Got any pet peeves regarding the gym?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by INKonspikuouz, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

i never workout at home. i always go to the gym. but there are somethings that piss me off such as waiting around for a piece of equipment. the place i use is quite small and was great for the past few years as not many people used it during off peak times. but now the population of my town has increased so much that it seems like there's no off peak anymore. and there is nothing worse than hanging around going cold when you get a lil skinny dude hogging a bench. i got no problem with the beginner, i applaud them for trying to get into shape and offer tips no problem. but for some reason they piss me off more so than a bigger guy when i go to use something. anyone else ever feel like that? i do be cussing them out in my head.

i also hate when someone steals the free weights on you when you go for some water or a piss and you leave your towel beside them. its clear that you are using them. i dont mind sharing in between sets if they ask. but i hate people who just take them.
    test
  2. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

I work out at a small gym almost accross the street to my house.

no flat screens, no rows and rows of cardio machines, no bullshit, low membership.. I think we have a 300 person total allowed memberships.

they have everything I need as far as equiptment, dumbells, barbells, machines, etc... and It's NEVER crowded when I go... or in general really.. I mean I've had to ask to use a machine if someone was on it, but nothing serious.

my gym is the shit.. low stress.. I just get in the gym and just do my thing, don't really talk to anyone but once in awhile and then get the fuck out.
    test
  3. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

I hate when the gym is crowded as fuck.

I hate when morons do curls in the squat rack.

I hate when people use bad form and act like they are the shit after they finished.

I hate people yapping their head off between sets on their cellphone.
    If you can use a cellphone between sets youre NOT working hard enough dumbass.

People walking slow in front of you.

People taking the machine when your RIGHT about to go get it.

People that HOG up the machines for like 30000 minutes doing 5000 sets of 2 reps.

Stinky/sweaty people.

The dumbasses that only do benching and curls.

The idiots that wear belts and gloves to lift like 15 pounds.

Alot of little shit pisses me off.
    test
  4. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

thats it, let it all out. but word at the cell phones. i hate that shit too.
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

people actually do that shit?

I read that people do that, but I didn't believe it.

damn.
    test
  6. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

^^^...especially the curls in the squat rack.
    test
  7. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

The gym I go to is on base and it's usually pretty quiet when I go. Most people stay on base or local, so they go during the day.

But when I used to go there, at night, the few people who are there would be fucking around. Talking. The minute I walk in right up till the minute I walk out. It's all jokes, they are either finnishing for the day or have to wait and clean up. Either way, all they do is talk and fuck about and Im VERY easily distracted.

So I stay at home. The only time I bother to go there is when I wanna use the bags.
    test
  8. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

People who dont re rack weights.

People who use a machine and leave it for a long time even though their sweaty towel is on it.

Stupid PT's that give people incorrect advice.

Fat people doing crunches thinking they'll get abs.
    test
  9. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

i used to go to the y but they never cleaned the machines
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.