Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Jun 3, 2011.
Never, stop breeding. The world has far, far too many humans as it is.
Stop talking please...
There's not too many people. Disease keeps us at a stable threshold.
i want to have my first kid in the next 2 years.
That was a truth, before anti-biotics and medications came to prominence. I should think that defeating diseases like small pox and polio was wrong, they helped to balance out the ecosystem and keep human populations in check.
The only hope for the future of mankind is ...
- Reducing worldwide birthrates by economic means. If people cannot afford the children it stands to reason that they would have less, but the third world nations contradict that theory....
- Development of some biological agent(s), make it appear to be a naturally ocurring plague. Plausible, but I don't see that one happening. Too risky.
- Compulsory sterilization for certain individuals. Sure, it's eugenics - but who said eugenics was wrong? The methods of the past were brutal and inhuman, indeed, but today those unfit to breed can be sterilized through a simple cocktail of pill-form medications. Heck, we could even create financial incentives so that certain people will choose sterilization for the short term financial reward.
- Legalization of Euthanasia, well from what I'm reading that's already on it's way. So, bravo.
- Chemical sterilization at birth, breeding requires State license for anti-dote to the sterilization. So, large criminal record = no breeding etc etc.
There are many things that we all can do right now to make sure that we breed intelligently and effectively with as little impact on this small, fragile, Earth as possible... If anything we should have learned the lessons of the past, if all else fails, the populations will always, always, be reduced by war. War or peace? Your choice!
We don't care about the birth rates mk I am having kids when I can support them she was asking what is a good age not about birthrates...
it depends on the maturity of the person.. and how well they understand that parenthood isn't just something that happens when they grow up, its a serious choice. so by that point they would know that they needed to be financially secure as well as emotionally capable of nurturing another human being, i'd say that this happens around the age of 25ish maybe later.. but i also know that women over the age of 40 have a high risk of having children with difficulties (and men's sperm quality is greatly diminished at this age as well), and would recommend before 37 but even then its cutting it close..
lol of course none of that really happens and young people who have no idea how to parent have kids, and women too old take the risk.
true about that ^^
I'm shooting for 27 at the earliest. I would like to have saved up a decent amount and paid off by debts before I start having kids.
I agree with this^. My bf and I had this talk plenty of times. He wants to be married before he leaves for deployment and if he goes active he wants to have kids before. I'll be 26-27 by then. I want to begin raising a family before I'm 30.
I agree with many opinions on here...I don't believe anyone can truely plan and be ready for having kids, but one should try to be stable before doing so, emotionally, financially, etc. I personally would like to start considering a family around 30, if I have the right man in my life.
30+,but Ill probably have them sooner.
If you are a single person you def shouldn't be planning children for a certain age. Because then you may just fall for the wrong person thinking with just one thing in mind. You want to be sure you are with the right person before you start to plan for a family. Lord knows if that relationship doesn't work and there are children involved--it will be hell. My brother inlaw is going through the worst child custody battle I've ever witness anyone going through and it's because the wench had a set age in mind for children. She failed her first marriage of 10yrs and has a child with him. Then got married shortly after had another child (because she was set in her mind to have her 2nd by 30) and is now divorced from him because she's a crazy bitch (her second husband is dating my best friend now haha talk about small world). But she's now planning another baby in the next two years. So I feel bad for the fucker she reels in next and "accidentally" has a baby so he has to marry her or be stuck with her for life.
Choose your partners wisely people.
Separate names with a comma.