[Good Work] Everyone Read

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Shadow, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

[​IMG]

Damn good job in the voting this week. It was amazing and awesome to see everyone voting. All open matches had at least 7 votes. Some damn good matches and stories this week as well. Everyone keeps improving and I'm proud of everyone here. Great job everyone and keep up this amazing work!

test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

thanks bromosexual! :)
    test
  3. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

good job setting this up!
    test
  4. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

yes indeedy the voting was great.

its not always easy but its what makes the league live
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Let's do the same this week, yes ?
    test
  6. hindiraphero

hindiraphero New Member

hey all the topical legends please someone make a tutorial for storytelling/topical writing PLEASE
    test
  7. Coup d'état

Step one

-character
    -conflict
    -change
    -resolution
    -profit??????
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

test
  9. Coup d'état

hindiraphero, go look at week 39 magaize...LyricalPresist did a very good segment on the art of story telling. It's pretty insightful
    test
  10. hindiraphero

hindiraphero New Member

you guys are just genious.. What yall got i just can dream.. thanx for all of your responses i'm checking them
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

you'll be there SOON enough Hindiraphero!

trust me! stick at it, it takes years of development.

but it's worth it!
    test
  12. hindiraphero

hindiraphero New Member

thanx a lot lyricalpriest for your straightforward words. i'll always try to look far and forward
    test
  13. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

complacency will kill you. always strive to get better =]
    test
  14. IAmBenT

no doubt hindi,

Organization, detail, metaphors, and conflict, if you are gonna write a story

Topic is a little different, you want to find the kernel of truth, then disguise it so the reader
    learns it and so assimilates it better. it gets deep.
    test
  15. hindiraphero

hindiraphero New Member

thanx for yall's advices. i'll keep them in mind. And i was a bit afraid before asking this silly request but yall responded very gently. No ego at all. I respect you guys.
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

my favorite aspect of the story writing process is the anecdote..

that and always remember a great stories starts

in the end, and then the character takes you to the past to a place that builds up to why they are were they are in the end, it's like a pattern u can create: end / beginning /later on / beg'ending...

and there u have it... that's how one structure is and u go and brain storms the plot of each "chapter" or "transition" and develop from there with ur conflict/resolution etc..

ur respected here as well.. writer's tend to know how to use our words to set an atmosphere. that's why we all came off helpful passionate b/c we respect U.. being an aspiring writer as well
    test
  17. IAmBenT

well yeah i mean bottom line is we all have been terrible at one point or one other, and are just building skills.

what LP describes is kinda like how Fitzgerald would approach his novel writing. pretty cool
    test
  18. hindiraphero

hindiraphero New Member

thank u very much lyricalpriest. Your advice really saved my one year. You gave me 3rd eye and 7th sense lol. But i know i need a lot of eyes and senses.
    I'm a slow learner. Think slow. Response slow. But i never be lazy to show respect. I don't do it intentionally i just can't control. Whenever i see a good word, good words automatically come to my mouth but i take time to make them creative.
    Two nights ago i was very disappointed and messaged this to my 3 of best friends in facebook :
    "i'm really very very much disappointed with myself. i'm reading a lot by the bests but still writing waste. I'm wack. don't try to motivate me coz the truth is i just don't have talent to be a good rapper. i just get hyped"
    I write my rhymes only in hindi(india's national language) this is 3rd year i've been writing rhymes. And my bad luck that i came to know about rap writing techniques like punchlines, storytelling very late. Before this weak i had been trying to improve my punchlines for 3 months but realised that i won't be better on it so now i'm focusing to have storytelling ability and if i wont have this skill too i'll leave rapping forever.
    test
  19. hindiraphero

hindiraphero New Member

*whenever i see a good work*
    test
  20. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

dude, don't be so hard on yourself. three months/ three years... that isn't that long at all, you're not giving yourself enough time to grow... you can't rush these things
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.