God's Existence = Not Relevant

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by NightmareEx, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Do we have good reason to think there's more to reality than the natural world? If so, I'd love to know.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  2. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

when it comes to the "truth" and human beings, we're nowhere even remotely near able to grasp the basic concepts. how about we stop pretending to?
    test
  3. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Bullshit. You claim to know something for sure when there is no WAY you can know. That makes you a liar.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

U just havent had any experience to contrast. I dont expect u to know. But believe me ull know when u do. By the way not believing the truth makes YOU a liar. And trying to explain it away doesnt make it less real.
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

yes it does
    test
  6. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

what? seriously, what, did you read just the first few and last lines of what i said, i'm basically agreeing with you, wow, i guess you are just trying to argue...silly children

learn the difference between jesus "christ" and jesus of nazareth...one is the concept of the prophecy, and the other is a documented human being who had some good ideas and happened to get shit on for expressing them under such a highly repressive tyranny

the obviousness of a "god" has nothing do with the (non)existence of jesus, or any other religious figures that have or have not been...

science has proven that matter does not get destroyed or created

god is not some bearded man in the shiny mountains
    god is that whatever that sparked the all and then sat silently by to watch it
    test
  7. Fatty Goodness

Fatty Goodness Registered Bruiser

I feel like this is relevant.

test
  8. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

God you're a fucking idiot. But like I said, keep doing what you're doing. It's making your religion look dumber than it already is.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  9. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Not argue with you, no. I was just pointing out how the beliefs you posted clash with one another.

Also, documented human? Such as? There is no solid proof Jesus of Nazareth was ever a human being that walked planet earth. There are NO contemporary accounts of him, and the first Christians didn't even acknowledge him as a historical person.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Ull face it one day as well. Remain oblivious.
    test
  11. breathlesss

Tacitus mentioned Christus, who was put to death by Pontius Pilate...for one...

Tacitus on Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but, here's the most collected amount of them i could find, on ask.com of all places...

this taken from the page

The only non-Christian source is Josephus, but his record is very problematic. The older versions of Josephus, that is those not copied by Christian monks, simply mention him as one of slightly over twenty people claiming to be the messiah that wandered around Palestine at about the same time. It seems that Messiah was sort of a job description, kind of like wandering revival preacher is today. Jesus was in no way unique if Josephus is to be believed, in the older texts. Jesus has the only surviving cult, but was the televangelist of his day.

and, he's even mentioned in Islamic texts

but, the thing i must get across is that it doesn't matter whether a guy named jesus did exist, what matters is that someone or thing, shit, it could've been a talking pig, said some really relevant, outside the box, higher level thinking type of stuff, during a time when nobody else was.

belief OF god does not and should stop being associated with religion...religion is for those who want to believe in god but need someone to tell them how, generally, this means they are weak minded, and they end up getting caught in the rituals and saviors, rather than what actually matters

and the ancient alien thing, for real, explains nearly all fantastical miracles of religion in the form of higher technology being interpreted by the people of the time, and how they were able to express it in relation to their present world

Read: The Disappearance of the Universe and some Sylvia Browne books
    Watch: Zeitgeist and the Ancient Aliens series
    Listen: to the mind you forgot you knew

and use the logic provided in it to deduce what is wrong and what is right out of them all

even our spirits are still trying to figure out what god is,

God is...

and knowing this, makes it irrelevant
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

U are more clueless than i thought. Not only was he a real person but even the records of his enemies verify that not only that he lived but also that he was crucified.
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

+ponchous
    test
  14. breathlesss

i hope you weren't trying to correct the spelling on Pontius...
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

No adding on hense the + sign
    test
  16. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You are a terrible person, you can't stop lying to save your life. There is not ONE contemporary account of Jesus of Nazareth. The first text that mentions him was written in 70AD and everything else mentioned would be after that. Also, there is no enemy attestation of which there probably should have been some if Jewish leaders at the time hated him enough to plot to have him killed. But is there one text of a temple elder complaining about a young man coming in and shaking everything up? Nope.

For Jesus to have done what he did, and nobody to write about him for roughly 40 years is a huge blow to giving Jesus valid historicity. Also the early Christians, being believers would have spread information about Jesus whether he was a real man that lived or not. For instance, Jews who moved to Arabia are the reason that Christ shows up in the Quaran. Not that there is any real record of the man ever walking the earth.

Get the fuck out of here homo.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

test
  18. breathlesss

nightmare, the reason it wasn't actually "written" was because 99% of people back then could not write, that is a historical fact, with an exaggerated statistic mind you. but anyhow, as I've said before, and happened to read today in the beakman and jax comic, that Socrates had also said...

It's not about who said it, it's about what was said

*religion goes awry by focusing on the savior
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.