Gods in white...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by GaLaTeA, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

About five months ago I experienced some kind of collapse during underwater fishing. It was the first time that I was actually pressed to the point where I thought: "That's it!" Still remember cynical thoughts that echoed in my head while I was suffocating on the rock on which I somehow manged to drag myself to and was coughing up blood. In any case, I tried to laugh. I've read somewhere that if you can't laugh, it's an indisputable sign of a stroke.

Well, the ending was good. Because the cause of the problem was unclear ~ weather it was anything heart, lungs or something else related, and because the people nearest to me started panicking, I spent two days of my life doing something I despised. Instead, I'd very much prefer cleaning drains under the Parliament, I would rather listen to a lecture on the efficiency of public administration, or even attend a Mass, I would rather be eating all vegan meals or ...ok, I went to the doctor.

Doctors are in a way regarded as kind of gods in white. Many people fear them, but are willing to forget the latter in time of need. Although we rarely criticize their professionalism ~ first, because in most cases it's really not necessary, and secondly, because it's really difficult to accumulate competences ~, yet even with the best healthcare available, a million things vexes us.

Have you ever thought why doctors get praised? How have they earned this status? In fact, many among them are poorly organized, often less friendly, less likely to be accurate, reliable and a lot less quick than our mechanics or vulcanizers, but it's still a rarity to see a person sending a doc to hell. With vulcanizers, people tend to not have these concerns ~ if a customer is waiting 15 mins too long they're already hollering on anyone and everyone who're wearing working overalls. Doctors save lives, you might say. And vulcanizers don't?

If a vulcanizer wouldn't properly attach my tire after changing it, it would be safe to assume I'd steer myself to death on a highway. And anyone else with me. How many doctors really save lives, we guess, how many they cluck up, we don't know. When a vulcanizer clucks up, statistics and traceability are easily found. Matter of logic, with it also comes responsibility. However, we're able to sit patiently and quietly in a waiting room. Kind of ironic that the people who increase our time on this planet, don't actually value time. Above all, our time. In such numbers of staff and with their organization and pace of work, any craftsman or entrepreneur would be filing for bankruptcy within a short period of time.

Sadly there's a monstrous world of difference in clinics I've visited abroad. Probably because ex vulcanizers are working there, you might say. If you believe...

I noticed that the management of our public clinics and institutions incredibly in majority consists of doctors. This is probably one of the problems. Health management is too serious a matter to be left to doctors only. Probably. After all, it would be like if chefs ran restaurants, bus drivers driving companies, and police officers actually ran police. Ooops, the hell!? Ok...
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

What the heck is a vulcanizer lol
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

A word used for a person who changes tires.

[​IMG]
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Ohh got ya. learn somethin new everyday.
    test
  5. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

this misc. rant belongs in the Alley right Mods?
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:)

For some reason I simply assumed there was a similar expression for that job description in English, too. :funny:

It went completely over your head. :(
    test
  7. Alias3000

It was a mindless rant, I'm sure it never resonated in yours before you posted it.
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

It went completely over your head. :( (2nd time)
    test
  9. Alias3000

[​IMG]
    test
  10. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

I expected the thread to be about something like this:

[​IMG]
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt