Getting more emotional with age?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Short2003, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

Any of you ladies notice this? I've noticed in the last few years things that wouldn't even phase me have me teary eyed....TV shows, commericals, certain songs, good things that happen in my life or bad things that happen to other people.. I don't know where it's coming from and I don't like it..lol.. Has this happened to anyone else?
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Are you in love?

If so, there's your answer... being in love makes you more vulnerable.

When you were not in love, you probably had your emotions guarded and were less sensitive to typical sentimental things... I just find that to be true more often than not.

test
  3. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

YES! Actually I have noticed this. Although I've always got a tear during those sob movies. I find myself crying and being more emotional these days towards tv shows, commercials and movies. I've never been this emotional. It's unreal. I can watch Oprah and cry my eyes out [dunno] Dunno if it' comes with age....but I know I've reached that point! lol
    test
  4. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

Dude...

The other morning I was up browsing the message boards of a wedding site I post on. Despite the fact that I'm getting married...the whole idea of weddings and getting married has never made me at all that emotional. But there I am at like 6 in the morning reading this thread entitled "post the picture that defined your wedding" or something to that effect and I'm looking at them getting all teary-eyed lol

And now when I listen to some of the songs I know we'll be using for our wedding...there I go again getting all sappy and shit lol

My sister's wedding this past June...people have all these pictures of me looking mad but it was only really me trying not to bust out in tears all day b/c I was so happy for her [funny]

I watched The Notebook a month or so ago....cried at the end of it.

I'm seriously starting to scare myself lol It's so very unlike me in every way.
    test
  5. Short2003

Yeah I am, but I have been for like 10+ years.. The only differencec between my life now and then is that I have had kids..that could be a possibility..
    test
  6. Short2003

yeah the worst part for me is trying to hold it all in...lol..In my head I think like "god Jen, WTH is wrong with you, WHY WHY WHY, just to try and think about something else.. It's like im having an internal emotion fight and the emotions are winning.. I don't like it..lol

Of topic..What songs are you using or thought about using for your wedding??
    test
  7. skandelous_lala

You would ask that as I'm sitting here going through some songs and getting teary eyed again wouldn't you?! [funny]

I think I just now decided I want to walk down to Musiq's "Don't Change"...screw the wedding march or whatever that crap is everybody always uses. [funny]

I'm leaving a lot of music choices up to Kiowa since that's about the only part of wedding planning that he's interested in lol..but I have some must haves

Ruff Endz~~ Someone To Love You (he wants that one too since it's "our" song.
    Boyz II Men ~~ Thank U in Advance
    Prophet Jones ~~ Lifetime... it has a few lines I don't like *heh* but I like the message of the song.
    Edwin McCain ~~ I'll Be *coughs and runs away*

That's it for right now...I'm still searching for more but being picky.
    I'm trying to find Bilal ~~Love It for download somewhere... I want to hear it..really like the lyrics but need to hear it all come together.
    test
  8. Short2003

I feel old, I only know one of those songs, the Edwin McCain song, that is a nice song..

lala, do you know the song From This Moment - Shania Twain.. I've suggest this song to alot of people for their wedding and they automatically are like hell no, it's country and dont even give the damn song a chance... She has 2 versions of the song, one is a duet that DOES sound country and the other one is just her and it doesn't sound that country to me..Anyway, you should check it out if you've never heard it.. It's the song I play when I walk out of my imaginary wedding... :screwy:

Lyrics here...

If you like the lyrics download the song and listen to it a few times but make sure you get the version of her alone, unless you guys don't mind country sounding music..lol
    test
  9. skandelous_lala

It has pretty lyrics and I've heard it before...and if anybody else sang it...I would highly consider it...but I have an extreme dislike for Shania Twain..*runs away before you can hit me* [funny]

I think Kiowa would object anyways [funny]

It is a pretty song though..just not for us yah know?

Not to high jack your thread but if you have suggestions for non sappy songs for a father/daughter dance (any genre) I'd love to hear them. I've been trying to find something that isn't overly emotional...it doesn't hafta pertain to a dad and his daughter getting married. =)
    test
  10. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

listen to the idiot
    test
  11. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

Fucking old people.
    test
  12. What lines in prophet jones dont you like?

what about , dru hill--share my world

beautiful song for a wedding
    test
  13. Nicki

Nicki ~Tease~

:O me 2? its either dont change or all my life ... everyone at the wedding will be cringing and ill be in tears lol as far as getting more emotinal with age goes.. i gotta say ive always been kinda emotionally unstable... i never really noticed but i thing "ignorants" right this past year since i met my man ive been all over the place lol theres a advert on tv here about cancer research which shows this kid looking in the mirror and his mum in the reflection saying have a good day then she disapears :( i woulda been sad seeing that b4 but i get a lump in my throut have to leave the room or turn the tv over fucking hormones! agg anyways rant over.

oh and my eyes are never dry watching "I am Sam" :( *I Love u like a song* :(:(
    test
  14. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

That movie I am Sam makes me freaking BALL all the time. I find I'm always crying in movies. I mean, I cried in 50 First Dates for pete sakes ROTFLMAO :/
    test
  15. FukkedUPKidR

FukkedUPKidR Guest

i became more emotional since my friend passed away last year. i understood grief in a way i hadn't before..... it brought me a lot closer to everything in this world, in turn making me emotional towards small things like movies and tv shows.

i appreciate that sensitivity in me. it's good. =)
    test
  16. Short2003

How does someone NOT like Shania Twain :getyou: Nah...lol.. I am biased b/c she's Canadian..
    Don't even worry about highjacking the thread this is more interesting to me and probably everyone else too. [funny] I was thinking of renaming it LaLa's wedding lounge..heh..

As for the daughter/father dance, one of my friends had I knew I loved you before I met you ~ Savage Garden.. I can't think of the lyrics but from what I can remember I don't think it was really fitting and it is kinda sappy.. [dunno] My other friend has sort of a strange relationship with her Dad and she picked Old Time Rock and Roll...lol.. We were all expecting this sappy tune then they just busted out with air guitar/piano, it was hilarious..
    For the song do you want it to be just some random song or something kind of fitting but not having to do at all with daughter getting married? Im not sure how the father/daughter dance goes..Is it supposed to be a song from the father dedicated to the daughter or vice versa or just any old tune? If it's dedicated to daughter Forever Young - Rod Stewart is a nice song, I always think of my kids when I hear it.. Ill be back with more wedding ramblings later..lol
    test
  17. Nicki

Nicki ~Tease~

hahahaha same, Adam Sandler was so sweet in that movie lmao Kids movies get me to Bambi, Dumbo ect :s imma wreak :( lmao
    test
  18. skandelous_lala

Brit Boi~~~ "I'm not afraid of what my boys might say" and "I was always a player goin hard
    So many girls so many games
    I left a trail of broken hearts" I don't find those lines romantic lol... but the rest of the of the song is beautiful so I'll overlook them lol
    Haven't heard the Dru Hill song...or more like I probably have but it's been a very long time. I'll try to find it so I can have a listen =)

Nicki..that commercial sounds so sad! Glad I haven't seen it..it probably would make me sappy these days lol

Short...me and my dad don't have one of those relationships where he'll be liking crying as he walks me down the aisle or anything. It won't be some big emotional day for him like it will be for me...so I would feel wierd having this emotional song to dance with him with when I know that that isn't how our relationship is. I'm sure you've probably heard that Butterfly Kisses song, no? (They play it at every damn wedding I've been too in the past 6 or 7 years for the father/daughter dance lol) It's just like..no..I could not do that lol
    I don't know if there are any father/daughter songs out there that aren't overly sappy. I would almost rather having something just sourta fun and upbeat..yah know? I'll check out your suggestions.

I think the father/daughter dance is supposed to me like a song the bride dedicates to her dad but I'm not sure about that.
    test

19. lol. I thought it was going to be that part of the song or 'thugs need love too' at the beginning.
    test
  20. mama21

mama21 panama-red@blackplanet

mainly tv shows, not to have a long explanation but it's like i feel what the person is going through if it's something terrible, but i don't get teary eyed unless i put myself in that position..i don't know if its something selfish but that happens when i ask myself what would i do in that situation.lately it's been two lifetime movies i got that feeling from.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.