'God Idol' Pre-Audition Examination

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by M-theory, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I feel somewhat moved to re-open the gates to the idea that there might possibly be reason to believe in God. I admit that recently there's been looming above my head a grim reaper of sorts. But it may in fact actually just be Tom Cruise tinkering with my psyche. Seeing five year olds with soothers can really do you in mentally after all. But hey, what do I know about the history of psychiatry?

So... what I mean to say is that I've been rather apathetic, listless, dispirited about the questions that may lead to any thoughtful reconsideration into what God would have me know, and what I should be doing in response.

So here's what I have come up with. In this world we sometimes rely on models, we sometimes rely on perception, our five senses, we rely on facts, and on evidence that is demonstrable to us. Else, we rely on faith, religion, credos, and so. We also rely on constitution or fundamental law, we rely on established laws, and jurisprudence. Moreover, we rely on our education, i.e. wisdom founded on a hopefully working philosophy that has great merit. In all of this, I do not mean to speak categorically in any sense. I think I am me and you are you, but only you are able to tell me what it is that makes you you and vice versa: you, I would hope, rely on me to tell you what makes me me. You may not, and maybe even I may not always have this in mind which would just simply make this untrue at least some of the time.

But God on the other hand, is by definition all knowing and also all powerful. This is based on faith. You may say it is divine wisdom that is sent, but ultimately this is a faith based understanding, for it is by faith that one says one can trust that the wisdom is divine. If you are on board with that, then I wish to tell you about me what faith is in my eyes.

The faith that most religious people I have come across is a leap that is taken to accept something that is unproven, based on my reliance of their explanations of how they practice their faith. You are free to offer an alternative explanation of faith that corresponds to you if you are not of this group. The way I have described faith is not meant to be a diminutive statement however. In fact, I am on the edge of reason and I think that maybe I wish to possibly take this leap of faith on my own accord if this works out. I might attempt to practice faith in whatever way you might explain it if you do not accept the example I have given though.

But there is a bit of a wedge here, see. I just... I don't know why.

This is the examination question:

1. Why should I believe in God?

A bit of a disclaimer: This is all about a leap of faith I am taking. My life, at least for the moment, is left in God's hands so to speak. Of course, I don't what God that's going to be. I've heard people say you should rely on God and not to rely on chance. But here I stand relying on the chance that God will come and take care of things. I don't know which God that is. So that leaves a chance that I may be provided for by a false God, is that correct?

Perhaps it is true that I ought not to rely on chance then. I want the real God to take care of things.

How do I know if the real God is taking care of things? Well, I can't leave it all up to chance. So I think I ought to set a boundary that is easily surpassed by an all knowing, all powerful God. Of course, if there are any false gods that are all knowing and all powerful, then my ultimate doom is just as easily a 50/50 chance that I can't get around.

I could take solace in the fact I would that I would still be limited to the least possible chance of doom, even if that is as much as 50/50. Unless of course there are multiple false gods that are all knowing and all powerful.

And, well... there ARE multiple false gods that are all knowing and all powerful if we're counting every god known to man. Which leaves the chance of doom much higher than the chance of truth. The only ways around this are to say that every all powerful God is the same God (although I don't think that is the case) or we can chalk up all the false Gods as liars who are definitely less powerful that the real God.

I am willing to take that on faith if God exists, if that's what I am supposed to believe of whatever God it is that I believe in. But I still don't know why I should believe.

So this all powerful, all knowing God should now know that I've presented this and should have the power to do something about it. Presumably you are individuals meant to assist in converting people to your faith, correct?

I of course can't impose my own will to believe in God onto your attempt to convert, thus I cannot just simply have faith that whatever you say is true and believe it. I must accept that God will handle this. And it can't be left up to chance, therefore I must give God a way of showing me that I am privy to.

I ask that you answer the question as I asked before Why should I believe in God? I do not know the answer to this question, and you do not know the answer to this question as it is something that only I can know because you rely on me to explain me. I rely on you to explain you. I can't rely on you to explain me though. Only I can explain me. And I've explained me by telling you that I don't know the answer. So it is up to God, as God is all knowing and all powerful where we both fail. But I am willing to take it on faith that God can allow you to answer the question, or to answer it through you in some way... and that God can let me know that you have answered the question but allowing me to know that it is the answer.

You do have the faith to go through with this, don't you?

Once you guys give the answers that you have, we can move forward with the 'God Idol' audition process in which I ask for wisdom and the 'Next Top God' modeling show where we allow Gods real and false to strut their real and fake powers.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Wow. Cant read all that now but ill respond to thebegining. Its not, its the quickening of your spirit to the urgency of your need to find him. In sorts your spirit being convicted by the spirit of God the holy spirit. The best way i can describe another time u may feel it is you know how when you walk into someones house after a big arguement, the spirit of the room? Or perhaps an anxious tension, or a depressing atmosphere ..thats your spirit discerning spirits unlike itself. But stay long enough and ull comfort into that spirit. But If your not careful u can take the spirit that was in the house with u when u leave and end up getting into arguements with your girl all night. Feel that?
    test
  3. Mikaella Ocean

Mikaella Ocean Well-Known Member

religion/bible is just a guide line to a positive way of life.

that's all.

He's not your father, or Jesus father... you need a body and sperm for that. Cool stories tho.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

huh? Didnt get that last part. But theres much more to it than that. Jesus set the standard its our responsibility to move towards that which is a lifetime of clearing out the worldly influences weve been pumped with for 18-24 yrs and replacing all that garbage with the word of God and find the path hes already laid out for us but. "there is a path that seemth right but ultimately leads to destruction.the ways it shows u how to call things that are not as if they were, u can read one scripture and get revelation after revelation about it. Yet its one thing to hear the word, andact on it. God even gives u ways to try him. He challenges u to give and it will be given back100 times, i dare you to do it. Ok look i got enfaith for you both I challenge you to give $20 or 40 2 866 625 7635
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

Not only that but they will pray with you an you target your seed say " i wanna know God personally and so you are trying to step out in faith . Tell them your not really a christian yet but u are trying to trust that God will do what he says in his word if he is the one. An i will even back it up an give you back $30if you dont see a return from it in like 2 weeks max. It could come in the form of promotion, an unexpected source, someone that you dont even know, or really anywhere. even someone that doesnt even like u could put a word for you. Anyway so 30 if u tithe 20 and 50 if you tithe 40 . Then believe if God is real he wouldnt lie an your standing on his promise.
    test
  6. Mikaella Ocean

Mikaella Ocean Well-Known Member

you're fucking mental
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

I'm just issuing a challenge. And backing it up by saying if u don't receive a return ill pay u both myself. This was actually to mo tho since hes looking to see something supernatural. A hundred fold return being one.
    test
  8. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

obviously i can't really give much insight as to why you should believe in god, but i do find this question interesting

have you ever read any joseph campbell before? he details a lot of what in his view is the psychological relevance of the world's myths.. admittedly not all the worlds myths but a few different kinds and showed how in each case there was a journey involving a quest where some hero departs to unlock something sacred, bring it back to humanity and redeem some kind of unimaginable ill. they relate parts of the myths to patients dreams and show how they connect.

http://0775776.student.wdka.nl/herothousandfaces.pdf
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

also, myths and rituals or rites of passage were/are important to deal with some natural but awkward human transitions and the buried psychological issues that inevitably come out of them.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Worldly wisdom just umakes u an intelligent unspiritual fool.
    test
  11. Froggie Fresh

Froggie Fresh THe Elite of Times!

co-sign
    test
  12. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

there's more to spirituality than just literally believing in spirits. spirituality is something that all humans possess whether they know it or not. either through the world's myths or personal ones.
    but if by 'unspiritual' you mean i'm not christian and i don't believe what i hear in ghost stories then yea you got me there
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Your right but spiritual knowledge as with worldly knowledge is necessary for rounded understanding. Otherwise like u said if I say spiritual u think ghost or spirits. Theres more to it than that , like spiritual laws, spiritual anointing, spiritual warfare....etc
    test
  14. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

well for someone like me a book like this actually poses to increase "spiritual knowledge" since the symbolic spirituality of man is its main theme.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

True. It says my people are destroyed by lack of knowledge but its not referring to worldly knowledge. So it is important
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.