Give a legitimate case/argument against 2pac as the GOAT

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Juked, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

the best rapper of all time is Andre 3000..

case closed.
    test
  2. 1ne_mike

1ne_mike New Member

big-ups to NinjaMic, I feel you, trust me i feel

Pac we miss you down here!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Andre's up in the tops for sure... but only if he decides to rap full time again will he really be up up up up on top IMO and when I read that it took him 6 months to write that verse on Royal Flush (I assume coming back to it when he's inspired to, and not "forcing" anything), the results may have been fantastic, but seriously... Pac couldda wrote that in 10 minutes and spent the rest of the night telling the Outlawz to hurry the fuck up and write their shit for the Makaveli album.

I love Andre, but I honestly, seriously cannot listen to Love Below, even though I like the eclectic stuff on CeeLo's albums, and Gnarls Barkley... but I love Speakerboxx, that shit was fire. I got weird taste though sometimes, so I won't try to shut down what you're sayin... just my two.
    test
  4. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

haha pac>>>>>>
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I have no arguments with that... and he's not even my favorite rapper.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I like "The Love Below"... I just don't think it's classic like so many of his fans called it when it was first released. It's funky. It's entertaining. It's soulful.

Andre3000 really never released anything wack... like ever.

Not even mediocre.

He's one of the most creative and substantial lyricists to ever grace a microphone. He's got a nice balance of style and substance. He doesn't overly rely on any one aspect of emceein' or writing.

I don't know if I can say the same thing about most of the other usual suspects who continue to make everyone's top 5 lists.
    test
  7. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

I agree 100%. that's precisely why I think he's the best, you took the words right out of my mouth. lol
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Don't know if you missed it or not, but I had him listed at #1 on my top 100 MCs of All Time list... and he's not even my favorite Outkast member... I like Big Boi better.

But when it comes to the total package, nobody comes closer than 3 Stacks.

Not even Nas, Jay Z, Eminem, Tupac, Big L, Big Pun, etc.

Most rappers tend to be one-note... and they lack severely in other areas... that's not always a bad thing... I mean, some people just can't be that complete and if they serve their one purpose well, then more power to them...

But Andre3000, even though his schemes are variable and complex, they're not overwhelming like so many other heavy schematic rappers... he uses them appropriately like tools instead of letting them use him... which is what great ARTISTS do.

I mean, I don't know how else to say it... he understands the balance between technique and emotion... style and substance... most rappers swing hard one way or the other.

Plus, he understands the big picture of what makes a great song... he has great opening lines... great hooks... he does great things with his voice, inflection and delivery.
    test
  9. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

See, I think Ghostface is the most perfect MC, most consistent, and has such a huge catalogue, especially when you look at his presence on Wu albums... but he's not as universal, humble as Andre, nor really respected outside of certain circles the way Jay-Z and Nas are... even though I think he should be. He's definitely got a fanbase, and prestige in hip-hop alone, but not universal acceptance and acknowledgement all across the boards.

I bet that one night at the grammies when Forever lost would have been a big factor in how his solo career was later percieved with Supreme Clientele etc
    test
  10. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle ✂ Touche Douche ツ ✗○✗○✗○☂

Too small of a catalog.

^ I've been saying this.

1. Andre Benjamin
    2. Tupac
    3. Em
    test
  11. Common_Sense79

Common_Sense79 Truth Peddler

** applauds **

Just close the thread now. I'd like to see someone even try to rebuttal this. Seriously.
    test
  12. Common_Sense79

Me against the world. Listen to it sometime. The whole album is dope and it's probably pac at his most human - vulnerable, honest, caring, passionate, etc.
    test
  13. Imposter

Imposter New Member

Briefcase Joe is probably the goat.
    test
  14. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

I'm embarrassed to have hardly touched on anything Outkast have done. Which is their best album? Especially as an introductory album?

*is red*
    test
  15. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

Me Against The World = Classic, especially when it was released.
    test
  16. Common_Sense79

Any really, save for the last album, which was a good album, but didn't quite capture that 'Kast feel. I highly recommend Aquemi and ATAliens as starter joints. Both those albums are great from start to finish.
    test
  17. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

^ Thanks my man.
    test
  18. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

yeah ATLiens and Aquemini for sure..
    test
  19. vandalism

vandalism the king

yeah ghostface the most consistent in the game

he been releasing 4+ mic albums for 17 years now... solo, group, duo... and he still doin it, no one else been that consistent

probably the most underrated in the game too
    test
  20. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle ✂ Touche Douche ツ ✗○✗○✗○☂

I'd give that to Masta Ace.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.