"God doesn't believe in atheists"

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by UG MC, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UG MC

UG MC Captain Zapp Brannagin

http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=104

The Atheist Test
    I don't believe in atheists. This isn't because I haven't met people who claim the title, but because such a person cannot be. Let's imagine that you are a professing atheist. I will ask you two questions: First, do you know the combined weight of all the sand on all the beaches of Hawaii? I think I can safely assume that you don't. This brings us to the second question: Do you know how many hairs are on the back of a fully grown male Tibetan yak? Probably not. I think, therefore, that it is reasonable for me to conclude that there are some things you don't know. It is important to ask these questions because there are some people who think they know everything.

Let's say that you know an incredible one percent of all the knowledge in the universe. To know 100 percent, you would have to know everything. There wouldn't be a rock in the universe that you would not be intimately familiar with, or a grain of sand that you would not be aware of. You would know everything that has happened in history, from that which is common knowledge to the minor details of the secret love life of Napoleon's great-grandmother's black cat's fleas. You would know every hair of every head, and every thought of every heart. All history would be laid out before you, because you would be omniscient (all-knowing).

Bear in mind that one of the greatest scientists who ever lived, Thomas Edison, said, "We do not know a millionth of one percent about anything." Let me repeat: Let's say that you have an incredible one percent of all the knowledge in the universe. Would it be possible, in the ninety-nine percent of the knowledge that you haven't yet come across, that there might be ample evidence to prove the existence of God? If you are reasonable, you will be forced to admit that it is possible. Somewhere, in the knowledge you haven't yet discovered, there could be enough evidence to prove that God does exist.

Let's look at the same thought from another angle. If I were to make an absolute statement such as, "There is no gold in China," what is needed for that statement to be proven true? I need absolute or total knowledge. I need to have information that there is no gold in any rock, in any river, in the ground, in any store, in any ring, or in any mouth (gold filling) in China. If there is one speck of gold in China, then my statement is false and I have no basis for it. I need absolute knowledge before I can make an absolute statement. Conversely, for me to say, "There is gold in China," I don't need to have all knowledge. I just need to have seen a speck of gold in the country, and the statement is then true.

To say categorically, "There is no God," is to make an absolute statement. For the statement to be true, I must know for certain that there is no God in the entire universe. No human being has all knowledge. Therefore, none of us is able to truthfully make this assertion.

If you insist upon disbelief in God, what you must say is, "Having the limited knowledge I have at present, I believe that there is no God." Owing to a lack of knowledge on your part, you don't know if God exists. So, in the strict sense of the word, you cannot be an atheist. The only true qualifier for the title is the One who has absolute knowledge, and why on earth would God want to deny His own existence?

The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an "agnostic"--one who claims he "doesn't know" if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is "ignoramus." The Bible tells us that this ignorance is "willful" (Psalm 10:4). It's not that a person can't find God, but that he won't. It has been rightly said that the "atheist" can't find God for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.

It is said that Mussolini (the Italian dictator), once stood on a pinnacle and cried, "'God, if you are there, strike me dead!" When God didn't immediately bow to his dictates, Mussolini then concluded that there was no God. However, his prayer was answered some time later.
    test
  2. j deazy

j deazy DAT_NICCA_MOOSE swallows

seriously??? that is some major weak shit...

so assuming that this is your position you automatically believe in anything i can come up with because there is no way for you to disprove it... so santa is real to you... the toanisians that cause cinnamon toast crunch to be crunchy also exist... basically this is like saying "you can't prove my imaginary friend doesn't exist therefore he exists" thats a huge logical fallacy... now obviously you wouldn't care if it follows any logic as long as you can prance around claiming that you are the heir to divine knowledge

damn... this is just a god of the gaps argument... and what the fuck would it matter that mussolini fell dead?? thats what humans do eventually... die... thats like wishing someone dead and then 60 years later being amazed with your awesome power... fucking lame... seriously what mind does this argument work in??
    test
  3. UG MC

wow @ your arrogants

I have one question for you.. are you a good person?
    test
  4. j deazy

i'm a very good person... and i know what you are doing... you are going down the road that kirk cameron and ray comfort love to roam... your next questions go something like 'have you ever lied? even a small lie' 'have you ever stolen'

please don't try to follow ray comfort and his banana bullshit...

so i'm interested in your evidence for a deity... go ahead and choose any deity and prove them... this could be really interesting...

i look forward to your response
    test
  5. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

And make sure you say "Having the limited knowledge I have at the present" before you say that you believe in that God.
    test
  6. UG MC

^^ faith isn't intellectual.. You can believe in a lot of things.. you people obviously put a lot of belief in your own strength,abilities, etc.

I'm surprised that you heard about them... J deazy

wow @ your self righteousnous.. what makes you a 'very good' person( Not just a 'good' person or even just a decent person)

btw you are a liar, and a thief, and much more that that... yet your not just a good person but a VERY good person... atleast, in your OWN eyes..

I dont have any physical evidence, just personal experience
    test
  7. MrFrosty

MrFrosty hack the streets

are you talking about the sand on the land, or under the water in Hawaii? And I believe the hair on a yak would vary between yaks.

I am an atheist and I don't believe that I know everything. I simply don't believe in any god. This is just my belief. I don't force it upon anyone, and I wouldn't expect anyone to force their beliefs upon me.

To say that you don't believe in atheists is ridiculous. Just because a person doesn't know something for a fact, doesn't conclude that they can't believe it. This is the same reason for why you might believe in God. You do not know that He exists, yet you believe.

I haven't acquired this "faith" that seems to be the argument for why God exists (if that made any sense). My beliefs may change, but I am an atheist for now. This was an interesting post though. I'd like to see what more people have to say.
    test
  8. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

What the fuck happened to the Spec?
    test
  9. UG MC

Faith is not just important, it's vital. If you don't believe in Gods' words, your basically calling God a liar.

It is written that no one looks for God. So even so called 'Christians' have problems gaining salvation... because they don't put God first and lack faith. Many say that they 'believe', but a lot of times, they are just hearers of the Word and not doers of it.
    test
  10. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

God didn't write the bible.

End of story.
    test
  11. KingMenace

KingMenace YOU MAD.

I don't see how rebutting your argument makes him arrogant, or a bad person. It just shows how people like you can be proven wrong and not think anything of it.
    test
  12. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

LOL@ arrogants

Can't believe I missed that.
    test
  13. UG MC

I'm not calling him arrogant because he 'rebutted' my arguement.. I'm calling him arrogant because in his almost complete ignorance, he called God my "Imaginary" friend.....

and its not that he's a bad person, although he is.. Its that no ones good, except One. We all fall short of goodness on our own.
    test
  14. UG MC

ok.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"
    test
  15. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

All I'm seeing is more and more words authored by MEN.

Not impressed.
    test
  16. UG MC

^^I think it's pretty simple... you either believe biblical truths and see the inspiration BEHIND it... and then understanding it spiritually... or your a slave to the world and because of your carnal nature you can only see biblical truth in a natural way.. then you come on Rapmusic and say things like ' God didn't write the bible. End of Story"

Oh ye of little faith.
    test
  17. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I think it's very simple, you either realize the Hebrews in captivity stole ancient stories and put their own spin on it, or you truly believe God spoke to a few guys:screwy:
    test
  18. j deazy

i know that it is suprising to you that an atheist could have some idea on world religions and the people that support said religions but there are a lot of us out there... and to top that off i am also an ordained minister..

i have to run but i will type more when i get a chance
    test
  19. UG MC

^^an ordained minister? I can believe it...

Joel Osteen, Benny Hill, Kenneth Copeland etc.

Matthew 7:21
    "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven"

And

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. "

In my oppinion, you have been producing bad fruit thusfar.

And please don't assume what surprises me.

I used to dabble in those theories before I fell under the annointing... But like the Apostle Paul before me.. I saw the light and repented of my ways

Oh ye of little faith
    test
  20. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

You're a fucking moron
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.