God's Existence = Not Relevant

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by NightmareEx, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Whenever theists present me with the argument of not being able to substantiate the non existence (or existence) of god, I tell them, they are absolutely right. There is no way I can prove 100% that god is not real. That's not even my position. Luckily, however that doesn't matter much.

My position is this. God cannot be proven false, as a concept, no. However the major monotheistic religions (the Abrahamic ones) have an embarrassing amount of holes in them. Mathematically, historically, logically, geographically and MORALLY, the books are full of inaccuracies. All claiming explicitly or STRONGLY implying infallibility. As such, showing that these texts have (many) faults in them, you can debunk that specific religion or specific representation of god's nature as untrue.

Now, assuming one doesn't go into denial (is often the case), all three major monotheistic religions are known to be false. Now we are left with two things. All of the other world religions, which most of us do not accept, and a deistic version of god.

So we're left with deism. And that means a god may exist somewhere but it is an entity that would never directly interfere with humans and has nothing to do with our ongoing existence.

Once you're left with a vague definition of a god that has no anthropomorphic properties at all, for me we're left with one conclusion.

God isn't worth believing in.

Provided that, deism is the only theistic worldview that's even remotely logical, I can say with confidence that believing in that version of god is a waste of time.
    test
  2. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

The human brain is limited and designed solely for dealing with the problem of survival.

Stop trying to prove or disprove God with the frailty of human logic and just take a leap of faith.
    test
  3. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Step your reading comprehension game up.

You should read the OP again, think just a little harder, and modify your response accordingly.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  4. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

I will always be 15 steps ahead of you.
    test
  5. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You keep telling yourself that, homo.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  6. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

You don't even deserve to discourse with me.

I grew out of your line of thinking 8 years ago.

This is all Super Mario 2 to me.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I'll say this to u like everyone else who's claimed it. Name one thing that can be or has been debunked within the bible.
    test
  8. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

^^^ Embarrassingly ironic.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  9. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Ha....hahahahahahaha.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  10. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

A black atheist.

You grow up in the suburbs, Nightmare?

Loner?
    test
  11. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Watching the manipulators waste months of their time here was fun.
    test
  12. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

No, you don't. You're welcome to keep making baseless assumptions, though. So if you don't have anything more substantial to add to this, take your 8 years ahead-of-me-thinking on somewhere because you're really not worth my time. I've seen progress possible here, so that's where my attention will be directed, not lost causes like you. Adios, loser. Will not be talking again.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You sure that's not LP? I thought it was as soon as he made his first post.
    test
  14. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

First ever double quote?

I just laughed at you before because of how much of a scumbag liar you are for even saying this. You know good and goddamn well what has been debunked in your stupid book. Still though, I will humor you. I expect weak apologetic talking points in response so...go for it.

- Scientific and chronological inaccuracies with creation story
    - validity of Noah's arc story. originality of Noah's arc story (was plagiarized)
    - unrealistic life expectancy (nobody lives to 200, let alone 900)
    - Historicity of Jesus
    - Contradictions in stories ie. same story told in multiple ways (this is especially true in the Gospels)
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  15. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

nearly the whole book. it would take much shorter time to say what is possibily true.
    test
  16. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

compared to when the bible was written u can say the human mind has made creations that would have been considered god like in those time. to consider disproving god impossible due to our human logic's limits is just silly to mi cuz god in my opinion is a man made concept. the different loopholes, complex understandings, etc are all doublethinking, fallacies, and supernatural occurrences which can be explained with nothing more than its god (we are unable to fully understand god's perfect nature as BP puts it)
    test
  17. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Yea, the bible does have things in it are historically accurate. But the details that it contains that are actually accurate, are so MUNDANE, they do nothing for the credibility of the book overall.

It's supposed to (at least in part) chronicle the journey of the Jewish people and it's patriarchs, but it gets something very very wrong about them. There is no evidence AT ALL that the Egyptians ever enslaved the Israelites. That's a big chunk of the story, and for it to be so obvious a work of fiction...
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

How many times you got to question the comprehension of others before you realise the problems closer to home?
    test
  19. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

*realize

This whole section of RM is filled with idiots attempting to troll, but not smart enough to pull off trolling successfully. We need some restrictions for this shit.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  20. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Didn't go for the horrible "you got to" or "problems (is)" but for the correct Anglo spelling.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.