just rewire the instruments into PT.

But to get to your question, to do a pre count you have to set it in the transport window. You have to click on it so it lights up then input how long you want the precount. Also, if you extend the view on the transport window there is a button that says "2 Bars" on it, i think that will give you a 2 bar pre count too.
    test
  12. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

i got everything setup right..i watched the dvd and did what they instructed. i read the manual and repeated the same steps over and over but i still dont hear shit from my mic

i got a AT4040 mic and the m-box 2 mini shit and a eureka preamp/compressor..when i set up a session and arm a track to record, and then i say somethin in the mic, the levels go up like they're spose to, but i dont hear shit..and the waves are on the screen when i record but i dont hear nothin when i play it back

what am i doing wrong?
    test
  13. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

you cant playback a track still armed for record.

if you want to hear it as your record your vocals make sure your headphones are plugged into the mbox and the jack is turned up. You may need to hit a setting to turn on live monitoring in that shit too....the mbox panel i mean.
    test
  14. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

i figured it out when i called guitar center..the damn cashier gave me one xlr cord instead of 2..i just had to buy one more cord and plug my speaker wires into the back of the mbox

i'm waiting on my extra stick of ram now..its a wrap for u niggas!

ha
    test
  15. heroinhav

heroinhav New Member

I just got pro tools. I've been using a Grace 101 pre amp and a Delta 44 soundcard. From what I understand you need the Mbox 2 to run pro tools.. how would i use my delta 44 and grace 101 then??? I'm not sure how all of them together.. i dont really see the room for extra ports.
    test
  16. Ray Digga

Consider using Protools M Powered for M-Audio soundcards......

Digga
    test
  17. Skrap Backwards

Skrap Backwards the fukd he say?!

Anyone know an easy way to take a vocal recorded in protools and send it through effects based in reason...

rewire i assume?? but can you send a vocal recorded in pro tools, out to reason and back to pro tools with the effect recording to a new track (ie pitch shifts, scream on vox, chord forming w/vox sent through a synth?)

basically i dont feel like looking for more waves plug in effects...i like my reason patches. am i an idiot and this is easy?? help a player out.
    test
  18. Wargasms.com

Wargasms.com New Member

test
  19. Ray Digga

The only way to have Reason effects on Pro Tools Audio is to export the audio from Pro Tools and load it as a wav or aiff file into Reason in a NNXT or NN16. Then you can add your effect. It cant be done through rewire. I've heard mixes with vocals loaded in the NNXT and unless you doing pro level mixes, the average person couldnt tell the difference. Good for doing a quick remixes to a pro recorded acapellas......

Digga
    test
  20. Condescending

Condescending New Member

Is pro-tools the best vocal recording software to get?and can someone plz explain too me what an m-box is lol and what I need to get on the road. Im getting reason for beat making also.peace
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.