God/Free will believers.

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Murderous Keys, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murderous Keys

Murderous Keys All's well that ends

One of my favorite discussions is that of those (me) who believe in God and free will, but yet we still think God knows what we are going to do and what choices we are going to make.

Wouldn't that contradict Free will and insinuate we are actually puppets on a long string?

I'd like to think not, but I'm a logical thinker and this discussion always left me with more questions than answer along with giving my faith doubts.

Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Tho he may know the choices u inevidably may make he still will go through a lot of trouble to send witnesses and guidance to u so hopefully u make the right decision when it comes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

God doesnt want to have to force people to follow him. He want a personal relationship with u, but when u understand everything hes actually saved us from u will want to anyways.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. Murderous Keys

I indeed understand that, but if he knows "inevitably" what choices we are already are going to make then one can argue that we were created with that blue print already designed in our life which again defeats free will.

Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

Everyone IS predispositioned for whatever our genes carry thats tru. Some may have addiction problems some may have gay tendencies. Everyone has something. Hes asking u to give up ur will and ur strength cus we aint strong enuff to do it ourselves. He wants us to acknowledge that, give it all to him, and let him direct your path. Because ultimately he knows the successful way out.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Murderous Keys

Yes, But again At the end of the day he knows if we are going to do that or not.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

i think our destiny is ultimately in our hands. If it wasnt God couldnt judge our actions. Just cus he may know doesnt mean he cant try an change it. God knew there was infirmity in lucifer, he gave him a few chances to obey b4 castin him out.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. Murderous Keys

I Understand, But it still doesn't make sense.

If you knows what's going to help at the end, why would he try to change it?

..Look I Believe just the same, but when I get into this debate with nonbelievers they make good points which I can’t rebuttal besides saying my faith is what makes me know.
    test
  9. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

every follower of any religion that believes god has given them free will has asked themselves this, more than once in their life-time. guaranteed.

the best answer i've ever read on this discussion is - "god has given us the ink, it is up to us to write our destiny" - iqbal (founder/poet that created the thought of pakistan).

i can elaborate with stories, but will leave it at that ...

[turn] ...
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

I like that^. God put a yearning in out heart to search for him. Its in our nature, an those that searc out that nature very well may find him
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

jusr because god know's what our destiny hold's for us, doesn't mean we don't have free will.. he knows we are going to make "said" mistake, yet we have the free will to avoid it.

god gives us the power of free will, and we call it control.. well.. he is omnipotent. so he doesn't have to align with any pre conceived notation. we made about him.
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

look, the experiences we have help determine what we become. Say u were a herroin addict for 15 years u have a testimony of God bringing u out of that when your witnessing to people. No matter what ur doing good or bad is a chance to reach someone ordinarily wouldnt have been possibe.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.