get cubase now

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by mocha_licious, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

sorry, i'ma have to disagree wit u dawg...

a producer directs the ENGINEER...the producer should kno everything, now a beat maker may not need to kno...but a REAL PRODUCER is the one responsible for the best performance and sound possible...so yes, he should atleast kno the BASICS to recording...and dithering is the BASICS...i believe a producer is a step beyond an engineer...it will be wise for u to master the engineering process b4 calling yourself a producer...when really the person is just a beatmaker.
    test
  2. End of Story

End of Story Brightest Pupil

^ why what does it have thats better?
    test
  3. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

i meant the term "producer" as in "beatmaker"... i usually call "beatmakers" "producers"... thats how its commonly used in hip hop... when you get into live instruments, and performances of bands... THATS when the head engineer is the producer... since he is "producing" the music into recordable media.

when you see a song on a album, and in the credits it says "produced by: kayne west" does that mean that kayne was in the session with that artist and watched over the head engineer? do you think the neptunes are at the studio sessions of every person they sell beats too? yet they win grammys for "producers of the year"...

different terms for different genres of music.
    test
  4. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

lol @ the haters on FL..

its a great program.. its just u cant get the results that u want.. thats probly ur lack of talent.. but FL kicks ass in my opinion.. i like it better than reason..

i had nuendo.. but back then, it kept crashin like crazy..
    test
  5. mocha_licious

mocha_licious New Member

the point is this...sure in the short term you can get ill at cooledit..and with Cubase it takes longer to learn .BUT in the long run music on Cubase is better coz of VST effects millions of VST plug ins get it biotchhhhhhhhh and you can record in 24 bit 96 khz (and higher)
    test
  6. Syntax_Mastery

wtf@you continuing to boost 24/96

every sound card ont he planet supports 24/96 quality... i can make beats in fruity loops at that level of sound easily... no latency... and i can use vst instruments in fruity loops as well....

and most vst effects come in dxi format as well...which means u can use them in cool edit...

the truth is... in the long run, your knowledge of what program you use will make you better as a producer... the program doesnt dictate talent.
    test
  7. mocha_licious

mocha_licious New Member

LMAO no not every soundcard has 24 96 most stock soundcard do not
    test
  8. Syntax_Mastery

of course MOST stock computer soundcards wont support it..but every home studio card starting from 99 dollars supports it.... even soundblaster has supported it for a while...

stop blowin that horn... the standard is about to jump to 32bit/192k anyway when dvd-a's drop...
    test
  9. mocha_licious

mocha_licious New Member

r u a fucking tard you said that dim wit..STFU
    test
  10. Syntax_Mastery

stop picking apart words... when i said that i didnt know you were going to pull out some..."well the compusa brand soundcards for 5 dollars dont"... im speaking on a semi-pro, and professional level...and your talkin about $20-$50 dollar consumer soundcards.
    test
  11. Syntax_Mastery

test
  12. mocha_licious

mocha_licious New Member

damn@192 thats gansta babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........I wish mine was that ill [ragu]
    test
  13. Syntax_Mastery

damn your obsessed with quality...lmao

too many people are.
    test
  14. Definit

Definit Based.

its sad...but yo syntax...im usin Sonar 3...and im wondering why i get so many drop outs...i know its from my delta 44 settings n i've messed with so many settings on it now...it really doesnt help...n i got a new custom comp...im jus wondering if you could holla at me on aim n help me out wit setting that up for what im tryina do...it would be much help if ya did that for me...

vote - syntax for audio tips & help mod.

lol...and people seriously do needa focus more on the music n less on the quality...as long as ya shit runnin right n its commin out tight..do ya thang n keep progressing...no need for the public announcements...Holla.
    test
  15. TozZ

TozZ New Member

ok i just got cubase.. i opened it for the first time and i was like.. WTF? its so complicated.. and i cant even edit the files individually.. cant do silence.. cant EQ and shit like that like i can do in cool edit.. the program layout reminds me of adobe premiere, but i still dont know how to use it.. ahh
    test
  16. TozZ

TozZ New Member

i got cubase SX btw.. is that any different
    test
  17. Syntax_Mastery

thats what were talkin about... cubase sx

and the layout is different than cool edit totally... you just have to get used to it...
    test
  18. mocha_licious

mocha_licious New Member

Cubase SX= gangsta babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy jeah!
    test
  19. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

i use 24/32....
    test
  20. mocha_licious

mocha_licious New Member

my card only gos up to 24 96 or I would use 32 too :(
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.