Got any questions about Cubase? Ask away....

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Ray Digga, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Yo I got a question

Can I make it to wear when I press record/play on the motif or Cubase that it's lke sync'd together. But I don't wanna record MIDI notes.

I want to record my AUDIO signal from the keyboard to the Cubase. But I want it to all start at the same time you know? That way I'm not recording off-beat audio shit
    test
  2. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

why wouldnt you want to sequence inside of cubase...it'll let u do sooo much more musically then sequencing on the motife will ever do...and u dont have to worry about syncing anything that way, its just soloing midi and recording audio...
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

http://www.future p roducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157678
    remove the spaces theres a video
    test
  4. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

because im comfortable with my process on the motif right now. i'm doin beats in 2 minutes on that sequencer. i'm pretty much cool with the sequencing, im just tryin to drop my shit out individually at once
    test
  5. Methlab

Methlab New Member

A Cubase tip:

Know at bare minimum, these 3 shortcuts:

F11 - Vsts
    F3 - Mixer window
    F2 - Transport
    test
  6. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

battery 2
    test
  7. Oblivion

Oblivion ^^ Eeek oook

^^ thanks mate, i ordered it last night lol so good to know i made a nice choice
    test
  8. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

where can i find battery 2
    test
  9. Oblivion

Oblivion ^^ Eeek oook

i bought it.. just google it
    test
  10. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

i think its native instruments, if that helps
    test
  11. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

I knew it was somethin liek that. I tried lookin for it but i didnt find it the first time

its funny cuz i knew how to do it on protools

i got it tho, thanks.
    test
  12. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

Ctrl S to save should be listed...but I guess that's a given

1, 2, 3, 4, etc...to cycle through the different cursors (ie. pointer, scissors, glue, draw, etc...)
    test
  13. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

aight mayn... does cubase, as a stand-alone program itself, offer that much more sound quality than other programs? because its true that certain program algorithm for audio are better than others... I'm lookin for nice quality shit
    test
  14. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

It all boils down to personal preference. Most programs along with the proper hardware can some outstanding mixes. Some people swear by Pro Tools sound engine, some others perfer Cubases sound engine, some SONAR 5. Its really up to the individual.

Digga
    test
  15. Oblivion

Oblivion ^^ Eeek oook

i have a usb pre-amp and my speakers go out from that, and that works in media player/internet explorer/cool edit, EVERYTHING.. except cubase.. i need to plug my speakers directly into my soundcard.. tha only thing i can think it would be that cubases output is rigidly set to tha soundcard.. but i can't find where to change that? i need it to be going out tha usb pre-amp.. any help please?
    test
  16. K_City

K_City K-City da Hustla

i bought cubase 3sx like earlier this year.. I already have reason 3.0 should I rewire reason to cubase... can i even record in cubase 3sx as in production not vocal wise?
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

if u bought reason earlier this year why the hell dont u already know this? ur tellin me u dropped $600 and dont know anything about it. U idiot
    test
  18. K_City

K_City K-City da Hustla

^^ what the FUCK are you talkin about you must can't read! I bought CUBASE earlier this year at a computer show for only $50. Reason 3.0 I do know about I just didn't know if I had the right version of cubase to do that because I was at another site and this guy uses cubase vst and the one i had look different from his so X if you dont wanna answer a question be 21 about it and dont post..thanks
    test
  19. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

Cubase is very versatile and works with most soundcards and audio interfaces.
    In the Cubase main menu: Devices->Device Setup->VST Audiobay->select your usb audio interface here. Once this is done, Cubase will load up with the usb audio interface, unless it not plugged in.

Digga
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

so u bought a $600 piece of software for $50 and they didnt even give u the manual too u could have downloaded both yourself either way its in the cubase manual it has nothing really to do with reason
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.