Gerald Levert Won't Be Charged With Assault

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by MR HIP HOP HEAD, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MR HIP HOP HEAD

MR HIP HOP HEAD New Member

CLEVELAND - Rhythm & blues recording artist Gerald Levert will not face assault charges for his confrontation with police here on Friday.

Prosecutor Anthony Jordan said that there was no evidence the singer caused serious physical harm to patrolmen Ronald W. Ross and Daniel Lentz.

Levert, 38, was charged with drunken driving, impeding traffic, obstructing police business and resisting arrest.

Police said Levert and a passenger in his car, James Austin Jr. of Canton, intervened when authorities stopped a friend of Levert's for speeding at 12:45 a.m.

Ross said he hurt his wrist while dealing with Levert and Lentz said he hurt his shoulder while trying to detain Austin.

"If these officers were assaulted and injured as a result of that assault, there should have been a charge of assault on a police officer, a felony," said Bob Beck, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association.

Austin, 27, is charged with felonious assault for allegedly punching Lentz in the face.

Levert, of Newbury, about 20 miles east of Cleveland, is the son of Eddie Levert, a founding member of The O'Jays, a longtime R&B group. Gerald Levert became lead singer of the trio Levert in 1985. He began his solo recording career in 1991.

Link
    test
  2. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

LOL...I though my dude was lying when he said he was in jail with Gerald Levert the other day..hahaaa

What are the odds.
    test
  3. MOBB DEEP

MOBB DEEP New Member

Gerald lives in Newbury? That neighborhood is off of Harvard Ave going past where the Blue Coral factory used to be by the freeway. That's a sad situation for Gerald. I'm surprised he was drunk driving & resisting arrest. This is the first time i've heard of him being in trouble with the law.
    test
  4. *DowntownStar*

*DowntownStar* ____________________

let me translate this article into blackanese for you.

CLEVELAND - Rhythm & blues recording artist Gerald Levert will not face assault charges for his confrontation with police here on Friday.

Prosecutor Anthony Jordan said that there was no evidence the singer caused serious physical harm to patrolmen Ronald W. Ross and Daniel Lentz.

Levert, 38, was charged with drunken driving, impeding traffic, obstructing police business and resisting arrest.

translation: ronald ross and daniel lentz tried to arrest levert for being black but for some strange reason, the other false charges didn't stick this time.

Police said Levert and a passenger in his car, James Austin Jr. of Canton, intervened when authorities stopped a friend of Levert's for speeding at 12:45 a.m.

translation: the car was moving. black men were in it. that was reason to take them down.

Ross said he hurt his wrist while dealing with Levert and Lentz said he hurt his shoulder while trying to detain Austin.

translation: the cop sprained his arm while throwing them around.

"If these officers were assaulted and injured as a result of that assault, there should have been a charge of assault on a police officer, a felony," said Bob Beck, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association.

translation: 'my officers punched these nggers and hurt his hand, and we want to press charges.'

Austin, 27, is charged with felonious assault for allegedly punching Lentz in the face.

translation: lentz's head was near austin's arm. sometime later that night, lentz saw austin inadvertently close his fingers, making something slightly resembling a fist. this now qualifies as a 'punch'

Levert, of Newbury, about 20 miles east of Cleveland, is the son of Eddie Levert, a founding member of The O'Jays, a longtime R&B group. Gerald Levert became lead singer of the trio Levert in 1985. He began his solo recording career in 1991.
    translation: levert is still a ngga.
    test
  5. Hpnotiq

Hpnotiq KISS MY ASS BITCHES

poor Gerald, 1st his album flops then hes arrested, 1 good thing came out of this, he won't be charged
    test
  6. lexchel

lexchel New Member

glad he won't be charged
    test
  7. Hpnotiq

Hpnotiq KISS MY ASS BITCHES

test
  8. MOBB DEEP

MOBB DEEP New Member

How you figure Gerald's album flopped? Just because it didn't sell? I bet he has some good songs on there. I've never heard any of his solo albums but that's because i never wanted to. I like some songs by him like Ain't It Funny & Answering Service. He sings too many love songs to me & not enough uptempo songs. I love Levert's Just Coolin album though. I play that a lot.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.