GOOD tasting protein bars. Do they exist?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ben Official, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

Man, I went to GNC like 2 months ago and bought a big ass box of some trioplex peanut butter banana, and metrx, and somethin called mass or some shit.

all tasted like absolute fuckin TRASH and i couldnt even fuckin get it in my stomach. for that reason i havent taken the chance and bought any since. that was like 3 full boxes wasted hahaha... very expensive

do yall have experience with some that ACTUALLY taste good?
    test
  2. Smile

Smile New Member

I eat chocolate ones, they taste like ass but yo I eat it anyway.

I drink plenty of water with it.

I don't really mind the taste.

The one's I eat have 36 grams of protein.
    test
  3. CH|CO.

CH|CO. is that chico.

Detour.
    test
  4. Ben Official

i always loved the power bar chocolate but thats not enough protein or calories. the last chocolate one i got from another company tasted like poop with burnt grass on it.
    test
  5. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

tough luck they all taste like crap...they are super chewy too...some guy told me the met rx ones were good i bought one and i couldnt even finish it i had to drink water with it just to get it down...it was so chewy and it tasted like chalk.

the best bet is to make a peanut butter jelly and banana sandwich and eat it as a snack just put it in a sandwich bag and eat it whenever you can buy those velcro lunch bags or bring a lunchpail or cooler with you.
    test
  6. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

Dude....

Detour tastes almost EXACTLY like a Snicker's bar...no shit, it looks just like one....they're pretty damn good...I was eating them like candy bars..and they have about 20-25G of protein, I believe...GET THOSE...

or..

CLIF makes a protein bar called Builder's.....the Peanut Butter or Cookies & Cream ones are the ones I love...the cookies n cream is pretty damn good..

But, I mean..realistically, they're HEALTHY...almost anything healthy DOESN'T taste good.

Get the Detours, they're definitely the best tasting ones I've ever had....kinda expensive, but worth it.
    test
  7. VASHtheSTAMPEDE

VASHtheSTAMPEDE Casting sucha thin shadow

I was wondering the same. Most out there are the worst tasting stuff on earth.
    test
  8. pdawg

pdawg Member

promax bars are dope and taste dope aswell
    test
  9. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

i tried the Pro42, and currently have the Detour Caramel Peanut ones. pro42 doesnt have much sugar but if u dont look at the label, and u just taste it.. it seems like its loaded with PLENTY. it doesnt taste thaaaat good, but it wasnt bad either. it had 42g of protein, so i just ate half of the bar at a time. the Detour is pretty good, but i gotta chug it down with water cuz all of that caramel sticks to my teeth
    test
  10. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

When I buy a protein bar, and I'm going in for that first bite, I'm expecting it to taste like cardboard. You're never let down that way, and sometimes pleasantly surprised. I try different ones all the time I don't really stick to one brand.
    test
  11. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

MetRX and MASS bars

try them.. I dont see how you couldn't like them.
    test
  12. Ben Official

i have MASS bars. they are shit.
    test
  13. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

Ben...get the Clif Builders or Detour, like I previously stated...you won't be let down.
    test
  14. the Prince

the Prince New Member

snickers marathon
    test
  15. VASHtheSTAMPEDE

VASHtheSTAMPEDE Casting sucha thin shadow

I dont know about MASS, but MetRX are horrible...

I just got a 6 pack of detour bars for 5 bucks at wal-mart....

and they're actually pretty good. Ive never been able to eat any other kind, but these i don't mind a bit.
    test
  16. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

detours are pretty good! they are made by the first company to make good tasting whey...designer protien.
    test
  17. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I think it depends on your taste, but I have had 3-4 that were actually good. Most of them are VERY thick and you HAVE to drink something with them, but some do have decent flavor. I forget the company, but it's one I buy from the store at my job...since I am here, I will probably get one in a few hours, so I'll post the company. I saw them on the net for like $24 dollars or so for a box of 12. I know the flavor is yogurt peanut butter or somethin that sounded nasty as hell to me at first, but it has been my favorite so far. And it has 31 grams of protein.

Also...you can't be full at all to eat them. They are easiest to eat when you haven't had a meal in a few hours.
    test
  18. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I just got one...it is made by "Premier nutritio" and it says PROTEIN Yogurt Peanut Crunch (flavored). It isn't that easy to eat just as they all are, but it's tasty to me.
    test
  19. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

This was a couple years ago, I think it was plex that made it but it was the Smores kind..

Them fuckers were good!
    test
  20. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

you mean they are THE shit.

cause they are good as hell.. you picky mother fucker.. it's a protein bar you want it to taste like god damn cake or somthing?

Mass and Metrx are best bars on the market hands down.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.