Got any questions about Fruity Loops? Ask Away

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Beatboss, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatboss

Beatboss aka ni6apinoflavord

After the success the Reason, and Cubase thread and the interest in Fruity Loops, I created this thread to help users improve their knowledge of this program.

There are many versions of this program. The version I will be referencing is FL Studio 6 or otherwise specified. Those who use the 3.56, 4, 5 versions, feel free to ask questions as well.
    test
  2. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

i wish this thread was around when i used it...
    test
  3. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

how do i record live sounds from my micro korg into a audio channel rather then into midi then having to transfer that into cep2 and save it into .mp3 and transfer it back into fl's..

i have yet to learn how to wire the rack straight into a fl's audio channel and record it live..

thats about it :)
    test
  4. .KeyNote.

.KeyNote. Guest

is there a way to use my MPD 16 and the FL slicer?....when i hit the pads only one triggers a slice...no other ones work

and what are some FL Mixer tips?
    test
  5. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Is there anyway to fix the bug in the program in the bass issue? I know a couple of cats mentioned having the same difficulty. Like I have a bass sound I use for my basslines...I make a loop point for it so I can use it on my midi controller with different notes and whatnot. But I literally have to keep saving that file as a different file. Because when I go back to open it again in another session it either stretches all haywire and sounds funky and fucked up. Or it'll open up but only in one play in one note no matter what key I press.
    test
  6. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

how much you wanna bet this won't get stickied?
    test
  7. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

As much as I hate the fruit this is a good thread. Hopefully all of the FL related questions will end up here and only here happy day
    test
  8. ian_n__

ian_n__ New Member

to Free Quincy's question, u could try to add an audio clip chanel and then send it to FX 1 or whatever and then change the 'IN'put at the bottom to your microkorg. will that work?
    test
  9. Mellow Madness

i tried that.. and it didn't work unless i'm doing somethign wrong :(
    test
  10. ian_n__

ian_n__ New Member

try this link under the 'basic audio recording' section.
    woops:
    1. Route the hardware synth's audio output(s) to audio inputs on your soundcard using an audio cable.
    2. Make sure you're in SONG mode. If desired, move the song pointer to the place where you want the recording to start.
    3. Choose an unused FL mixer channel (but not the Master channel) and select the soundcard's audio input as the IN for that channel. That will cause the floppy disk icon in the extreme lower right corner of the mixer to turn orange. You're now ready to record, but you may want to click on the disk icon twice more. The first click will turn it off (gray). The second click will turn it on again, and also open a file dialog box in which you can give the file a more descriptive name or choose a different folder.
    4. Click on the Record and Start buttons in the transport bar to start audio recording. When you reach the end of the section you want to record, click Stop and turn off the Record button in the transport bar.
    5. Mute the MIDI Out generator, since it isn't needed anymore. Or better (since soloing and then unsoloing another generator will unmute all of the generators, which is one of FL's naughtier tricks), switch off your hardware synth.
    test
  11. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

I was having the same problem as you...hopefully someone answers your question as well, lol.
    test
  12. Mellow Madness

woot imma try that tomorrow.. thanks man!

imma crash right now .. woot
    test
  13. mbrecz

mbrecz 06 IS Mine

test
  14. b-real 123

b-real 123 New Member

Use the templet software.Then assign the right root numbere to each pad.
    Fruity Slicer I believe starts with C5 then goes up.
    You will have problem if more then 16 slices
    test
  15. MARXIST

MARXIST New Member

that's actually not a bass issue, but something to do with the audio file. don't ask me what but this is how you fix it.

[​IMG]

where it says time stretching, turn the time knob all the way down. It will work for all samples that sound distorted or only play in one note.
    test
  16. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

Off to a good start. Keep it up.

Digga
    test
  17. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Good looks on the sticky on this. I'm about to try that with the time stretch thing, I think I did already try it once before, but going to do so again just to make sure.
    test
  18. L e S

L e S New Member

haha, im an FL 3 user

having problems getting my yamaha to register correctly...MIDI playback

dont know if i have the right midi OUT/channel settings....mad sounds playing from one key

and when i do get the normal sound coming out of my speakers...it wont play back properly

hellllllp
    test
  19. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Did it work? Curious...
    test
  20. prophicey

prophicey New Member

when i use the minimoog V vst it with my korg k25 its plays every note with a delay...plus all the sounds are really low... i got that bass isuue ya'll having with all edirol vsts aswell ..i saw the question about the mpdand fruity slicer and im not sure about that but it seems to work fine with the k25 ...good thread straight up i think fruity loops is best when you chop your own samples ...it aint as complicated and you always get your result in about 10minutes ..the programs not as time consuming as other ones ...and the learning curve is about 2 weeks
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.