Give a legitimate case/argument against 2pac as the GOAT

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Juked, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Not because he was a "nigga that lived in the hood."

He grew up poor, in an area where drug dealing was commonplace, he was smart, and has shown a sense of business savvy. Damn near anyone that fulfills those prerequisites has sold drugs. Period.

Oh yea, I LOVE gangsta rap. Just check out my love for Tupac, you fucking retard.

It's stupid to assume someone with a good amount of motivation and huge lack of means would sell drugs? I don't give a fuck if you are black, you have NO IDEA what the hood is like.

Lol acting like I was always like this. I love people like you who think that just because someone tries to better themselves, it means that they are soft. I'm not gonna sit here and "prove my realness" to you, I've done that to people in real life through the shit I've done and life I lived. Now, after realizing that will take me nowhere but jail or an early grave, I am in school trying to make a better life for myself, my brothers, and my family. You can go ahead and act like it's cool to perpetuate stereotypes if you want, it'll just give white people more reasons to be racist.

And what about impressing girls? Seriously bro, you are either mentally ill or mentally disabled...
    test
  2. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

you wastin' your breath, Pain, i'm just sayin'
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

*Sighs* I know man, lol. I know.

I don't why I let that dude draw me into these conversations...
    test
  4. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

That was a bit much P.
    test
  5. .:Pain:.

It pisses me off, cuz he won, lol, just by baiting me into this argument.

I know how cats like him work, actin' like he's one of a kind when there's millions like him on the internet, instigating shit cuz they know they can without repercussion.

Whatever though, I'ma go back to ignoring his ass, until I forget again and start arguin' over shit I don't even really care about...
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

test
  7. Anonmuz

I think he's done that to me when we've disagreed on some shit too, I got tricked. It's good you don't take these disagreements in the wrong way like a lot of heads on here do.
    test
  8. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

cuz he's the most contradicting rapper ever.
    test
  9. Anonmuz

That's a BS statement but it's true.

I say BS because you, and me and everybody on this vbulletin has contradicted themselves over and over.

Just cause Pac was willing to share his feelings and willing to admit when he was wrong instead of hiding behind his P.I. and going with the politically correct way these artist did then and everyone does now.

These artist today are so fake, they're all 'yes men' and agree with everyone it sickening. Nobody has an opinion no more.

Fif is the only one that got and opinion but he only does shit to cause drama before a release of his.
    test
  10. Break_Bread

Agreed.

Pac's still in my top 10. But idk what it is, he like contradicted himself passionately. lol. But ive always had his defense in a way sayin we'll sometime you want to shoot someone dome out some days, then wanna be the biggest peace maker other days...its the same thing but Pacs words got Megaphoned.

It was more of he's not the goat to me, & thats the easiest shot i can take at Pac.
    test
  11. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

Nas.
    test
  12. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

The most human rapper ever.

All men are contradictions and change immensely from minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day, and year to year... the more you say and do, the more vulnerable you are to getting your foot in your mouth.

A compassionate warrior is by no means an oxymoron.
    test
  13. .:Pain:.

^I disagree.

He was like a charicature (sp?) of what you explained. That to the most extreme extent. I mean, the guy literally went from being a back up dancer for a fun-loving rap group, to being one of the most gangsta rappers in the history of rap. That's quite the leap to take.

Don't get me wrong, any man with a certain amount of profundity in him will have revelations, but he almost regressed into an ignorant wanna-be gangster, rather than PROgressing into a more profound lyricist...
    test
  14. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

Pac is the greatest rap ARTIST of all time.

let's just end it at that.
    test
  15. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

What's wrong with dancing to hip-hop? That's hip-hop. Shit, I love to wax intellectual and deep and speak out, but I also like to have fun.

His stuff got more profound as time went on, and more poetic, pure and reflective of his human psyche and goals IMO - "my dreams are censored/my hopes are pawned/i'm like a pheen that finally sees when all the dope is gone" and he became even more representative of the voice he stood for with each line in his pivotal and moving pieces.

The more life goes on, and the more shit happens to you, the more animal you become - as your madness grows, so too does the method to your madness. It's like a sword being tempered over time... folded and dusted, scolded, and hammered flat so many times, that it only becomes sharper, deadlier, and more eager to spill blood for it's master.

His progress was natural for what he was and what he reflected from within to without... if he had evolved from Digital Underground into Sage Francis or Slug, he would be a contradiction of growth as an artist that makes little to no sense and is not reflective of his true self, his roots, and a mirror of his own experiences and observations.
    test
  16. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

"I got people telling me to lead their revolution"

"i may not be the one to change the world, but I will spark the brain of the person that does"

"Remember this lack of compassion when I come out."

"so I gotta be the most macho mother fucker on the planet"

Rational and human thoughts... true to his words.
    test
  17. Mo_Scrilla31

Mo_Scrilla31 New Member

You're basing this on what, exactly? You're implying that circa 1994-1996, Pac wasn't a profound lyricist? I could go on for DAYS breaking down some of Pac's work.
    test
  18. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

1st off its character...2nd pac wuz gettin kicked off the tours wit digital, almost fighting soundman for the tours, pac alwayz been wild, watch dvd called thug immortal, all kind of katz talkin about pac fightin wit police, fightin his homies over the sega controler and spilled koolaid

3rd off pac aint no gangsta rapper

datz whut the media portrayz him for the most part

pac=the best
    test
  19. Break_Bread

TheDonn = a nutthugger that would love to have either Pac in his mouth
    test
  20. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

u faggot ass nigga
    test