George Lopez Talking about Carlos Mencia

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Os1ris, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

damn@everyone gettin on the fuck mencia bandwagon. this dude may do the same genre of comedy as chris rock but when was the last time you heard anything from him...especially when his tv show flopped and mencias is doing pretty well. i think hes doing a good job of making racism less taboo, along as the message gets across and people hear it, it doesnt matter whos saying it, or who said it in the first place.im actually going with mencia on the jealousy. who the fuck is george lopez or joe rogan to say shit? yall are treating them like theyre some kind gurus in the comedy world. no heavyweight comics have said anything about him other than these two. and ironically both their careers are shit. joe rogan is an announcer or some shit and i havent seen george lopez since he made a cameo on Curb Your Enthusiam. either take Mencia for the type of comedian he is and enjoy it, or get off the dudes dick.

he may not be the next jerry seinfield, or that original but you gotta give him credit for turning what he does into success. and if hes stealing jokes....why havent the other comedians gotten any offers to have their own show?(fear factor isnt a comedy)

ps its fucken sad when the best ammo you got against him is that he uses a stage name(like most entertainers) and that hes not the ethnicity he says he is. please, tell me the difference between a Honduran and a Mexican.
    test
  2. PhairEnglish

PhairEnglish I SMOKE KUSH DAILY

I'm guessing your directing this at the others because I dont treat either joe rogan or george lopez like anytype of guru, I form my own opinion first then let others weigh in on it. AS far as Mencia goes.... he should get credit for making himself known for recycling very old shit. What's so amazing is that it is blatant and he still has a nice following. so I guess that makes him smart business wise or something. He obviously is doing something right to have those fans and to have his show. What I believe in this type of comedy you must exhibit a personality that'll differentiate you from the rest, and Mencia is doing that Good Job! I'm far from hating...to be honest I watched alot of Mencia to develop a first hand opinion about him. I could give two shits if George Lopez or joe rogan dont like the dude... are either of them me? I'm far from being on Mencia's dick. I dropped my opinion, either hate it or love it like Mencia's act.

I'm not trynna start anything and if you meant that post towards others then I apologize. Your post seems a bit schizophrenic to say the least. Then again maybe you're just being s arcastic. Once again I apologize if you are.
    test
  3. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

••••••• Mountain was fuckin' hilarious...
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

dont bother apologizing. im just sayin i think this dude gets a lot of undeserved hate, i dont consider him top 10 material but i just dont see any reason for all of it. and like i said before, the best stuff they got against him is that hes honduran instead of mexican and that he uses a stage name.
    test
  5. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Live - Chris Rock is actually creative. He isn't KNOWN as a joke theif.

Mencia is as creative as your next door neighbor...and is KNOWN as a joke theif. Not known as a comedian, but as a joke theif.
    test
  6. PhairEnglish

PhairEnglish I SMOKE KUSH DAILY

Well the reason I said I apologized is because maybe I might've came off sorta heated. Dude isn't close to my top 10.... or 20. He just needs to get in the planning room and lock himself in it for about a year, then come out with something worthwhile. Maybe then he will grow on me and break my top 15.

Or he can keep doing what he's doing.... and get paid for being an unoriginal comedian that lacks creativity. I dont hate on dude at all I just got tired of him quick. I'm not going to start a "Let's all hate Mencia" campaign because of my opinion but at the same time I'm not gonna stop such a campaign either. :wink:
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Which Chris Rock show are you talking about? His HBO show did pretty well, it got solid ratings, and I think he got some awards for it, and it went on for several seasons. His current show on UPN is doing great. I think Rock also won a grammy for his last comedy album.

I don't think anybody is saying Rogan and Lopez are funny though..I think it says something about Rogan's comic ability when he is known for announcing for UFC and hosting Fear Factor and more then likely a lot of people don't know he is a comic. After watching him ruin the Man Show he left me wondering...

Lopez has his own show, he has had a sitcom on ABC for the last 4 or 5 years. Never really watched it but it's there.

But would Mencia's show been as successful had Chappelle not come first and set some kind of mold. You can't tell me that Mencia didn't bite the Gallagher thing..Dave has Black Gallagher and then Mencia has Mini Gallagher

yeah that was funny as fuck...i like some of Mencia's sketches..I just cant stand the guys stand up...A lot of comedians are funnier in sketch comedy then stand up and vice versa.
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

if his show is doing so great why havent i heard one person ever talk about it?

mencia and chapelle are nothing alike. the only thing they have in common is the race thing, and they do it in completly different ways. plus mencias show is race themed, chappeles wasnt and it had more variety than mencias.

joe rogan not being known for a comedian isnt because he hosts two non-comedy shows. its because he aint that funny. i dont have any biases against mencia,rogan, or lopez. im just callin it how i see it.
    test
  9. ThugEverlassin

ThugEverlassin Frum Da Streetz'a PB

know what's bad about ••••••• mountain?

Mario Lopez was funnier in the shit than Mencia was.
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

are you talking about Chris Rock's HBO show?

He stopped doing it in 2000..He was nominated for Emmys every year the show was on. Won a couple I believe for writing...It was a talk show but had sketch comedy involved in it along with comedic bits..

As far as Everybody Hates Chris, it has only been on one season and is doing extremely well for a UPN show..Already nominated for various awards..Rock is more behind the scenes on the show as a writer, and director...Also is the narrarator

Lopez's show must be doing something right also, it wrapped it's 5th season and I think it's coming back for a 6th.

Rogan did host a comedy show for a minute..The Man Show and successfully helped kill it along with Doug Stanhope...
    test
  11. Krighst

Krighst ,//,';./';.//''./';''/.;

Stanhope...another unfunny douche.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.