Got a question..?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by J Rocca, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Rocca

J Rocca New Member

I just graduated high school in may, and I'm suppose to be going to college in either August or whenever the spring semester starts. But last night I'm talking to my dad, parents are divorced, and he asks me to come live with him in England. But I have a mother, little brother and sister, and a daughter here so I'm kind of stuck. And on top of that a step father in Iraq so I don't think I could just leave out on my family like that. But its a good oppertunity...what would you do..?
    test
  2. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

If you were supporting your family finacially(sp), then I could see you not going. But if your just there for moral support, then there is a wonderful invention called the telephone. If opportunity knocks, then my suggestion is that you answer the door because it won't always be that way. But there are always other variables to a problem, because family isn't always an anchor to the future, sometimes it's an internal struggle...
    test
  3. Somber

Somber Knowing Passion

I agree with X because if you were supporting your family then it would just be wrong to get up and leave like that. But if you arent and they're dependant on your mother then you should take the chance to see how things will work out with your dad. And if nothing seems to work out over in england then just tell him that you want to come back.
    test
  4. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

Man do what ya wanna do...Man, I didnt really wanna be the one to say this but ...Your brothers and sisterrs and mommy and step daddy, They arent your kids....I mean I understand being there for your family and all of that but you shouldnt have to put your life on hold ot make sure that their str8, They'll function just how they wanna function and they'll get through it ...Even if yuo were there to support them financially why couldnt you get a job in england and kick back some money? It's not even that serious. Do what you wanna do, It's not like you cant hop back on a plane, Your dad wants you there man...Talk about needing to be there for your family well he's your family too. But do what you want and dont base your decision on what you THINK other people want or need....It's an opportunity you'll regret for the rest of your life if you dont go ...I mean sure there's plenty of time to go visit when your older, but your dad gets older as you get older too and he might not be there when your life make's it EASY for you to go see him....Nothing in life is ever easy ...You gotta do what you wanna do, Right now ...and dont wait for life to permit you to go....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.