gears of war 2

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by swif, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

anyone plan on getting this when it comes out? I hope its not a bust gow 1 was pretty dope online minus the glitches and quitting
    test
  2. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

I hated the first one's controls, it was like using a penis, you could only go straight & somewhat side to side.
    test
  3. Langford

Langford New Member

test
  4. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

me and my friends like its Co-op campaign.. but the multiplayer makes me wanna vomit.. cant stand it..

ill play co-op through it once..
    test
  5. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

Kill Switch was even better than Gears Of War... IMO
    test
  6. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

I'm playing gears of war 1, and it's pretty good...but yea, the controls kind of suck, the side strafing in particular.
    test
  7. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

The controls are great in gow1, you just gotta get use to them, it's a tactical game so its not going to play like most first person titles.

Its annoying that you can pretty much be invincible with a shotgun, takes the tactics out of it since you can just roll up and pop a nigga with it. Glad they're fixing that wack ass shit in gow2.

I be using the lancer though, capping them shotgunners.
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

LMAO @ bad controls what the fuck???????

what do you wanna do fly through the sky?? lmao i swear some these niggas on this board are jokes they complain about shit just to complain, type of people nobody wanna be around. the controls were fine, the ability to move about during a gun fight and make it more challenging is great you just dont know what the fuck your doing, its ok, just admit it dont bitch about the game controls.
    test
  9. Matches T. Malone

Listen moron, the control layout and movement transition from CoD4 to GoW is significant.

when I'm used to moving to the side smoothly and quickly, it feels almost unresponsive on gow with the strafing. especially when running where you barely have any control, because instead of just running around obstacles, your character is moving towards those obstacles and stopping there for cover...even though the shooters are right behind him lighting him up.

It takes time to get used to difference in movement. now fuck off you simpleminded faggot.

i just got the shotgun, i don't know....i didn't feel all that invincible with it, but i am playing it on Hardcore...it takes like 2-3 shots to bring down a locust.

The controls are getting better, it's just a matter of knowing what you can and can't do anymore(since i play CoD4 pretty regularly). switching cover and diving back and forth between cover is actually pretty good.
    test
  10. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

Damn I'm glad I didn't have to say all that... thanks T
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

t;nsi ylniatrec ti gniht eno eht gneb lacitcat .ecnefed sti ni ''wog gnitah @ ftw - lacitcat stil'' ekil ni nur elpoep yaw eht evol i
    test
  12. Langford

Langford New Member

you're speaking in tongues
    test
  13. Langford

Langford New Member

took me a while to translate "certainly."
    test
  14. Matches T. Malone

yea, wtf was up with that? as if typing regularly wasn't hard enough for him...i wonder how long it took him to do it backwards.
    test
  15. Langford

Langford New Member

i think it's some sequence or hotkey on the computer, because i was typing like that for a minute, i guess i hit something by accident.

i also once had it so the entire screen was reversed, moving mouse was reversed and everything.

or maybe he's just being an ass.
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

pots gnikcuf tnow ti won .taht did ti eciton neve tndid i
    test
  17. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

I meant online multiplayer, once you get decent with the shotgun you pretty much become invincible.
    test
  18. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

multi player was ill to me as long as you know how to move about and what not the controls i understand what your saying just gotta get use to it the wall bouncing shit. but yea i went and pre ordered my shit yesterday
    test
  19. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

im simple minded? who the fuck is trying to compare COD4 controls to GOW??? LMAO

thats the fuckin stupidest comparison ive EVER heard, literally EVER
    i went from GOW to COD4 and the controls seemed hard for me in the transition, BECAUSE ITS A FPS you fuckin idiot, obviously the controls wont be alike, how the fuck can they be??

"instead of running around obstacles your guy is moving towards those obstacles and stopping there for cover"

thats if you hit the A button LMAO wowwww..................

the ignorance that consumes this board is unreal
    it dont matter what part of the board you're in you have retards

fact is GOW has SIMPLE controls, the movement is on point with how the game is meant to be played, a FPS and a 3rd person will never be alike, how fuckin long did it take you to realize that? it has nothing to do with one being worse than the other, they cant even be fuckin compared, its a completely different style of game and engine

thats like me comparing the movement in fallout 3 to the movement in resistance 2, the fuck?? lmao wow thats all i can say is wow, i have no other word for it

educate yourself
    and thats not disrespect..
    just seriously.. educate yourself.. please..
    test
  20. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I'm definitely getting it ..

BTW Matches - the shotgun thing is a 'problem' in multiplayer deathmatch .. if you're half decent at the game .. the shotgun is pretty much 1 shot 1 kill ..

the thing is .. most the people that exploit the weapon are the same ones that will abuse you over the headset for chainsawing them ..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.