GOAT Gets Screwed; IV's Reign??? - RSTL TRIBUNE

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by TeKneeK, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

I will NOT be on all week starting Sunday as I go get my computer replaced... there may NOT be a magazine so I wanted to remind you on that. CAMBER may be left to takeover as well as IV helping out... but only for next week. I had no access to using FRONTPAGE in getting the website up so I'm throwing everything here in one thread for you all... ENJOY!

THE RSTL TRIBUNE

TEK’S CORNER
    By TeKneeK

With the 2003 2nd Annual RSTL Tournament coming... there will be alot of things happening for each of the mods, and I am prepared to make the proper adjustments necessary for this to happen by doing the 1st thing... finding a MOD! Without OMEN'S return, I cannot function the tourney on a consistent basis and am going to speak to Jeff shortly on getting a replacement, however be warned that only the EXISTENT mods are going to be first priority in getting the job!! - If worst comes to worst, I will be in need of a moderator so for those itching and hungry for that... stay tuned the next couple weeks and hope that it comes to your favor.

In other news, next week – SIGNUPS for the RSTL TOURNEY 2 will be posted and only the 1st 64 names will be accepted. There also will be another tournament of sorts happening come Thanksgiving 2003 and more will be posted on that in weeks to come.

If you have any questions and/or information on wanting to do something for this, get at me on taesheek@hotmail.com or to hit me up on AIM: Tonguecancer. Thanks and enjoy!

TOP 10 POWER RANKINGS
    By TeKneeK

1. InsaneVillian
    So if IV beats Peril's record, will that be an asterisk by his name if he beats 2 more opponents?? - Or will the NS win from Black Jesus be disregarded and IV finally get his proper respect? One thing is for sure, he might've won if BJ did show up... his wins are racking up rapidly and many non-believers are beginning to 2nd look at him now... I know I am.

2. Dahlohner
    The man that IV beat the last time these two met in a title match may happen... IV vs DL 3???? --- This one will be more sweeter than before! DL needs to win this week for 1 vs 2 to happen!!!!

3. DMeTRIUS
    Put an asterisk next to his name... he is deserving of his props and the wins he's got, but he did NOT win that match against Jowelz... NO WAY.

4. Jowelz
    The goat was plain out cheated and is not to be falling out of the top 5 as long as he doesn't lose this week. I look to see IV vs GOAT before tournament time.. otherwise we may not let that take place till October!

5. Stony
    Lucky call on RICHARD COREY failling to post 6 votes on his match... allows STONY to face DL this week... his ultimate test is now... but if anyone STONY is capable of bringing the upset!

6. Cigma
    The last time Cig was close to the top, he dropped a verse that was NON-POETIC in its format... and it was a bombdroppin verse. Will he bring that same style and fire???? I hope so, it can bring him the title belt!

7. Insolense
    When you lose a match and fall in the rankings, you win and handle your business and get back into the chase once more... Insolense epitomizes that and is in my opinion going to be champ after the tourney is over and RSTL is back in full swing!

8. Atheist
    The nonbeliever is back and warming up his writing to prepare for the tourney. Speculation is that he's in training and already focused to bring it in the tourney... but is he capable of being good enough to go far?????

9. Shock
    Shock, the newest sensation to the RSTL... the talker... the yapper and the writer.... he's outspoken and he's feisty... and he also looks focused to go all the way..... but time awaits for his destiny!

10. Prophetional
    Prophetional is back, and back in the right time.... already he's in the power rankings and with the tourney weeks away, this may be the right time for him to develop his skills.
    test
  2. TeKneeK

ABSOLUTE ROBBERY: THE GOAT GETS SCREWED!
    By TeKneeK

If the RSTL had to continuously lay the dagger on anyone in the league that suffers a screwjob the most, it had to be JOWELZ. The countless and continuous biased voting that does NOT favor JOWELZ is getting out of control.

Let me start by saying that DMETRIUS is a well written storywriter. And for him to get this win over JOWELZ is absolutely preposterous. Come on, --- do you seriously think that the best DEMETRIUS brings can actually beat what IV brings in a rhyme in mediocrity. Let’s be realistic here! – JOWELZ vs IV is more of a publicity match and a MUST-SEE event to happen in the RSTL… but it didn’t happen! The fact that the readers who voted in this DEM vs GOAT match plain did not want this to occur.. and for what reason.. I have no idea… and now the gloomy and unamusing contest of IV vs DEMETRIUS is just another match. Hell, IV had even told me himself that IV vs JOWELZ would’ve been probably the best match of 2003 up to date. And for IV.. he lucked out! – IV knows that him against GOAT woulda been the best thing to happen to the RSTL. IV knows that his most feared opponent woulda been the GOAT in his way up to the title match. IV knows that his match this week is indeed a downer providing his ‘boring stay’ at the top which he has quoted to say is very tiresome and is sick of winning all the time. Now that is saying much. I just had a brief conversation with IV and he told me a lot of feistyness and even some fear would have come if JOWELZ had won this. IV had even cheered and jumped for joy when he learned that JOWELZ had lost to DEMETRIUS… so what does that mean? – IV fears JOWELZ! – When youre happy that an opponent you been rivaling who hates your guts the most is coming at you and falls short of meeting you in a match that is as important as anything else in the RSTL… you know that hesitance in you exists deep down inside.

But back to JOWELZ… when I saw the final tallies and details of this match against DEMETRIUS… I was sick to my stomach!!! – What a despicable display of voting by these RSTL folks. You know, I really am contemplating doing a very drastic change in the voting due to some favortism and gut feelings about certain individuals due to being biased. If you seriously believed that JOWELZ had lost that story match, you’re smoking crack and basically are more blind than I am with thong straps covering my ²²²²²² eyes!!! – That Sept 11 story by JOWELZ was a story so well told.. so well described, so well detailed… yet it loses to just another poetry-like rhyme from DEMETRIUS.

Get real people. You screwed JOWELZ and you know it! You hate him cus of your own personal biased reasons! – If not that, then you voted against him because his story was too predictable to know what happens at the end… WHAT A BUNCH OF CROCK! – The art of storytelling is to present and describe a story thru ur own eyes and depict in its best presence. There was 2 different situations being brought up here… 1---JOWELZ was storytelling a piece from the past.. something that happened already, which already lets you know the end result of a piece. 2--- DEMETRIUS told a story that is unevented from what we don’t know that happens and he tells his story in the end result of what happens leaving us guessing what happens… YES D gets the edge on the chance that he can make a good ending or a WOW ending to a rhyme but to utilize that just to say he wins over JOWELZ is downright STUPID!!!!

If you people can’t recognize that JOWELZ storytelling and his specificity is better than DEMETRIUS, than you should NOT be voters at all!!!! – How blind are you to NOT see the Smoothness and the wellness of how GOAT writes… don’t you guys see that similarity in his and AWEDISHIN’S??? – It’s why I declare them two my most favorite storytellers because they know how to detail and attribute a photographic scenery into words… that’s what always puts these two both JOWELZ and AWEDISHIN on others 1ST hand!!!!--- This has nothing to do with biased or dickryding issues whatsoever!!!!!

Already, the voters who voted for DEMETRIUS will think that I’m coattailing JOWELZ due to the constant praise I give him. AND??????? --- I have evidence and good reason to posterize his name because he exemplifies the true art of depicting and detailing a story… it’s a major significance to possess when that element of writing a rhyme is completed and masterfully shown.

DEMETRIUS is a great writer… and he’s had some nice skills in doing what JOWELZ masters… the way he gets criteeked is what’s questioned and in my judgment… I see several bits and pieces of flaws that need to be corrected. An awesome DEMETRIUS rhyme CANNOT beat a ‘rather-good’ IV rhyme.

The outcome of this was undeserving, uncalled for, and uninspiring to those who voted for DEMETRIUS. It should be something readers wanna see… a true match… IV vs JOWELZ…. But what happens?

We end up with yet another week of IV yawning his way to another win….

And The GOAT screwed over!

THE ONES TO WATCH FOR
    By ??????

Tek turned to me one day and asked if i would do this shit, i refused profusely. Then i remembered, he's in charge of the tourney. I better get a good seed for this damn it. Anyways, these are the ones to watch, at least in my eyes. And my eyes see 3 people, which would be 2 eyes per person and 6 overrall...fuck it, just look who i picked.

Axcent - lost a heartbreaker of a match against Dahloner last week. He came head first to a verse that was near flawless. Forget mentioning him as underrated, he's got 30 wins under his fuckin belt. How can you deny him from the top ten, thats like denying gravity. A very skilled writer in all aspects, and he's only ranked 12th.

Richard Corey - has gotta be pist off after getting his first loss last week. I expect him to come out swinging after how he fell from the #1 contendership match to #14. RC brings a unique style compared to all other competitors which provides a smooth flow and a poetic vibe that pushes the readers to think. I see no variable flaw he brings to the table; imagery, wordplay, creativity. He's a great writer and will make his way to the championship match...or perhaps the title.

Life Support - while being a lil further back than the other 2, is still one of my favs. i expect him to jump into the top ten faster than a crackhead on a half bar of soap. His rhyme scheme and wordplay is his strong suit. A creative writer with terrific twists, itll be rare to see his name outside the top ten list.

For those of you wanting more people to watch out for, then watch out for magic johnson, prophetional and tha talent.

But lets be serious, most of you could care less who i percieve to be the next batch of people to crash the top ten party. So go back to getting drunk and stoned, and go write some fuckin stories. I dont know how to end this fuckin shit...fuck it. Im done.
    test
  3. TeKneeK

RSTL TOURNEY: WHAT TO SEE
    By Cigma

The upcoming RSTL Tourney will be the all star game of the year. I haven’t really thought about it much – but it’s in the back of my mind. Being an avid procrastinator – I’ll worry about it later. But I have wondered who I’ll get an opportunity to face, who might give me problems – and of course, who I’d love to crush. Hopefully all the best from the year will make an appearance; it just wouldn’t be legit if the big boys didn’t come out to play. You know the names…

IV – There’s no doubt about it, he’s on fire. He’s strung together an impressive (would have been more had Black Jesus shown) amount of victories in bid to set the record of most straight wins. Story telling, wordplay with plenty of multis, and a twist make him pretty lethal. The question is – will he burn out before the tourney even starts. Coming week after week with hot verses will definitely tax your creativity…

Jowelz – He can straight write. His flow is always on – and has the capacity to really put you in a story. His topicals are also on point and clever. He’ll be dangerous definitely; his verses usually have a lot of things going on from the story itself to how it’s written. He’s versatile – kill you with emotion or intelligence.

Peril-eyez – Haven’t seen too much out of him this year – but this guys pretty much synonymous with Champion in RSTL. His previous accomplishments speak for themselves and his verses were almost always a delight. An effortless writer who could spin an interesting story at a drop of a hat – and paint a picture as clear as the one hanging on your mantle. But what has he done lately – has he still got it – and will he even show?

Just a few of the obvious people to look out for – they’ll go far – but like this week showed anyone can beat anyone on a given day…

You know what’ll be especially interesting to see, at least for me? How legit are the big boys. Some folks definitely talk a good game – some deservedly so – as for the others…well this will be the place to show the veracity of their claims. If last year is any indication, anyone has a shot at winning it all so those highly ranked can’t take anything for granted. An 18 seed won last year – that means either someone stepped up their game or those on top didn’t deserve to be there…

THE TOP 4 LOOK-IN
    By Camber

#3 vs. #4
    DahLohner vs. Stony

How many times have we seen DahLohner here before? He's travelled this road before and knows what to do along it. However Stony is not to be taken lightly.. this modern day poet has some big wins in the past and will definetely give DahLohner a run for his money. One more win for either one of these competitors means a shot at the gold, so we're definitely in for a close knit match. Stay Tuned.

IV vs. DmeTrius
    Old School vs. New School
    #1 vs. #2
    The Old Champ vs. The New Champ

You're probably asking yourself...'Wait..Did I Miss Something? Who's DmeTrius?'.He's actually the RSTL's fastest rising young gun and has cannon balled his way right into the title match. Blasting past Jowelz last week was one of the most important of many accomplishments DmeTrius has experienced over the past 7 weeks. Now, don't think for one second this will be an easy ride for him, because our current champ IV is approaching the tie for the longest stint as champion. Time and time again the villain has knocked off top heads with reletive ease. The real question for this title match is what style will each MC come with, with a wide variety to choose from this week from comedy to tragedy, what style will be used? With all else said, the final word is definetely excitement as this match definetely has the potential to be one of the top ten matches of the year. Stay tuned!!!!

IV's REIGN
    By Shock

Iiight faggots, to begin with id jus like to say everything im about to say is a lie to make IV think he's ill, really he's jus a fag who will never be as good as ShockMania.

*Enters journalist Mode*

Well, first off id jus like to thank Tekneek for once again allowin me to put forward my thoughts and opinions in the Rstl Tribune (even though im doin him a favor, it still sounds sophisticated, right?). Ok ok lets get on with this…

Im here to write and give my 2 cents to the Rstl'anians and all viewers of the Tribune Mag about IV's current title run. IV is now approachin to equal the record of longest title defense which is currently held by Peril Eyes who had an excellent championship reign of 5 successive title defenses. Since returnin to the league IV has been a man on a mission, although some believed IV was washed up and could never become champ again *cough*Me*cough*, he proved us wrong by defeatin the 'man of the moment' Author NYSE for the title.

After Author defeated our current league moderator and RSTL creator TeKneeK for the title, many believed he would go on to a long and successful reign. However, when faced upon the legendary IV, Author failed to live up to expectations as IV's experience proved too much for the leagues new sensation.

So IV's title reign began and so far it has remained successful and he has stayed at the top for several weeks now… like i mentioned earlier on in the article he is approachin the title defense record and i personally know that not only would he like to equal that record but he has his sites set on breakin it.

Followin his initial victory against AUTHOR, IV has successfully defended his title against Cigma, DahLoner and most recently Black Jesus. While DahLoner and Cigma failed to move IV off the top many thought his reign would come to an end last week when he met up with BJ, however Jesus failed to even show up for the match (perhaps shook after viewin IV's verse, or perhaps personal problems proved an obstacle), although we will never know the real reason BJ didnt show up, all that matters is IV remains champ and is now faced with what some consider his easiest challenge yet.

Yes IV now comes up against the darkhose of the RSTL, the man who has a slow rise to the top, Dmetrius. In somewhat of a david vs goliath situation, i think TeKneeK described it as 'The Brock Vs Hurricane' style (iono sum gay ass wrestlin shit), IV may go into this bout under-estimatin D and if he does it could prove costly.

However im not here to talk specifically about InsaneVillain Vs Demetrius, i'm here to merely speculate upon IV's title reign so far and what could continue for a few weeks yet. So now i have you updated with information and speculation on IV's Reign, I will leave you with just a few questions to ponder while you wait for the title match to go ahead.

Can IV Defeat Dmetrius as expected and defend his title, or will Dmetrius pull the upset?

Is it possible for IV to Equal Peril Eyes 5 week Title Defense Record?

And if so, can he go onto to break the record and become a true RSTL GREAT?

...The Real Question Is..

Is IV a Legend, or just another flash in the pan champ?

This has been a TEKNEEK Productions.
    test
  4. JOWELZ

JOWELZ Bah Fangooly Da Bear

before I read the rest, I must disrespectfully disagree with you Tek.

I felt I won, but I didn't, so I'm happy to leave it at that...

voters, just so you know, I have nothing to do with Tek's opinion.
    test
  5. TeKneeK

^^^ that is true... what u read about me and Jowelz was my own personal feelings and thoughts.... no conspiracy or anything of that was ever provoked to those that my "COLUMN" was addressed to...
    test
  6. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

good job, i got a mention, hooray, i'll be winning the tourney though, believe that, and i'll reveal my alias when i do
    test
  7. Og Simmson

Og Simmson New Member

wow lol thanx alot for what you said its very appricated..this is axcent btw..
    test
  8. shockgod

shockgod 1x Rstl Champ

my article was best
    test
  9. DahLohner

DahLohner Straight Up Un-Holy

word shock's article was funny, intelligent, and informative..he should write more.

Newayz, these were some tight articles, and Tek's blast on the voters showed courage, and said some things that need to be said.
    Thanks for the love

Peace.

IMOUT
    test
  10. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

test
  11. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

now im pumped up again! now i shall crush dmetrius... thanks for posting this...
    test
  12. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

shock gets a power ranking?
    my god, rmc dickrydes more than any site ever.
    test
  13. Muti

Muti I just write

SHOCk pulled a bitch move a week ago... and TEK didn't NOTE that like he said.....he would do...

Tek we need to talk again....
    test
  14. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

word

me and the goat = greatest of all time
    test
  15. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

If you wanna talk about the thoroughness of votes - just look at the match and see the breakdowns between the voters. If you notice - the first few don't say jack and just give the vote to Jowelz.

No one screwed anyone. The tone of your article is if we conspired to prevent IV vs JOWELZ. That's pretty ludicrous - I'm sure that was a match everyone was waiting to see.

If this was maybe like 3-2 I might be able to feel you - but 5 people voted Dmetrius - after he was down pretty bad - Jowelz just didn't get the votes. Just cuz it's Jowelz vs Dem doesn't mean alright lets just all vote for JOWELZ. That's what you're basically saying. Why even have the match then? Jowelz is a damn good writer - most of his drops are gems - but the voters weren't feeling him this week. Why does there have to be a conspiricy?

The flow - was seamless yes - I said it in my breakdown - but impersonal - the whole story was impersonal - a reflection of a reflection - the topic chosen to garner positive emotion. I thought it was too simple for Jowelz yet he did a good job overall.

The writing was there - but there was something about the story that was disdainful - insulting. A tragedy that really happened to us - being used so blatantly. Every description and event the guy goes through in the story is going for the tears...iono man - I just felt like it was too contrived. Some voter said that "that's just the way that I remembered it," and I thought bs - that's what you heard it was like. You remember running for your life and panicking - calling your wife and kids - realizing with horror that you are gonna die - and coming to grips that its either the fire our you jump...riiiight. Jowelz stepped over the line of using emotion - cheapened it in this instance because of the topic. The guy in his story wasn't real person - he was built for pity...I don't know how else I can relate it...

Uno
    test
  16. JOWELZ

JOWELZ Bah Fangooly Da Bear

*bites lip and keeps mouth shut*
    test
  17. Art Writaz

Art Writaz The Brokken Knukkle

good shit tek, great mag, piece 1 stay up
    test
  18. KhemikaL*PhusionZ

KhemikaL*PhusionZ Green+Need=Weed

tek.. IV and Jowelz nuts are goin numb..
    test
  19. ..::Peepers::..

..::Peepers::.. New Member

good job again Tek, nice read....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.