God a jealous God? God a hateful God

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

umm i kno im biased but i sorta agree that if one doesnt agree with the truth one is a liar.. it's mathmatic too me
    test
  2. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Yea but it's stupid to put a claim on the word truth when nothing about your fucking religion can be verified, requiring vast amounts of blind faith to believe any of it. Automatically calling it "the truth" is disingenuous, arrogant, and retarded.
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

here we go again with the "cant claim it's true" comments.. bro if u really knew what u were talking about u wouldn't say that at all.. iah the bible predicts and claims things that aren't fallible and more credible then science it's self at times at other times its really vague and hard to interpret.. for instance, i find it really odd how our pass over's day of atonements and year of jubilees have always fell on days that there is lunar and solar eclipses.. and it mentions that the moon would turn to blood and the sun would turn into a black hole blazay blazay.. how did they predict that and match that up 2000+ years down the road? mathmatics my bra mathmatics.. it's all a design..
    test
  4. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

the bible doesn't predict or claim shit. All the bible does is take information that people had already figured out.

Nobody points out something in the bible that hadn't been said before.
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

test
  6. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Incorrect.

Stop lying to people, and most importantly stop lying to yourself. That's not a good look.
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

trust me.. im not the one that is lying. when i say god is good that is not a lie when i say god is peace that is not a lie when i say god is love that is not a lie... aside from MAN committing unatural acts against the natural laws of nature GOD is turth.. MEN are lies.. denial is the symptoms of an addict.. your addicted too perverting the word and wisdom of god.. that is not a good look.. please believe it..

"love ur neighbor as u love ur self"
    "obey ur parents"
    "love ur wife like christ loved the church"
    "thou shall not kill"

please tell me how any of those sayngs are a lie or decieving or unhealthy for mankind..

and i will STOP believing in god right now..
    test
  8. KoolHerc

KoolHerc New Member

Well this is a rather depressing thread. It is such a shame that parents are allowed to inject this virus into children before they reach an age to think for themselves. If your parents taught you a giant orange was the creator of the universe every day from when you were born, then by the time you were old enough you would be worshipping a giant orange. You would never doubt that orange. It gives you the answers you want. The great book of the orange teaches you everything else you need to know. All the great things the orange said and done. It made you a more noble man spending your life worshipping an orange.

If 1000 years ago people decided "God" was a massive orange. You would be worshipping an orange now. It is simple psychology. Religion is invented to answer the unanswerable.

Maybe your God is a massive orange, do you have any proof that it is not? No, neither do you have proof for anything else... You know what does have proof, and basis everything on proof?

Science.
    test
  9. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

You guys dont know God, no human KNOWS, so a discussion is pointless. How about understanding my philosophy?:

Energy (life) needs (in example a battery) positive and negative poles activated. Which means you cant have life or energy without the yin and the yang. All humans have good and evil in them (we ate from the tree if you need a childhood story as a referance point), so we choose ourselves to follow the narrow road and be good (good karma without wanting anything back, not being selfish, apathetic, jealous, greedy and so on, you know, not doing it the american way LOL), thus creating positive energy. Or you can do the easy way and work to serve yourself (Capitalism and materialistic gain in nonethical ways, killing, stealing, raping and so on, or just not caring for other people and doing something to make life better for other people). Most people try to balance their needs with the needs of other people, but most will agree modern society is all about going for self. So if you believe God is everything, you believe in the collective subconsciousness and how everything we do affects the universe. NOW you understand why there is so much shit in our world. Has nothing to do with God, he doesnt interfere, BECAUSE if he did, we wouldnt learn, we wouldnt evolve, develop, and most of all we wouldnt know the right way if we didnt know the wrong. So I could be evil if I wanted to, but self dicipline and principals make me strong enough to go the other way (probably why Jesus was made into a character you should look up to). And if any of you understood the story of Jesus, he was a revolutionary who wanted to end the injustice of how the government was mistreating slaves and protesting against the hierarchical system by saying all man is equal. This was a threat to the system so they manipulated the peoples opinion through priests (like media and politicians today) and made the people execute their own liberator. What is sick is that the same system and government exists today, and you ARE its slaves, but the sickest thing is that they use the name of this revolutionary to be able to kill for Gold Oil and Drugs (GOD). Wake up yo.

So think for yourself, put away any preconceptions of existence and develop your own so you wont be a slave.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

How would you know what every human knows or not. I do believe in a collective subconscious.
    test
  11. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Any of these look peaceful?
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

NOW you understand why there is so much shit in our world. Has nothing to do with God, he doesnt interfere, BECAUSE if he did, we wouldnt learn, we wouldnt evolve, develop, and most of all we wouldnt know the right way if we didnt know the wrong. So I could be evil if I wanted to, but self dicipline and principals make me strong enough to go the other way (probably why Jesus was made into a character you should look up to). And if any of you understood the story of Jesus, he was a revolutionary who wanted to end the injustice of how the government was mistreating slaves and protesting against the hierarchical system by saying all man is equal. This was a threat to the system so they manipulated the peoples opinion through priests (like media and politicians today) and made the people execute their own liberator. What is sick is that the same system and government exists today, and you ARE its slaves, but the sickest thing is that they use the name of this revolutionary to be able to kill for Gold Oil and Drugs (GOD). Wake up yo.

- now that was worded perfectly!!!
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

Your jnot gettin the point Jesus came to re-write the LAW of man.. all that was changed... NOW that said i do believe god will judge those sin being judged in the old testamant's verses more harshly then being put to death but it wont be gods doing it will be their own.. :)

u think rapist and murderers should be treated with dignity then eat a dick..
    :) AND REMEMBER WHILE UR EATING IT JESUS LOVES YOU!
    test
  14. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

When did I say that? Did you even read what I posted? The bible clearly says to kill gays, people who believe in other religions or don't do what a priest says. How is that peaceful?
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

THAT'S NOT GOD TELLING THEM THAT'S A CRAZY AUTHOR. we use the old testament to set up the new testament... we rid the laws of those crazy things.. obviously.

and i c nothing wrong with gay murder and what have you imo.. :funny:
    test
  16. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

'Cus hate crime's are awesome.

Idiot.
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

thats actually right. but not the way u intended
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

You must have missed my class that day
    To evaluate any biblical passage correctly, we must consider the context in both the text and the culture. This section of Deuteronomy contains a number of laws given by God to provide for justice and order in an already-existing society rife with both legal and illegal forms of injustice. This society was supposed to become a theocracy, and the nation through which God would preserve His Word and send the Savior. Many of these laws protected people from overzealous punishment or other abuses by those who were hard-hearted (so described by Jesus in Matthew 19:8). For instance, unwanted wives were protected from brutality, whole villages were protected from genocidal retaliation, and inheritance rights of females and disliked male heirs were guarded. Capital punishment was designated for certain crimes, but multiple witnesses were required for a conviction (Deuteronomy 17:6). In the instance described here, parents were empowered to bring a son who remained a “stubborn and rebellious,” gluttonous drunkard to the bar of justice, which consisted of the elders of his city at the gate. There, his case would be publicly tried, and if he was found guilty, he would be executed by stoning, the same method of execution used for other capital crimes. The passage goes on to describe the public display of executed criminals by hanging the body on a tree, such as was done in many countries in our Western world for centuries. However, unlike the cases in European history, the Bible limits the visual deterrent until sundown, saying “he that is hanged is accursed of God” but burying him at the end of the day. Let us take note of what abuses this particular passage actually protects people from. While providing a way to rid Israel, a theocracy from its inception, of the criminal excesses which would inevitably spread to others, the law actually protected individuals from injustice and did not prohibit mercy. Like many societies of the time, Israel had a patriarchal society. In such societies, the word of the father in the family was law. Thanks to this law in Deuteronomy, a father who was displeased with his son—whether justly or unjustly—could not simply kill him himself. Previous verses had already made it impossible to disinherit an unfavored son (Deuteronomy 21:15–17), and now these verses essentially guaranteed due process of law to protect the rights of the accused son. The trial was to be held in the city of the accused, where the trustworthiness of the parents and the son’s own character were likely to be well-known. Since capital crimes required the testimony of two or three witnesses for a conviction, the word of the father would be insufficient. (According to Matthew 26:59–61, even the prosecutors at Jesus’ trial tried in vain to find trustworthy witnesses who would tell the same story! 1 ) The parents’ own responsibility in the upbringing of this defendant could be called into question, as the verses specify the son must have proven himself unresponsive to chastening. 2 The charges here are not trivial. We tend to use some of these words lightly, thinking of a glutton, for instance, as someone with a weakness for pizza and chocolate, a stubborn son as a child having a tantrum, and a rebellious son as a teenager pouting and spouting off about being grounded. But a close look at the context and the words used imply an individual with a persistent and well-established character of vile immorality, uncontrollable excess, and bitterness. Believe it or not, it’s not as if God’s chosen people were looking for reasons to put people to death. For example, in the New Testament, Joseph, prior to an angelic visit, thought Mary had become pregnant through impurity, and would have been thus justified in having her stoned; however, he planned to handle the matter quietly and mercifully. In the Old Testament, God Himself extended mercy to King David after he committed adultery and murder—both capital crimes. The parents in the Deuteronomy case could keep trying to chasten their prodigal. In fact, even though the Old Testament does contain examples of people who committed capital crimes and were executed—such as two citizens who deliberately violated two of the ten commandments shortly after they were given 3 , as well as various types of treasonous behavior 4 —we don’t have any biblically recorded examples of this sort of case being tried and executed. Given all the Bible’s examples of the law being enforced to its fullest extent, the absence of any recorded Old Testament examples of this case is telling. Well, actually, although the Old Testament doesn’t contain any examples of this “horrific” penalty being carried out, the New Testament does. 5 Consider that the Bible makes it quite clear that all of us have sinned (Romans 3:23) and that when we break even one of God’s laws, we are as guilty as if we have broken them all (James 2:10). Romans chapter 3 is particularly uncomplimentary to us humans as it describes our mouths full of deceit, bitterness, cursing, and death, and our actions full of destruction and misery, concluding that “all the world” is guilty before God. In fact, we carry our propensity to sin from the moment of our conception (Psalm 51:5)! Romans chapter 5 explains that since the time of Adam’s sin, death has been the destiny of all human beings because all humans since then have been sinful. (Romans 5:12-21).
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

Try taking a sentence out of a science book like u did the verses, and not even from the begining. Would u understand anything about the original topic. I mean seriously u wouldnt do that when attempting to learn ANYTHING else, so why do u do it and defend it just cus the topic is religion. Yall are smarter than that id hope.
    test
  20. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

I'm not reading a massive wall of text. If you took a random sentence from a science book, it wouldn't say to kill people over nothing. How is the context going to change anything. Unless the words before are "Ignore this next bit it's for the idiots:", it's still saying to murder people over being gay or having different beliefs. How should the culture at the time affect what is morally right and wrong? As though people haven't carried out what's said that recently? You realize how much religious/homophobic hate crime is caused by the bible? You're an idiot.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.