Got any questions about Cubase? Ask away....

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Ray Digga, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

After the success the Reason thread and the new interest in Cubase, I created this thread to help users improve their knowledge of this program.

There are many versions of this program. The version I will be referencing is 3.1.1.944 or otherwise specified. Those who use Nuendo, feel free to ask questions as well.

Digga
    test
  2. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

*bookmarks thread*

I'm gonna be in serious need of this thread in about a month
    test
  3. Protege_

Protege_ without the underscore

yeah i got one... thanks for this thread.

um, here's the thing... i'm working with a delta 44 soundcard and i'm using sampletank inside cubase sx...

whenever i open up sampletank in cubase it works completely fine. but then when i save the cubase project and open it up again, it says "samplerate could not be set. This may be due to the sampleclock being set to external sync."

now, this used to happen to me before I started using sampletank or even vst instruments, and all i used to do was open the project anyway, then go to Devices ---> Device Setup... ---> VST multitrack, and then i would just switch the ASIO driver from "M-Audio Delta ASIO" to "ASIO multimedia driver" and then switch it back again. then the sound would play again.

but whenever the cubase project i'm trying to open has sampletank loaded in it and i try to do what i usually do, it says "The ASIO driver M-Audio Delta ASIO could not not be initialized!"

please help me out. thanks.
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

great thread digga man
    test
  5. Predator INC

Predator INC New Member

how do i use vsts with cubase and how do i use my waves plugins with it and i have an emu 1212 what settings should i use with cubase
    test
  6. -*Deranged Mind*-

-*Deranged Mind*- got any cheese

test
  7. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

to use vsts..

goto devices.. vst instruments.. then load it up.. and the add midi track.. make sure the source of sound is your vst.. click the tiny lil speaker thatll be gold once u click it.. then record and play..
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

f11 is a vst short cut
    test
  9. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

grouping racks.. how do i get effects to run on all the grouped tracks

everytime i group it and i put the effect on , it doesnt work..

lil help please, thanks.
    test
  10. Protege_

shit, i can't figure it out... i think it could be a compatibility issue between cubase and m-audio delta 44...

screw it... i think i'll just go back to ableton live 5... payce!
    test
  11. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

^^^naw that aint a compatiblity issue, its cause your using the delta as your default sound device...whats happing is the clock source is gettin lockin to some odd sample rate, cause when you play mp3s, or audio form the net, they got weird sample rates that are lockin up the soundcard, so when you open up cubase, its still locked up...
    you can avoid this problem by never setting your soundcard to the default for windows...
    test
  12. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

u mean grouping tracks right? u group tracks for editing purposes, what u need to do is set up a group track in the project, then route all the the other tracks that u want, then insert the fxs on the group track, go to file > add track > group channel. then in your mixer view ull see on teh top of the channel string your ins/outs, this is where u rout the channels you want.
    test
  13. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

rewire is real easy man...what ever program u install the is rewire campatible will be automatically recognized within cubase. if you click on the device menue, youll see them all. when you click on one of them, you see input channels come up for the rewire, its just a matter of enabling them by clickin on the button, first though you need to launch the other app. so this is the process, open cubase, then open the other app, then go to device menue and enable the devices inputs...then your good to go
    test
  14. Protege_

alright, i just did what you said... it works now. thanks man.
    test
  15. Protege_

oh yeah, and i just realized that with ableton live 5 (just like in FL studio), you can't use the same sampletank for all the different midi tracks. instead you gotta keep opening up new sampletanks in each channel and it slows the CPU down.
    test
  16. Protege_

test
  17. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

Great start. Keep the questions coming. Thanks to those who helped answered questions.

Digga
    test
  18. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

I can't even get an Audio signal recorded IN Cubase. I use a Delta 66, and I know it's hooked up right because I can record into Cool Edit or Vegas perfectly

But soon as I use Cubase for the Audio...the shit doesn't pick up any Signal.

The INs on the audio tracks are set to Mono 1 but it goes up to 24. I don't know what soundcard it's using but it's not the delta. But when I go to devices I see the delta... but let me try to make the Delta an Audio driver for a track and it won't come up

wtf?
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

sounds like u didnt press the record button the audio channel itself
    test
  20. Oblivion

Oblivion ^^ Eeek oook

scrap that its started working now lol can you suggest any good VST drum patches for it? i can only see tha LM7 and i don't really like it.. plus i'm not sure how to control tha drums through my midi controller.. so i can assign tha kick/snare/hi hat etc to different keys and play them instead of clicking them in.. sorry if i'm being a total retard lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.